Brake line fix using compression fittings. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Brake line fix using compression fittings.

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 10-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #16
NYTrailrider
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom88xj View Post
But there will always be members looking for an answer to this issue. That's what archiving is all about.
As I am, right now. I popped a small hole in the send line back near the gas tank. It looks like the line had been rubbing on the tank edge, combined with rust, that presents a hole. But there is a nice clean section that I could cut into, and replace about 3 feet, ending in the proportioning valve. I would cut and flare the lines, and use one fitting to connect and then the male end into the proportioning valve. I believe it will hold until I can get them replaced. I do baby my MJ.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.