Bow season is right around the corner! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Bow season is right around the corner!

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-22-2009, 08:27 AM   #46
rzr1906
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Katera, I hear ya man I shot a Fred Bear for awhile and liked it alot till i shot this one. Then I had to have it.

rzr1906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 11:52 PM   #47
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well I saw a spike this morning so finally some horns!! Weather up here has been really warm for this time of year so I think it's pushing the beginning stages of the rut behind. Tomorrow is another day and what a great way to spend the day IN THE WOODS!!
Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 06:37 AM   #48
Chadrick454
1977 CJ5 

Its supposed to cool off down here this weekend, so hopefuly there will be more deer moving than last weekend. Got a damn wedding at 2 on Saturday, but Sunday I'm going, and if no deer, then a turkey.
Chadrick454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 05:55 PM   #49
DutchNaumo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr1906 View Post
Nice buck Dutch and with a good bow.

Thank you sir, here she is. Are those spitfires I see on your GoltTips? How do you like those? I'm using rage this year and they fly great and really put a hurting on my deer, but the orings are annoying and my the blades are pretty much useless after shooting just one deer because they get so bent up. I'm sold on expandables though because I can never get fixed blades to shoot straight.
DutchNaumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 07:43 PM   #50
mageedog
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbowhntr View Post
In NJ we just this year got to start hunting archery on sundays. It has worked out well for me. The only day I could get out so far this season was this past sunday. I got a nice 5x4 with an inside spread of 15 1/2". He is about 160lbs.

Awesome traditional kill.
Here is my beast

mageedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #51
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadrick454 View Post
Its supposed to cool off down here this weekend, so hopefuly there will be more deer moving than last weekend. Got a damn wedding at 2 on Saturday, but Sunday I'm going, and if no deer, then a turkey.
today was an ideal day for movement, however i only saw a bunch of does. Good sign for the rut though.
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #52
DutchNaumo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEERSLAYER94YJ View Post
today was an ideal day for movement, however i only saw a bunch of does. Good sign for the rut though.
you shoulda filled the freezer
DutchNaumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #53
skiahh
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEERSLAYER94YJ View Post
That's still great!! I would like to go on an Elk hunt with the Bow sometime down the road, but the real deal with a pack horse and all my own gear.
My brother-in-law took a huge bull elk with a bow and arrow. Netted about 300 or so pounds of meat from it. He also got an antelope. Not sure if he's gone for deer yet this year.

skiahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 10:59 PM   #54
rzr1906
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ya those are Spitfires, I have only killed 2 does so far with my bow. Mainly becuase I dont get the time and or have the places to go anymore. But anyways I still carry those used broadheads with me and would not be scared to use them. They are tough, just clean them off and there ready to go. I also love the fact that I dont have to worry about those o-rings. I did upgrade to the Spitfire XP's last year but have not gotten a chance to use them yet. Maybe I will get lucky tomorrow. Ya the mechanical broadheads are great and I cant find a reason to leave the Spitfire's, give em a try I dont think you will regret it.
Unread 10-23-2009, 11:01 PM   #55
rzr1906
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thats a nice Elk man, that is one of my goals in life is to travel somewhere ( probably Colorado) and take a nice mature bull with my bow.
Unread 10-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #56
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchNaumo View Post
you shoulda filled the freezer
With the way things are going for me you might be right!! lol. It's still early yet, usually around here the first week on Nov. kick's off the rut, then it really gets good for horns!! I'll take a doe at the end of the season with the muzzleloader.
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #57
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
My brother-in-law took a huge bull elk with a bow and arrow. Netted about 300 or so pounds of meat from it. He also got an antelope. Not sure if he's gone for deer yet this year.

Thats what I'm talking about!!!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #58
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i was in hatteras, NC on vacation over the week our house was about 100 yards from the water, and i wake up one morning just after 6, im sitting on the front porch with a cup of coffee, and i catch a flash of white in the brush across the street, (honestly as dumb as this sounds i didnt know there were deer on the island) and i see 2 does run out, and then a few seconds later here he comes, bullwinkle him self, I grabbed the binoculars and counted 13 points. I was amazed, and at the same time wished i had my .300 weatherby LOL. Sorry i know this isnt bow related but i got so excited
Unread 10-24-2009, 08:16 PM   #59
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaHunter View Post
i was in hatteras, NC on vacation over the week our house was about 100 yards from the water, and i wake up one morning just after 6, im sitting on the front porch with a cup of coffee, and i catch a flash of white in the brush across the street, (honestly as dumb as this sounds i didnt know there were deer on the island) and i see 2 does run out, and then a few seconds later here he comes, bullwinkle him self, I grabbed the binoculars and counted 13 points. I was amazed, and at the same time wished i had my .300 weatherby LOL. Sorry i know this isnt bow related but i got so excited
13 pointer!! Anyone should be so lucky just to see a buck of that size!! Nice story, to bad he's not on the wall though lol
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-24-2009, 08:24 PM   #60
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

the ironic thing was, down the street in the town of Frisco, NC there was a "Rod and Gun" store....cant hunt on the island as far as i know but i wasnt surprised at this deers size, i mean they were probably [I]the[I] predator on the island so they had no enemies

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.