Bow season is right around the corner! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Bow season is right around the corner!

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 10-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #31
THISISWEIRD

Nice looking deer. Personally, I think any deer taken with a bow is a trophy. I have a big 9-pointer, with a 21 inch spread on my wall that I shot with a rifle. I'm more excited to take a nice doe with my bow. The setup and shot just takes so much more skill/luck/etc.

THISISWEIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #32
DutchNaumo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THISISWEIRD View Post
Nice looking deer. Personally, I think any deer taken with a bow is a trophy. I have a big 9-pointer, with a 21 inch spread on my wall that I shot with a rifle. I'm more excited to take a nice doe with my bow. The setup and shot just takes so much more skill/luck/etc.
Agreed. Killing a deer at 100 yds or more just isn't nearly as exciting as getting a deer with in bow range. It takes a lot more scouting and skill to kill a deer with a bow rather than shooting a deer that is a mile away and has no chance of seeing or smelling you.
DutchNaumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #33
sadass
5.9,242,4.56,Aussies x 2

1998 ZJ 

I shot my 5 point Buck Saturday at 720 am opening day Bow season NY. I just kept thinking how long I normally sit on stand through out the season and I remember the motto of, never pass up a shot on opening day that you would take on the last day. So I will have to wait till gun season for that trophy. In closing, What I do know for sure Is I love venison ! and I cant eat antlers. Yes, I am eating venison already,

Good Luck boys!
sadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #34
mageedog
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Archery has been in here in Indiana since Oct. 1st but just havent had time to get out yet.Hope to soon though.
mageedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #35
Timothy_90
1998 ZJ 

I have always heard the adage "when you hunt with a rifle you try to see how far away you can get and still hit the deer, when you hunt with a bow you are trying to get so close you can't miss". I have only been out about 4 times with my bow and I have yet to take a deer in that fashion, but I'm hoping late archery goes well for me since I probably won't be able to get out for early season because of school/work/friends etc.
Timothy_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2009, 08:20 PM   #36
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Saw nothing yesterday however Im on leave this week so gonna hunt hard and see what happens!! Great job guys!!!! GO GET EM!
Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #37
sadass
5.9,242,4.56,Aussies x 2

1998 ZJ 

Good Luck Nick, Let us know how you do Bro! I know its hard since you work the over night shift, but get to sleep/// We will hold down the Fort
Unread 10-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #38
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

^ once again saw nothing all day today, ill be back at it again in the morning though!!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-20-2009, 06:17 AM   #39
Chadrick454
1977 CJ5 

Dutch,

Thats an awsome bow kill man!

This is only my second season of hunting anything in my life, and for shooting a bow. Last year I didn't even get to shoot at a deer. This season I got a very tasty 5 pointer on my second weekend. Going back this friday for a doe and hopefuly a turkey. I love me some deep fried turkey.
Chadrick454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 09:20 PM   #40
sadass
5.9,242,4.56,Aussies x 2

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEERSLAYER94YJ View Post
^ once again saw nothing all day today, ill be back at it again in the morning though!!
Your brother And I saw deer all day. we ate it too! Beer and Fresh cut Venison for breakfast . Life is good!

Good luck gentlemen, there reward is Sweet!
Unread 10-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #41
DutchNaumo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadrick454 View Post
Dutch,

Thats an awsome bow kill man!

This is only my second season of hunting anything in my life, and for shooting a bow. Last year I didn't even get to shoot at a deer. This season I got a very tasty 5 pointer on my second weekend. Going back this friday for a doe and hopefuly a turkey. I love me some deep fried turkey.
Thanks, this is only my 4th year hunting and 2nd with a bow. I always wanted to get into hunting but never really had anywhere to go until my uncle bought some land. I killed a decent 8 pointer 2 years ago but last year we didnt take anything all season where we hunt. I got some backstraps marinating right now that im gonna grill tomorrow
DutchNaumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2009, 07:28 AM   #42
Chadrick454
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchNaumo View Post
Thanks, this is only my 4th year hunting and 2nd with a bow. I always wanted to get into hunting but never really had anywhere to go until my uncle bought some land. I killed a decent 8 pointer 2 years ago but last year we didnt take anything all season where we hunt. I got some backstraps marinating right now that im gonna grill tomorrow
Last year was worse than previous years around here, not sure why either. I've already started eating on my backstraps.

What kind of marinade do you use? Do you do much cooking with venicen? I'm trying to come up with something different than just grilling. Wife and I are going to try Shake n' Bake this weekend.
Unread 10-21-2009, 07:03 PM   #43
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

still havent seen any horns!! I could have smoked a few doe's yesterday but im holding off. Saw nothing all day today but then again it was warm, maybe tomorrow morning will be better. Go get em guy's!!! Oh speaking of backstraps try getting them smoked or do it yourself, they come out great!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-21-2009, 10:01 PM   #44
rzr1906
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nice buck Dutch and with a good bow.
rzr1906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 06:03 AM   #45
Chadrick454
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr1906 View Post
Nice buck Dutch and with a good bow.
That a Katera I assume, or a Vectrix? Anybody shot the new AlphaMax yet? Knowing Hoyt I bet its pretty bad a$$. One of these years I'm going to buy a brand new Hoyt, but my ProTech will have to do for now

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.