Bow season is right around the corner! - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Bow season is right around the corner!

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 10-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #61
rzr1906
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well I saw 4 this evening 2 does, a spike, and a 5 point. We can kill a spike and one with a 13in spread or bigger. So I was hoping to get a shot at the spike but he put his nose down and started chasing a doe. Looks like the rut is going to start early here.

rzr1906 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2009, 10:00 PM   #62
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

^ it's crazy to think that during your rut you can hunt in a t-shirt, where here the rut starts in early Nov. usually where the temp. is more like 25f in the morning and maybe 40 or 45 in the afternoon on a warm day lol.
Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #63
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well in Texas, a 5 pointer has like a 25" spread.......or is that just on tv
Unread 10-24-2009, 10:10 PM   #64
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaHunter View Post
Well in Texas, a 5 pointer has like a 25" spread.......or is that just on tv
yeah i love those shows on tv where all you see are massive mature bucks, i'd love to stick any of those guys where I hunt and see how well they do without all the feeders!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-24-2009, 10:14 PM   #65
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

agreed. Do you know how frustrating it would be to have that buck of a lifetime walk out, perfect range, looks like the best shot youve ever had, but the ****ing camera man doesnt have a good shot of the deer so you cant harvest your trophy. I know that I personally would be pissed beyond belief.
Unread 10-24-2009, 10:27 PM   #66
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaHunter View Post
agreed. Do you know how frustrating it would be to have that buck of a lifetime walk out, perfect range, looks like the best shot youve ever had, but the ****ing camera man doesnt have a good shot of the deer so you cant harvest your trophy. I know that I personally would be pissed beyond belief.
Smoke and mirrors in my opinion!! lol. Good sponsor's and lots of money, I guess thats what it takes if you don't wanna put the time in. However I am guilty of watching em during the winter months when I'm bummed about not being in the woods.
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-24-2009, 11:13 PM   #67
rzr1906
2006 TJ Wrangler 

We have actually been having alot cooler weather here. Usually during bow season it is in the 80-90s, whereas now we have been having 40-75 degree temperatures. Naw not in the part of Texas im in which is the north east. You have to head west for those big boys you see on tv. We do have some good deer around here in the 15-20in spread range. But our deer's weight is no where near what yall have up north. I agree and most of those deer on tv live in a fence of some sort where they are basically bred. If the fence is big enough it can be a fair hunt. But I still have problem with it.
Unread 10-25-2009, 02:37 AM   #68
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr1906 View Post
We have actually been having alot cooler weather here. Usually during bow season it is in the 80-90s, whereas now we have been having 40-75 degree temperatures. Naw not in the part of Texas im in which is the north east. You have to head west for those big boys you see on tv. We do have some good deer around here in the 15-20in spread range. But our deer's weight is no where near what yall have up north. I agree and most of those deer on tv live in a fence of some sort where they are basically bred. If the fence is big enough it can be a fair hunt. But I still have problem with it.
Fair chase and Fence contradict eachother, I don't know how people feel good about killing a monster thats caged up.
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-25-2009, 10:36 PM   #69
rzr1906
2006 TJ Wrangler 

If its 20,000+ acres of high fence that is pretty fair, but its not for me.
Unread 10-25-2009, 11:48 PM   #70
sadass
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

My favorite saying is,,,,
Deer, Do you want them in your grill , or on your Grill!

And This is what I look like when I am happy.

Cant wait to get back out this week for deer #2,
good Luck again fellas
sadass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2009, 03:16 AM   #71
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadass View Post
My favorite saying is,,,,
Deer, Do you want them in your grill , or on your Grill!

And This is what I look like when I am happy.

Cant wait to get back out this week for deer #2,
good Luck again fellas
On leave again this week Mike, tomorrow afternoon starts week 2 for me. Still trying to bag my first buck of the year. Not all of us are as lucky as you on the first day!!! Hit me up I'll be around
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-26-2009, 04:30 AM   #72
njbowhntr
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tWiZt3D View Post
Awesome traditional kill.
Here is my beast

Nice looking piece of wood you have there. I switched over to the longbow about 5 years ago. I can not even imagine going back to compounds. I am having too much fun with the stick and string.
Unread 10-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #73
Kiser10
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Shot a 10 point last night, It got dark & i couldn't find out. When back out this morning but i still can't find it. I'm pretty pissed.
Unread 10-26-2009, 11:25 PM   #74
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiser10 View Post
Shot a 10 point last night, It got dark & i couldn't find out. When back out this morning but i still can't find it. I'm pretty pissed.
Could you tell where you hit him? Did ya have good blood?
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-26-2009, 11:39 PM   #75
Jeeper4ever
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiser10 View Post
10 Point? We must count different out here in the west. We say 4x3 or 5x4, ect...

And just for fun this is my little mule that I bagged on opening morning out here. Oct 10th.

Still had some velvet on one of the tines so I did my first European mount, pain in the *** to do but turned out pretty nice.

No luck with the Bull Elk hunt yet but still got till the 7th and we are finally getting some snow so fingers are crossed.
Silverstar Headlights, Hella 500 Driving Lights
Jeeper4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.