Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Bro trucks

82K views 762 replies 132 participants last post by  Itstime 
#1 ·
What is the attraction to them? I guess I don't get it.

The "boy racer" I kind of get, with a small "fast" car that gets decent mpg.

The "rally car" guys I understand because their cars usually have turbos and are AWD so they are good in the snow, and better on gas than SUVs.

Granted, I would never buy the above vehicles but I see why people might have them.

Bro trucks:

Expensive to buy.
Expensive to own and maintain.
Most who own them never use them as a truck. :confused:

There are a growing number of them around here. They are all huge lifted diesels, usually blacked out, with straight pipe exhausts, and the need to blow smoke in everyone's face. They also rarely obey traffic laws, and like to race each other. There is a problem around here with them driving over medians as well as the front lawns and landscaping of local businesses.

I like a diesel truck as much as the next guy (drove one for work in highschool), but I wouldn't buy one unless I needed it. I don't tow or plow, diesels are expensive to buy and fix, and diesel is more expensive than 93 octane gas in my area. :laugh:

My friend just bought a 2003 Duramax. Keep in mind the only thing he puts in the bed is beer cans, and he doesn't haul anything or tow. Its lifted, beat to hell, the wiring is crap on it, the engine stalls for no apparent reason, the transmission is slipping and needs a rebuild, and it has almost 200k miles. Oh and it was a former plow truck. He took out a loan to buy it, and thinks its awesome. This is the same guy who complained the gas mileage sucked in his PAID OFF 5.2L ZJ Grand Cherokee. :confused:

Am I missing something?

See less See more
#346 ·
Lifted diesel Rockstar or some fancy shiny rims roll coils everything that moves. Most likely where's skin tight Rockstar or monster anything like that uhmm rich parents. they think there truck is badass but everyone sees and and says that's gay but the bro truck driver thinks there jealous. Never take truck offroad or haul stuff. Uhmm Ohh and when you see one yell out small Dick I like to do that if the windows are down lol

#347 ·
xrunndonex said:
Lifted diesel Rockstar or some fancy shiny rims roll coils everything that moves. Most likely where's skin tight Rockstar or monster anything like that uhmm rich parents. they think there truck is badass but everyone sees and and says that's gay but the bro truck driver thinks there jealous. Never take truck offroad or haul stuff. Uhmm Ohh and when you see one yell out small Dick I like to do that if the windows are down lol
This post hurts...

#348 ·
xrunndonex said:
Very true, I do the same haha

#351 ·
bhikku said:
even a Prius? o_0
Lol. Ha ha. Even a Prius. If you're looking for fuel economy. Than yes. i still think my best mod to date is a mint 2004 hyundai accent as a DD.

I just love cars in general. Big, small, fast and slow. If someone wants to dump $30000 into a truck or jeep or car who am I to judge.

#388 ·
Lol. Ha ha. Even a Prius. If you're looking for fuel economy. Than yes. i still think my best mod to date is a mint 2004 hyundai accent as a DD.

I just love cars in general. Big, small, fast and slow. If someone wants to dump $30000 into a truck or jeep or car who am I to judge.
I agree with this statement. I honestly don't care what other people drive, or feel I'm better than them because I drive a Jeep. Its how people ACT while they drive. I find most people with bro-trucks act like they are better than everyone else. I don't care if someone has a bro-truck, but if they have a truck lifted to the sky and drive over medians and peoples lawns, that bothers me. If I'm trying to pull out into a busy intersection at night, but can't see due to the blinding illegal HID headlights in the lifted bro-truck behind me, that bothers me. The same goes for diesels. I love diesel trucks, but when someone rolls coal through an intersection to the point where nobody can see for 30 seconds or so, that is dangerous.

You can usually tell who these people are based on their vehicles. The way a vehicle is built and how they drive often reflects their lack of common sense.

#353 ·
_AdriaN_ said:
Why not? It's not your vehicle. The owner obviously just cares about MPG and nothing else so why should that bother you?
If only this were the sole reason people got Priusi(I think that's how it would be pluralized). how many times have we heard "your big smelly jeep is bad for the environment and you're a bad person for driving one" -_-;

#359 ·
I'm thinking country songs are also perpetuating this lifted truck thing.

I like the look and think they look cool. If I won the lottery I'd build one to tow around my attachable toys :).

I would also have a crazy jeep, mustang, challenger, Audi a4 S line and a pimped out 300 srt8 for going out for dinner. That would be my choices.

#360 ·
I'm thinking country songs are also perpetuating this lifted truck thing.

I like the look and think they look cool. If I won the lottery I'd build one to tow around my attachable toys :).

I would also have a crazy jeep, mustang, challenger, Audi a4 S line and a pimped out 300 srt8 for going out for dinner. That would be my choices.
Then you would end up on that show were the lottery winners kill themselves because they go bankrupt ha

#369 ·
xrunndonex said:
They don't know those batterys in the prius creates more pollution then my jeep could ever make so a new prius causes more pollution before they even roll onto the lot lol
This is a myth, Li-ion and nickel hybrid batteries used to run hybrid and EV care are non toxic and 100% recyclable. There are also very few reports of failed hybrid batteries and the industry expect them to last at least 150,000 miles.

The lead acid cell battery we use to start our Jeeps is more damaging to the environment in reality.

#371 ·
paul37 said:
Actually all the materials needed for the batteries aren't recyclable some are but not all, and the factories they are produced in are one of the leading pollution industries...it's like china but in a small factory...bad very bad
All nickel and most new Li-ion batteries are in fact 100% recyclable, only some of the early EV cars could only be 70% recycler but new ones are "zero land fill".

By some sort of trickle down economics buying older cars and keeping them in the road is a marvelous way to keep land fills from filling up and new car production increased; in turn creating even more pollution. But to say that a hybrid car creates more pollution than a Jeep does in it's entire lifetime is not true.

#374 ·
Ideally if I had loads of money I'd have a fully built Jeep crawler and a nice trailer for my v8 4Runner to pull around (which would be supercharged and dressed up in some nice wheels since money isn't an option) and then some kind of hybrid vehicle for daily driving.

I like all cars and don't discriminate....I'd probably have to buy another Audi or BMW to keep my wife happy though. Sure do wish money grew on trees.

#375 ·
I'd drive most of these trucks (the ones with just the lifts and ghey rims). But my first order of business would be to throw some soft 8s and real MTs on them. And then pull whatever ridiculous tune they have to roll coal. I really love the sound TDs make, truly awesome, but the rolling coal thing is ridiculously dumb. Then I'd be able to really wheel my Jeep 'cause I'd have a killer tow rig!

I really wish th rockstars and their equivalents would disappear. Along with the 14" lifts.

#377 ·
Instead of a Prius I'd take my dads Chevy Cruze 6speed manual turbo that gets 50mpg. That thing is a blast to drive and that turbo gives that little car some speed too. It even has a short throw shift and can out drag POS ricers if I didn't have a jeep I'd have one of those (always will have a jeep tho who am I kidding) when gas prices started to go up I was seriously considering trading my JK for a Cruze or something, but I love the thing so much I just decided to get a better job to pay for the gas lol.

#378 ·
nobndry said:
Instead of a Prius I'd take my dads Chevy Cruze 6speed manual turbo that gets 50mpg. That thing is a blast to drive and that turbo gives that little car some speed too. It even has a short throw shift and can out drag POS ricers if I didn't have a jeep I'd have one of those (always will have a jeep tho who am I kidding) when gas prices started to go up I was seriously considering trading my JK for a Cruze or something, but I love the thing so much I just decided to get a better job to pay for the gas lol.
Lmao. I would do the same. I couldn't imagine not having my jeep. Especially when they use global warming as n excuse to raise oil prices. Along with wind change, sun too bright, it's Thursday (pay day) etc... Global warning is a crock.

#379 ·
You aren't beating anything in a Cruze, it's a very nice car and I almost bought one a few years ago but after extensive test driving it was just way too painfully slow. I ended up with an Audi with a 2.0T which was much faster and still returned 39mpg under the right circumstances.

This post has been deleted
#382 ·
Imped said:
I've driven plenty of diesel trucks, auto and manual. I don't get the 'fun to drive' thing.....they aren't fun. My Jeep is fun to drive, a BMW M3 is fun to drive, a ZO6 is fun to drive. A truck is not fun, it's just a truck.
My jeep is fun to drive, and its a truck. And i love driving my dads 87 chevy mason dump. The throw on that thing seems like two feet:rofl: both are very fun to drive imo

#386 ·
You live in Utah and don't like trucks. Sheesh I lived in southern utah and everyone loves trucks.

Anyways, if you find it a pain and can't do it, good don't drive one. I can park a truck without a problem, if you can't don't drive one. I don't want you hitting me.

#393 ·
BYU?

I lived in Logan UT for a summer working for Novak, AWESOME landscape, awesome weather (during the summer), weird people.

I also realized why everyone there had diesel trucks, my 1500 silverado that I had at the time was struggling trying to keep speed up some of those mountains.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.