Bro trucks - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Bro trucks

Halloween Savings to die for!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 12-01-2012, 06:18 AM   #46
yjtyler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
Show him a picture of a Cummins ISX15 and tell him that's what a real diesel is.
I would take an N-14 over the isx. I work on both daily and even completely overhaul at last one of each a month.

Unread 12-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #47
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Oh sweet N-14.

Now that's a piston.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #48
GPV
2008 JK Wrangler 

I find them amusing. I own a diesel pickup truck and have gotten nasty looks and even snide comments at gas stations once. I informed the lady my engine was twice as thermally efficient as the engine in her Prius. She scoffed and left I of course was still pouring fuel oil into the truck....................

I am looking at putting a set of aftermarket rims on the truck, but a lot of the aftermarket rims don't have a weight rating on them. They are 8-lug rims but they do not have a weight limit on them. What's the point of that?

End of the day, I can pull that.

2008 Jeep JK Rubicon Unlimited (Bought for Wife)
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax (Work Horse)
1982 Honda CB 900F Supersport
2001 Honda RC51
GPV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #49
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

What I don't get is why people care what other people do with their vehicles.
95' YJ 4" lift 33"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
USMC Jeep Club #6
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
Drix is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #50
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmonaco View Post
You pretty much wrote exactly what I was going to lol

I'm from CA too, now I'm in clarksville TN and I'm seeing bro trucks here. Not country trucks, bro trucks... With lights glued into the wheel hubs and huge chrome rims with low profile toyos... I think you're right about the trends though. They'll pass. That's another thing that makes jeeps cool. They will always be in demand. They've never been "in" or "out". The bro dozers will soon ingulf the entire country and then in a few years, they will be gone lol then, and only then, the tranquility will be restored, you'll be able to drive without being blinded by gay green or purple illegal headlights, you'll be able to rest at night, without worrying about some drunk *** bro driving his spotlessly clean mud virgin of a Chevy through your yard and takin out your neighbors house and street light (happened to me lol)
Fcuk those guys and their gay trucks.
Right? You don't even see that many ricers anymore. At least on the west coast. To me, a Honda Civic with a turbo, built engine, clean paintjob, built suspension, and other various purpose built mods that see the track on the weekends is not a ricer. More of what they call "tuner". The Integra rolling down the street with Motegi wheels, bondo and primer paintjob, taped on fiberglass wing, and fogged headlights is a ricer. But both are dieing out. Much like bro dozers will in a few years.

Not to get all patriotic, but none of those vehicles will have what Jeeps have, the Jeep is an American icon. Hondas and bro dozers didn't help us win wars, get blown up in combat zones, and carry dead and wounded troops to safety. With a history like that, a vehicle that was born to go to war, will always be in demand. That and the only other vehicle you'll ever drive that has the same kind of brotherhood, is a vehicle with only two wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjtyler View Post
I would take an N-14 over the isx. I work on both daily and even completely overhaul at last one of each a month.
That's why I'm not a diesel mechanic! I drive it into the ground (takes a lot of effort), and then somebody gets to enjoy the fruits of my labor! The mechanics contracted by my company hate the ISX, they're DD fanboys. I'm also a Detroit Diesel fanboy too though, mainly because they give me a good laugh when a Freightliner driver tries to drag race me up a hill. "Where did he go? I don't know! It is a mystery."

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #51
Hurley91

They don't bother me at all. A lifted truck that never will see mud, is the same as someone building an Evo that will never go to an auto cross or drag strip.

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.
Unread 12-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #52
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper

Right? You don't even see that many ricers anymore. At least on the west coast. To me, a Honda Civic with a turbo, built engine, clean paintjob, built suspension, and other various purpose built mods that see the track on the weekends is not a ricer. More of what they call "tuner". The Integra rolling down the street with Motegi wheels, bondo and primer paintjob, taped on fiberglass wing, and fogged headlights is a ricer. But both are dieing out. Much like bro dozers will in a few years.

Not to get all patriotic, but none of those vehicles will have what Jeeps have, the Jeep is an American icon. Hondas and bro dozers didn't help us win wars, get blown up in combat zones, and carry dead and wounded troops to safety. With a history like that, a vehicle that was born to go to war, will always be in demand. That and the only other vehicle you'll ever drive that has the same kind of brotherhood, is a vehicle with only two wheels.

True that! Still seeing a lot of ricers around here. But holy crap if I could count the jeeps I see daily... Around ft Campbell and clarksville I've gotta leave my arm out the window so I don't miss a wave.
[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #53
4wheelrampage

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmonaco View Post

True that! Still seeing a lot of ricers around here. But holy crap if I could count the jeeps I see daily... Around ft Campbell and clarksville I've gotta leave my arm out the window so I don't miss a wave.
Aint that the truth! The newer model jeeps have to be one of the most common vehicles on the road. Sure camrys or civics may be more common, but they blend in to the traffic whereas a jeep stands out

Edit: most common in my neck of the woods, okay more like the burbs, but still.
And what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.
Therefore, tasting a drop of antifreeze actually makes you stronger :)
Mac users : control+option+command+8
4wheelrampage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #54
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drix View Post
What I don't get is why people care what other people do with their vehicles.
^This. All you members of the jury throwing out judgements are doing the exact same thing the hummer and yota owners say about jeepers. I see more built jeeps with a spotless undercarriage than I do ones that are purpose built and used as such. So who's stupider, the guy with a $70,000 truck that doesn't serve a purpose? Or the guy that keeps throwing $$$ at a pos jeep and doesn't leave the pavement?....sounds like a draw to me. So we're no better than the bro-trucks....or the ricers.....or the guy with a harley in his garage that never rides it. It's a hobby, an interest, a personal preference and often a persons interests are dictated by what they can afford. Just so happens they chose a 10,000 lb truck that costs as much as 10 of my Jeeps to modify, good for them. Is that what it was made for? No. But semi rig's weren't made for track racing and a harley wasn't made to go 200mph. Yet people build them for that purpose.

So how bout everyone just relax and let them worry about their choice and we'll focus on throwing money down the crapper with our jeeps, m'kay? .
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #55
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

If I recall... we were asked what our opinion is on the subject.

Still not enough power.
Unread 12-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #56
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yup...
image-435308245.jpg   image-1420572934.jpg   image-782078794.jpg  
[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #57
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I have found that Kottonmouth Kings are annoying to hear, and their fans annoying to be around. They talk about weed like that foreskin crusader on here from a while back would talk about foreskin.

Still not enough power.
Unread 12-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #58
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
I have found that Kottonmouth Kings are annoying to hear, and their fans annoying to be around. They talk about weed like that foreskin crusader on here from a while back would talk about foreskin.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #59
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Perfect example. BTW, that's my comment that got 31 likes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_aMtQhJNpY&feature=plcp
I've taken my little 250ninja through more intense off road situations than that.
chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #60
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

But, lyke Metal Mulisha and Monstar ar de koolest
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.