Bow season is right around the corner! - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Bow season is right around the corner!

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #301
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
He got it down in Texas...around here in South West Ohio I have an 8 pointer that beds down in my backyard all the time. The news had a 12 pointer running across a major road during rush hour. We are honestly infested. They are everywhere, all year.
Not many hunters by you, or not enough land? Where I'm at were feeling the effects of the city folks moving up to the ''Country'' The last 10-15 years my county has seen so much change because of this, countless new homes, land clearing ect. Now the deer are everywhere since they hardly have any acres of there own, and especially now that the rut is close a few bucks have already been hit by vehicles. It really is a shame, wish I could get out of here and move north or to a different state even. Anyway, hope everyone is staying safe in the woods and get the opportunity to harvest a big one. Go Get Em!

Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #302
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

There's a nice 8 pointer on th camera and I'll post a pic if I get him
Unread 10-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #303
PM Thor
Super Duper Guy

Location: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEERSLAYER94YJ View Post
Not many hunters by you, or not enough land? Where I'm at were feeling the effects of the city folks moving up to the ''Country'' The last 10-15 years my county has seen so much change because of this, countless new homes, land clearing ect. Now the deer are everywhere since they hardly have any acres of there own, and especially now that the rut is close a few bucks have already been hit by vehicles. It really is a shame, wish I could get out of here and move north or to a different state even. Anyway, hope everyone is staying safe in the woods and get the opportunity to harvest a big one. Go Get Em!
Actually my buddy lives in Atlanta and took a hunting trip so I can't speak to the level of deer there. As for here in Cincy, in city limits there is no hunting allowed obviously, but they are everywhere. Just last month I hit one while driving an ambulance, and on two separate occasions multiple deer have just wandered through the urban square I work on.
Unread 10-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #304
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I wish I was u guys actually seeing deer I'm getti so friggin pissed of going and sitting in the woods all day and not seeing a dam thing...I'm thinking about just stop hunting until the rut I'm so pissed of not seeing a dam thing
Unread 10-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #305
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Cooked up some backstrap steaks yesterday from the doe my buddy got on Thursday ****ing
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 06:28 AM   #306
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee View Post
I wish I was u guys actually seeing deer I'm getti so friggin pissed of going and sitting in the woods all day and not seeing a dam thing...I'm thinking about just stop hunting until the rut I'm so pissed of not seeing a dam thing
lol I totally understand the frustration, hopefully soon enough you'll start seeing some movement. I hunt food sources prior to and after the rut, acorns, beech nut, and mountain laurel. Unfortunately thats all I have to hunt over here in upstate NY however, in other states or farms with corn, alf-alfa, soy beans ect. thats your best bet. But once the rut begins I always switch to hunting scrapes, rubs, and mainly does. If ya play the wind right you'll most likely start seeing horns. I always get excited when I see a doe now, hoping to see a buck trailing her however, if she's still with her fawns she's not in estrus. Keep at it bud, and Go Get Em! I'll be out after work!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-30-2013, 06:29 AM   #307
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTJ View Post
Cooked up some backstrap steaks yesterday from the doe my buddy got on Thursday ****ing
Thats what I'm talking about! I get mine smoked every year, there amazing!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-30-2013, 06:31 AM   #308
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
There's a nice 8 pointer on th camera and I'll post a pic if I get him
Go Get Em! Good luck bud!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-30-2013, 06:36 AM   #309
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Actually my buddy lives in Atlanta and took a hunting trip so I can't speak to the level of deer there. As for here in Cincy, in city limits there is no hunting allowed obviously, but they are everywhere. Just last month I hit one while driving an ambulance, and on two separate occasions multiple deer have just wandered through the urban square I work on.
Sucks when there destiny is getting squashed by vehicles. Not much ya can do I guess, same as here and a lot of places anymore.
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #310
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I swear I have the worst dam luck I've been going hunting every day for like 2 weeks and haven't seen anything...and today I didn't go cuz I had a **** load of homework but my dad went and he can see my tree stand from his, and he said there was 7 deer in front of my treestands about 20 yards away. These dam deer are smarter then I thought.
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #311
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee
I swear I have the worst dam luck I've been going hunting every day for like 2 weeks and haven't seen anything...and today I didn't go cuz I had a **** load of homework but my dad went and he can see my tree stand from his, and he said there was 7 deer in front of my treestands about 20 yards away. These dam deer are smarter then I thought.
Keep up on that homework and you'll be just as smart soon enough! Lol.. just kidding! No matter how dumb deer are, their instinct and senses are amazing. Be patient because them bucks are starting their "stupid and horny" phase!
Unread 10-31-2013, 09:02 AM   #312
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm going as soon as I get out of school, last year my dad shot his biggest deer on Halloween so maybee this year it will be my turn.
Unread 10-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #313
ukjeeper
1991 YJ Wrangler 

You'd hate it over here. No bow hunting, period.
ukjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #314
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm going as soon as I get out of school, last year my dad shot his biggest deer on Halloween so maybee this year it will be my turn.
Thats right bud, get on out there and stick one! Yesterday afternoon I decided to do some blind calling during the magic hour and much to my surprise I ended up calling in a year and a half old 5 pointer. It was neat watching him walk down my lane within 10 yards under me looking for a hot doe. He was flicking his tail like crazy and had his jowels curled up, so all in all it's a great sign! I decided to let him walk, so hopefully this coming week that decision will pay off with a decent two and a half year old or better. Good luck today and Go Get Em!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #315
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukjeeper View Post
You'd hate it over here. No bow hunting, period.
yeah no thanks! Thats to bad, i'm sure theres plenty of great country to hunt
Nightcrew Member #093

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.