Bow season is right around the corner! - Page 24 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Bow season is right around the corner!

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 11-26-2013, 07:55 AM   #346
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cojab View Post
Great season going on here so far. First a good antelope that I posted earlier and today I filled my deer tag.
Great job!

Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #347
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedderX_ View Post
Always been jealous of this thread.

I'd be jealous of a muzzleloader thread too if we had one.
To me it's about the sportsmanship, hunting with a bow, and then M.L. says a lot. Don't get me wrong, I do still hunt with my 870 when we put drives on, and .30-06 in rifle country however, hunting the hard way has always been rewarding, even on days/evenings when all I see are squirles. Go Get Em guys/gals!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 11-26-2013, 08:02 AM   #348
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cojab View Post
I agree, get onboard. I've been hunting for years but didn't do great until I started taking it seriously. Then I switched to a bow, started working part time in a bow shop (that's how I pay for my jeep upgrades and hunting) and have been loving the results ever since. I did do muzzle loading last year for elk. Here's the results from that hunt. I've taken some good horn the last few years but to be honest I really do it more because I love the hunt and for the meat. I cant remember the last time I bought burger or steaks from the store to feed my family.
The hard way, nothing like humping out meat! Good deal sir!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 11-27-2013, 07:20 AM   #349
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well folks, happy Thanksgiving! We as Americans have so much to be thankful/greatful for. Obviously were all thankful for Mathews, PSE, Hoyt, whoever makes your bow, Thompson Center, Remington, Goodyear MTR's, Ford 8.8's, etc... I challenge anyone reading this post to really think deep just for a min. about who/what your really thankful/greatful for. This year, I'm thankful for another Thanksgiving home as opposed to deployed, my beautiful wife, and most of all our Lord and savior Jesus Christ for dying for us all and giving us all that we have. Anyone heading out in the morning stay safe and kill a big one! Go Get Em!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 11-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #350
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEERSLAYER94YJ
Well folks, happy Thanksgiving! We as Americans have so much to be thankful/greatful for. Obviously were all thankful for Mathews, PSE, Hoyt, whoever makes your bow, Thompson Center, Remington, Goodyear MTR's, Ford 8.8's, etc... I challenge anyone reading this post to really think deep just for a min. about who/what your really thankful/greatful for. This year, I'm thankful for another Thanksgiving home as opposed to deployed, my beautiful wife, and most of all our Lord and savior Jesus Christ for dying for us all and giving us all that we have. Anyone heading out in the morning stay safe and kill a big one! Go Get Em!
Amen!! Lol but isn't thanks giving tommorow?
Unread 11-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #351
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee View Post
Amen!! Lol but isn't thanks giving tommorow?
Sure it is lol I'll be in the woods, then at supper all evening, no time for the comp.
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 11-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #352
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sure it is lol I'll be in the woods, then at supper all evening, no time for the comp.
Haha I would be in the woods right now but it's raining buckets here...I wanna get another deer so bad but so far with have three between me and my dad hopefully with make it four soon
Unread 11-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #353
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Hey ya'll, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and is still well fed! Im about to head out with my good buddy Mike (Sadass) on our first gun hunt together this season, pretty sure todays hunt is gonna go " if it's brown it's down" More to follow...
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 11-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #354
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey ya'll, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and is still well fed! Im about to head out with my good buddy Mike (Sadass) on our first gun hunt together this season, pretty sure todays hunt is gonna go " if it's brown it's down" More to follow...
Good luck!! I want to head out...my dad just picked up a 64 gun safe from dicks from the black friday sale so were gonna find a place to put that, I'm surprised we got it out of the truck haha
Unread 11-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #355
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Good luck!! I want to head out...my dad just picked up a 64 gun safe from dicks from the black friday sale so were gonna find a place to put that, I'm surprised we got it out of the truck haha
Lol yeah them things are heavy, sorry for hitting the thumbs up and down button, my fat fingers on the phone dont work so well lol. Well yesterday we passed on a few small doe and yearlings, so were heading back out in a bit to try it again. If ya get out Go Get Em, more to follow...
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 12-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #356
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

What do y'all think of crossbows? My day keeps saying he's gonna buy the Barnett ghost 410 I personally think it takes away from the thrill of bow hunting..he keeps asking me if I want one, but I think I'd rather stick with my compound more challenging which makes it more fun...plus I don't see why he would want one he's got a Matthews z7 xtreme which I think is really nice.
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #357
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What do y'all think of crossbows? My day keeps saying he's gonna buy the Barnett ghost 410 I personally think it takes away from the thrill of bow hunting..he keeps asking me if I want one, but I think I'd rather stick with my compound more challenging which makes it more fun...plus I don't see why he would want one he's got a Matthews z7 xtreme which I think is really nice.
I'm def not a fan of them if folks think there ok to use during bow season. If thats the case then all traditional way's of bow hunting pretty much get tossed right out the window however, if owners used them during the regular season or late Muzzleloader season I have absolutely no prob. with that. I wonder how the old timers felt when compound bow's first came out? My old man only used his Fred Bear recurve and managed to harvest bucks nearly every season, he's still not a fan of compound's, especially my Mathews Heli-m, he calls it a machine lol Just wanna throw this in here also, if by chance the hunter has a legit disability and can't use any of today's compound bow's then I'm not opposed to letting him/her use a crossbow if they want to ''Bow'' hunt, and hopefully folks wouldn't try to scam that or take advantage of that.
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 12-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #358
cojab

1993 YJ Wrangler 

^^^^^^^^^Agreed
cojab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #359
MIjeep86
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here in Michigan, anyone is allowed to use a crossbow.
MIjeep86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #360
cojab

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Oh I don't doubt that. They are getting more popular all the time. I would just prefer them to not be used in the regular bow season unless your handicapped. I do think as times change though they will be allowed. Here in Colorado we just tried last year to get lighted nocks allowed. (currently we are not allowed anything electronic on our bow or arrows)The traditional archers who are very influential in a group who is in turn very influential with our Division of Parks and Wildlife killed that issue. However the younger guys who are more into compounds almost got this through. As we get more younger people, who are more comfortable with the technological equipment and are further removed from the traditional stuff, I see crossbows being more likely to being allowed.
cojab is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.