Bro trucks - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Bro trucks

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 12-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #61
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
The son of the guy who owns the tire shop I get my tires/wheels from has a big *** lift on his late model F-2(?)50. The lift cost 7 grand and the control arms look like I-beams. He also drives a Lambo that daddy bought for him, purchased as a "shop vehicle". The guy used to drive a lifted chromed out yellow TJ with a V8(I think) conversion. Neither truck nor Jeep touched dirt. Posted a pic of it in the lifted trucks thread way back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #62
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

They're rampant around here too. Granted, this IS Montucky, but still! The fact that they can't drive them doesn't help their cause either...

I am not making this up. Seriously. I pulled up at a light next to one of these idiots the other night, and he started revving the engine. When the light turned, I decided what the **** why not?? Long story short, he dropped the clutch on his start and used the next three blocks to catch up to me. In my 1994 straight 6 beat-to-hell factory geared 31" rubber-ed Jeep...

My friend was giggling for the next hour haha
Unread 12-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #63
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

Don't flame me, but I kinda dig that. I wouldn't mind having a truck like that, just maybe not lifted as much. A couple inches at most, enough so I can still tow with it. Ditch the blue coil springs and the fogs in the grille, and any stickers that may be on it, keep it real clean, and I would drive the **** out of it.

Edit: Like this

[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #64
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drix View Post
What I don't get is why people care what other people do with their vehicles.
I don't think it's the vehicles, it's the attitudes that are associated with them and the stereotypes that are only further perpetuated by the image they're going for. Sure, it's profiling, but it's often extremely accurate.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #65
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm guessing you guys haven't seen the current "hella flush" pandemic that's been running around?

I despise these cars more than I do bro trucks

Unread 12-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #66
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Don't flame me, but I kinda dig that. I wouldn't mind having a truck like that, just maybe not lifted as much. A couple inches at most, enough so I can still tow with it. Ditch the blue coil springs and the fogs in the grille, and any stickers that may be on it, keep it real clean, and I would drive the **** out of it.

Edit: Like this

I won't flame ya. I love the way the truck itself looks (color+body style). The lift is way excessive. If it sat about where the one you posted sat, I'd rock it too. But if you're going to have mud tires and coilovers on a truck it better hit some kind of trail. I'd take it through some of the trails at Uwharrie. Otherwise I'd leave it stock w A/T's. I'd even keep the fogs if I ran out in the boonies a lot at night (which I do). But pencil beams or driving beams would probably be better there.

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 12-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #67
herklord
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So like a raptor which is bad a?
Unread 12-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #68
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by herklord View Post
A raptor is basically purpose built and is boss from the factory. I have yet to see one lifted 12 inches on 40s.
Unread 12-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #69
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by herklord View Post
I like the 250 and 350's more than the Raptors.

Quote:
Unread 12-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #70
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
I like the 250 and 350's more than the Raptors.
could you give us a reason for that???
Unread 12-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #71
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBlue View Post
could you give us a reason for that???
Sorry, I like the way they look more than the raptors. Never been a fan of the F-150, in any year. Always liked 250 and 350 body styles.

Quote:
Unread 12-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #72
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

How about this one?
glacier-picture-f-350-46-inch.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4OffRoads.com
This huge 4x4 Ford F-350 with 46 inch Mickey Thompson Baja Claw tires, makes our big trucks seem small in comparison. The Powerstroke engine has been enhanced to 480 horsepower. It's got Dana 60 front and Dana 80 rear with ARB air-lockers. The list of modifications is impressive.

Quote:
Unread 12-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #73
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

At least that's purpose-built for its environment (Iceland.) Reminds me of the Toyota HiLux that Top Gear used to drive to the North Pole and up an active volcano.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #74
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
I'm guessing you guys haven't seen the current "hella flush" pandemic that's been running around?

I despise these cars more than I do bro trucks
How about this? A white guy was driving this, Note the licence plate. I think i would rather drive the ricer you posted.

I would flip the picture but i dont know how on this phone.

forumrunner_20121201_211946.jpg
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #75
Hurley91

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
A raptor is basically purpose built and is boss from the factory. I have yet to see one lifted 12 inches on 40s.
Now you have...

I don't really understand why someone would pay all that money for a Raptor.... just to undo all the work SVT did.
Hurley91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.