Bro trucks - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Bro trucks

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 11-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #31
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino View Post
So how many of you liars are going to claim they wouldn't trade their POS $3500 1995 jeep for that $80K turbo diesel on a 12" lift on 40's? Lmao.

No way man! I'd never sell out!

must own a bro truck? let me guess, its your tow rig for that heavy *** jeep.

Unread 11-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #32
funkduck
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcorvino View Post
So how many of you liars are going to claim they wouldn't trade their POS $3500 1995 jeep for that $80K turbo diesel on a 12" lift on 40's? Lmao.

No way man! I'd never sell out!
Oh, I'd trade my $8k 2002 Jeep if you're offering, then sell it and buy another $8k Jeep plus a $5k econo car and pay off the rest of my house, and assume that whoever built the $80K turbo diesel on a 12" lift and 40's, as well as whoever bought it from me, is an insecure airhead who doesn't realize his appearance of excess creates a negative perception in the eyes of everyone else who sees him. Not resentful envy, I mean "that guy's compensating for a shortcoming" or "that guy smells a bit like vinegar and is pH balanced to provide temporary relief of minor vaginal itching and irritation"

It's no different from these guys. I don't hate them, I don't even mind them really, I just kinda assume they don't have much else going on in their lives if they're that worried about looking all flamboyant. You've got $80k to spend and that's the best you can come up with? I could start a business on $80k or go back to school or buy a shop full of sweet tools to build anything my imagination desires. The day I can't come up with anything better to spend money on than a cookie cutter showoff-mobile is the day I kill myself.
Unread 11-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #33
MI_JEEPER
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I live around a lot of them and a lot of my friends also have them. Either a family has a big lifted truck or the have a Jeep. Personally I think they look good and have thought about buying one. Most of them actually DO tow and pull things and use it offroad. They are very expensive to maintain but if you have the money why can't you have what you want?
Unread 11-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #34
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

I hate when they have the chromed out hitch thats like 2 feet tall. I bet they never use it. Also, they normally have those "Monster" rims on.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #35
asim04LJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky2252s View Post
Also, they normally have those "Monster" rims on.
And Rockstar rims, especially here in Texas.
asim04LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #36
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Lots of Bros in my area. Big skyjacker or fabtech lifts, big Nittos or Toyos on rockstars or some other bro wheel, hitch sticking 2 feet down, those electric power steps,blacked out everything, monster energy, Tapout, metal mulisha, or Glamis stickers. They typically do 85 mph down the highway in traffic going all over the road. They are WAY too cool to use their turn signals.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #37
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_JEEPER
Most of them actually DO tow and pull things and use it offroad.
The only thing I see them towing around here is an ego. I have seen a total of one offroad. He was sitting on the side of the highway, hazards on and a flat tire. Flat brimmed, sideways hat and all

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #38
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
The only thing I see them towing around here is an ego. I have seen a total of one offroad. He was sitting on the side of the highway, hazards on and a flat tire. Flat brimmed, sideways hat and all
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #39
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper
It's just a trend that will die out in due time. Remember how there were almost no ricers before Fast amd the Furious came out?

The bro dozer trend more than likely comes from California since it's bro dozer capital back home, and naturally it's spreading. That's my theory on where it came from, I'm probably wrong.

But I stand by my statement that it's a trend. I'm already seeing less of them on the road in California. Prerunner trucks are the new thing in California, you'll probably start seeing more of those in a few years.
You pretty much wrote exactly what I was going to lol

I'm from CA too, now I'm in clarksville TN and I'm seeing bro trucks here. Not country trucks, bro trucks... With lights glued into the wheel hubs and huge chrome rims with low profile toyos... I think you're right about the trends though. They'll pass. That's another thing that makes jeeps cool. They will always be in demand. They've never been "in" or "out". The bro dozers will soon ingulf the entire country and then in a few years, they will be gone lol then, and only then, the tranquility will be restored, you'll be able to drive without being blinded by gay green or purple illegal headlights, you'll be able to rest at night, without worrying about some drunk *** bro driving his spotlessly clean mud virgin of a Chevy through your yard and takin out your neighbors house and street light (happened to me lol)
Fcuk those guys and their gay trucks.
[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #40
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Perfect example. BTW, that's my comment that got 31 likes.

[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #41
the88thpianoman
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkduck View Post
Oh, I'd trade my $8k 2002 Jeep if you're offering, then sell it and buy another $8k Jeep plus a $5k econo car and pay off the rest of my house, and assume that whoever built the $80K turbo diesel on a 12" lift and 40's, as well as whoever bought it from me, is an insecure airhead who doesn't realize his appearance of excess creates a negative perception in the eyes of everyone else who sees him. Not resentful envy, I mean "that guy's compensating for a shortcoming" or "that guy smells a bit like vinegar and is pH balanced to provide temporary relief of minor vaginal itching and irritation"

It's no different from these guys. I don't hate them, I don't even mind them really, I just kinda assume they don't have much else going on in their lives if they're that worried about looking all flamboyant. You've got $80k to spend and that's the best you can come up with? I could start a business on $80k or go back to school or buy a shop full of sweet tools to build anything my imagination desires. The day I can't come up with anything better to spend money on than a cookie cutter showoff-mobile is the day I kill myself.
You know, sometimes I'm on the fence about whether or not I agree with your posts, but that one...

You're on my list of people to buy a beer
2003 WJ in Jeep Green Metallic, 4.0/242/4.10's. 4" Teraflex springs w/ RE monotube shocks and IRO short arms, cheap intake w/ amsoil filter, 2.5" hi flow cat and back exhaust, lots of lights and other misc crap.

Check out my build thread here: Life lessons and budget build
the88thpianoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 12:27 AM   #42
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I've only heard the term "bro-truck" just now. I'm old.
Round here we call 'em "****** canoes".

Edit: Seriously? I can't say ******?

Ok, it's the French for shower, look it up
Unread 12-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #43
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The son of the guy who owns the tire shop I get my tires/wheels from has a big *** lift on his late model F-2(?)50. The lift cost 7 grand and the control arms look like I-beams. He also drives a Lambo that daddy bought for him, purchased as a "shop vehicle". The guy used to drive a lifted chromed out yellow TJ with a V8(I think) conversion. Neither truck nor Jeep touched dirt. Posted a pic of it in the lifted trucks thread way back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 05:08 AM   #44
Bigshankhank
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoseki View Post
Round here we call 'em "****** canoes".

Edit: Seriously? I can't say ******?

Ok, it's the French for shower, look it up
Feminine-Cleansing Product Canoes is also a term for Harley's, so be careful not to spread any confusion.
Bigshankhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 06:08 AM   #45
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Let us men all stand up and salute those who are forced to live life with an unfortunately small penis, and to all the unfortunate women who will never know what it's like to have a real man deep down within

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.