Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Bro trucks

82K views 762 replies 132 participants last post by  Itstime 
#1 ·
What is the attraction to them? I guess I don't get it.

The "boy racer" I kind of get, with a small "fast" car that gets decent mpg.

The "rally car" guys I understand because their cars usually have turbos and are AWD so they are good in the snow, and better on gas than SUVs.

Granted, I would never buy the above vehicles but I see why people might have them.

Bro trucks:

Expensive to buy.
Expensive to own and maintain.
Most who own them never use them as a truck. :confused:

There are a growing number of them around here. They are all huge lifted diesels, usually blacked out, with straight pipe exhausts, and the need to blow smoke in everyone's face. They also rarely obey traffic laws, and like to race each other. There is a problem around here with them driving over medians as well as the front lawns and landscaping of local businesses.

I like a diesel truck as much as the next guy (drove one for work in highschool), but I wouldn't buy one unless I needed it. I don't tow or plow, diesels are expensive to buy and fix, and diesel is more expensive than 93 octane gas in my area. :laugh:

My friend just bought a 2003 Duramax. Keep in mind the only thing he puts in the bed is beer cans, and he doesn't haul anything or tow. Its lifted, beat to hell, the wiring is crap on it, the engine stalls for no apparent reason, the transmission is slipping and needs a rebuild, and it has almost 200k miles. Oh and it was a former plow truck. He took out a loan to buy it, and thinks its awesome. This is the same guy who complained the gas mileage sucked in his PAID OFF 5.2L ZJ Grand Cherokee. :confused:

Am I missing something?

See less See more
#296 ·
The white truck is actually very nice looking, I like a clean color matched vehicle. Those GMT800 Chevrolets also look great lifted on stock wheels.

#298 ·
JeepComanche89 said:
Whats up with the white ram in the background of the first pic. The rim/hubcap
Looks like factory 1 ton wheels and center caps on a 2nd gen ram

#304 ·
I have an 01 Cummins 5spd that I plan to tow my 4BT YJ with when it is done, I have a programmer, does that mean I have a "bro truck"?

My opinion,

More reliable

Cruises better on the highway than any gasser truck (no downshifting to pass)

20+ MPG

And come on, who doesnt like to go fast, being able to smoke ricers in a huge truck is fun.

Now doing a huge lift is definitely pointless, they were never meant to go offroad.

#306 ·
Nothing wrong with a 2500 or 3500 at all. It's kinda pointless to get one if you're not gonna tow with it, but there's worse things than that out there. I'd honestly rather get a dually to tow my toys and other stuff, but that's just me. Even though I don't have anything heavy enough to warrant a dually, you never know.

I agree with you on lifting one too.

#307 ·
Can I chime in? Responding to the OP:

"Rally" cars actually get worse MPG than most modern SUV's do. AWD KILLS gas mileage.

Also, "prerunner" trucks are just as bad as "bro trucks." It's the next gay fad.

#317 ·
I dig miter cut stacks, but not turnbacks, sorry :rolleyes:

I'm that guy.

This is the crap I hate. Since when did HUGE wheels with skinny wall, but wide off road tires become cool, its ugly, and serves no purpose. For some reason it is the style around the beach here..... :thumbdown:

Attachments

#319 ·
youngjeeper11 said:

I'm that guy.

This is the crap I hate. Since when did HUGE wheels with skinny wall, but wide off road tires become cool, its ugly, and serves no purpose. For some reason it is the style around the beach here..... :thumbdown:
We get it too. 35"s on a 22 inch rim.... But at least not stretched as bad as that, lol

#321 ·
youngjeeper11 said:

I'm that guy.

Damnnn thats so ugly!

What confuses me is how people actually think that looks cool. Then again, a lot of things confuse me about our society.

#322 ·
Why does it matter what they spend their money on? I bet the mass majority of people here on JF never wheel there lifted Jeep or lifted their Jeep to do things a stock Jeep could do. If you want to complain about the *******es the like to roal coal everywhere they go then ya fine.

O ya before anyone asks what I know about diesels...

#326 ·
All I can figure is that it's a status thing. A 'small' tire is going to cost a lot more than a 'large' tire of the same diameter. Probably due to the tech that goes into having to make them support the same weight with a fraction of the sidewall size.

It doesn't matter to me what people want to spend their money on, so it shouldn't matter to them when I want to make fun of it for being stupid.

#333 ·
xrunndonex said:
I was walking into work today and this ford diesel with unno to much lift I'm 6"2 and the door handle was about 1 foot from my head with gay little rims and he roll coiled me I wish there was porcelain in my pocket he wouldn't have any back windows anymore
Trying to read past your spelling...
So your going to break someone's windows because he rolled coal near you? We're you like right next to his tail pipe? Why so bent?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.