Bow season is right around the corner! - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Bow season is right around the corner!

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Reply
Unread 10-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #121
DEERSLAYER94YJ
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
Posts: 385
Well guys it's getting close here in up state NY. Sat opens bow season and Im totally amped!! My leave was approved so now I'm sharpening knives and getting all my last min. stuff taken care of. Looked around today for a bit and saw some early rubs and scrapes, good sign for where I'll be spending opening day. Good luck to all of us and post up any pics!!! GO GET EM!!!

__________________
Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 09:55 PM   #122
Timothy_90
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Louisville Kentucky
Posts: 443
I'm ready to trick one into running into a bullet. I'm making Bambi chili right now, I'll put it into a soup thermos and eat it in my stand on saturday .

God I NEED to get out in the woods, being stuck in the city for school is KILLING me, I need quiet and trees, and that warm fuzzy feeling you get inside when the sun peeks over the treetops on a cold morning and starts to burn off that fine layer of mist in the air. I need that little adrenaline rush you get when you hear the leaves move and even though you KNOW it's a squirrel, you look anyway.

It's deer season dammit.
__________________
"Build a man a fire and you can keep him warm for a day, set a man on fire and you can keep him warm for the rest of his life."
Timothy_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #123
DEERSLAYER94YJ
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy_90 View Post
I'm ready to trick one into running into a bullet. I'm making Bambi chili right now, I'll put it into a soup thermos and eat it in my stand on saturday .

God I NEED to get out in the woods, being stuck in the city for school is KILLING me, I need quiet and trees, and that warm fuzzy feeling you get inside when the sun peeks over the treetops on a cold morning and starts to burn off that fine layer of mist in the air. I need that little adrenaline rush you get when you hear the leaves move and even though you KNOW it's a squirrel, you look anyway.

It's deer season dammit.
Good call, get out of the city and HUNT! GO GET EM!!
__________________
Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 09:23 PM   #124
DEERSLAYER94YJ
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
Posts: 385
Alright guys/gals, im turning in. Ill be in my stand in less then 8 hours for opening day!!! For those of you who's seasons already started keep posting up, and for those of us who's season starts tomorrow let's GET EM!! Good luck!! (I know I'll need it, the forecast is calling for 20-30 mph winds!!)
__________________
Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #125
DutchNaumo
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 128
Well i guess I'm gonna head out tomorrow even though the high is 80. So sick of this hot weather every weekend.
DutchNaumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 08:10 AM   #126
sadass
5.9,242,4.56,Aussies x 2
 
sadass's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hopeless Juction, NY
Posts: 2,442
How you fellas doing so far? 3.5 days into NY Bow season and no post yet. I only bow hunted for deer the last 3 hours of Saturday to no Avail... going to hit it hard Wed,Thur,Fri,
I passed up bow hunting Saturday to take my son On his first gun Hunt. What a great day it was, One of my most memorable hunts to date. I am proud and happy to have witnessed my sons first kill. I did not do so bad myself. Last night was also rewarding because I made Pheasant Parmesan with our take. and It was the best Parmesan I have ever tasted, I kid you not. It was so good I am going to eat it today for lunch.

Good luck and post up pics!





__________________
Military Jeepers.Com.
Jeep Forum member since 2/2002
5Nine=No replacement for Displacement
sadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #127
Poke
runtime error = 0
 
Poke's Avatar
2015 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,083
Nothing in upstate NY yet from my end. Anyone?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana
don't post threads that poke Poke!
Poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #128
DEERSLAYER94YJ
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
Nothing in upstate NY yet from my end. Anyone?
Took a 5 pointer this evening with the bow, my buddy is gonna post up pics tomorrow. GO GET EM guys!!
__________________
Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #129
DEERSLAYER94YJ
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadass View Post
How you fellas doing so far? 3.5 days into NY Bow season and no post yet. I only bow hunted for deer the last 3 hours of Saturday to no Avail... going to hit it hard Wed,Thur,Fri,
I passed up bow hunting Saturday to take my son On his first gun Hunt. What a great day it was, One of my most memorable hunts to date. I am proud and happy to have witnessed my sons first kill. I did not do so bad myself. Last night was also rewarding because I made Pheasant Parmesan with our take. and It was the best Parmesan I have ever tasted, I kid you not. It was so good I am going to eat it today for lunch.

Good luck and post up pics!





Nice going guys!! Gooood eating...
__________________
Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #130
sadass
5.9,242,4.56,Aussies x 2
 
sadass's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hopeless Juction, NY
Posts: 2,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEERSLAYER94YJ View Post
Took a 5 pointer this evening with the bow, my buddy is gonna post up pics tomorrow. GO GET EM guys!!
here ya go brother! nice job



__________________
Military Jeepers.Com.
Jeep Forum member since 2/2002
5Nine=No replacement for Displacement
sadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 09:33 PM   #131
DEERSLAYER94YJ
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadass View Post
here ya go brother! nice job



Cool, thanks Mike, you da man!!
__________________
Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 08:18 AM   #132
Poke
runtime error = 0
 
Poke's Avatar
2015 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEERSLAYER94YJ View Post
Took a 5 pointer this evening with the bow, my buddy is gonna post up pics tomorrow. GO GET EM guys!!
Nice! Very cool.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana
don't post threads that poke Poke!
Poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 10:41 PM   #133
DEERSLAYER94YJ
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
Nice! Very cool.
Thanks, always a good feeling to harvest one with the bow. GO GET EM!
__________________
Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #134
NoVaHunter
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: , Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,315
That 5 pointer looks like he was eating good
__________________
[QUOTE=KHoff90;11392897]Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?[/QUOTE]
NoVaHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #135
DEERSLAYER94YJ
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaHunter View Post
That 5 pointer looks like he was eating good
He was feeding on a good acorn crop this year, @ a year and a half he weighed in near 125 pounds, so not to bad.
__________________
Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.