Bow season is right around the corner! - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Bow season is right around the corner!

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-13-2013, 06:02 AM   #286
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Went out again Thursday night, and there was plenty of action. Saw four doe, three of which kept coming back. None of them gave me a clear, close range shot. At one point I looked up and saw a ninja doe that snuck right in without making a sound. It was getting dark as I watched her putz around at about 30 yards. There was a lot of brush and I still couldnt get a clear shot. After about 10 minutes of watching her, she re emerged at about 40 yards with a perfect, clear, broadsight shot. It was getting pretty dark, my heart was racing, my bow arm trembling. This was my last opportunity of the night, and I didn't want to miss it, so I let one loose. However, new as I am to bow hunting, 40 yards is way too much for me and I totally air balled it

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 06:43 AM   #287
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTJ View Post
Went out again Thursday night, and there was plenty of action. Saw four doe, three of which kept coming back. None of them gave me a clear, close range shot. At one point I looked up and saw a ninja doe that snuck right in without making a sound. It was getting dark as I watched her putz around at about 30 yards. There was a lot of brush and I still couldnt get a clear shot. After about 10 minutes of watching her, she re emerged at about 40 yards with a perfect, clear, broadsight shot. It was getting pretty dark, my heart was racing, my bow arm trembling. This was my last opportunity of the night, and I didn't want to miss it, so I let one loose. However, new as I am to bow hunting, 40 yards is way too much for me and I totally air balled it
lol thats awesome! Yeah man 40 yards is a long shot for just about everyone, hell I have never launched one that far, but it's great you were patient and at least didnt wound her. Good luck next time out bud!
Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #288
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I've been going hunting with my dad sence I was 3 now I'm 17 still going everyday I don't have school I love the bow but it's really hard sometimes like last week I had a buck 20 yards broad side and I drew back but my peep sight was messed up and I ended up missing :'( but I'm really patient when I comes to hunting like I said I've been hunting a long time and I only shot my first deer last year. Plus there's not a lot of big ones where I'm from.
Unread 10-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #289
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee View Post
I've been going hunting with my dad sence I was 3 now I'm 17 still going everyday I don't have school I love the bow but it's really hard sometimes like last week I had a buck 20 yards broad side and I drew back but my peep sight was messed up and I ended up missing :'( but I'm really patient when I comes to hunting like I said I've been hunting a long time and I only shot my first deer last year. Plus there's not a lot of big ones where I'm from.
Patients is a must, at least ya didnt wound him bud. Keep at it, it's always rewarding in so many ways.
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #290
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well the rut is almost among us here in upsate NY! Our weather is becoming consistant in the mornings and just recently cooling off nice during the evening hunt. It's only a matter of time before the big boys start making mistakes, and we start sending arrows through em! Go Get Em guys/gals!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #291
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEERSLAYER94YJ
Well the rut is almost among us here in upsate NY! Our weather is becoming consistant in the mornings and just recently cooling off nice during the evening hunt. It's only a matter of time before the big boys start making mistakes, and we start sending arrows through em! Go Get Em guys/gals!
I can't wait untill muzzleloader season, that my favorate season. I'll admit it I think the bow is extremly hard to kill a deer with and can be frustrating, I just wish the deer were comming in during the day. Like the last few days we left the woods at like 6:15 and on the trail camera the deer are comming in at 6:30 .
PS I love upstate NY I went to a ranch there and I shot my first animal with the gun and then with back and shot my first with the bow there. And I'm from RI
Unread 10-24-2013, 06:32 AM   #292
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I can't wait untill muzzleloader season, that my favorate season. I'll admit it I think the bow is extremly hard to kill a deer with and can be frustrating, I just wish the deer were comming in during the day. Like the last few days we left the woods at like 6:15 and on the trail camera the deer are comming in at 6:30 .
PS I love upstate NY I went to a ranch there and I shot my first animal with the gun and then with back and shot my first with the bow there. And I'm from RI
Yeah I absolutely love hunting with my in-line, I just ordered the TC Encore Endeavor, had to finally retire my CVA Optima after 10 seasons of slaying deer with it. During gun season thats all I use unless were putting on drives, my county is shotgun/muzzleloader only.
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-24-2013, 06:36 AM   #293
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh yeah, when I run into that problem of nocturnal bucks I usually, depending on the time of year, either make a mock scrape and put doe in estrus on it, or this time of year put buck urine on it. More than likely if he's the dominate buck in the area he's gonna want to meet the other buck making scrapes in his area. Good luck and Go Get Em!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-24-2013, 06:52 AM   #294
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEERSLAYER94YJ
Oh yeah, when I run into that problem of nocturnal bucks I usually, depending on the time of year, either make a mock scrape and put doe in estrus on it, or this time of year put buck urine on it. More than likely if he's the dominate buck in the area he's gonna want to meet the other buck making scrapes in his area. Good luck and Go Get Em!
We have a dominant buck in the area he's a nice 8 pointer what should I do
Unread 10-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #295
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee

We have a dominant buck in the area he's a nice 8 pointer what should I do
Aim for an inch or two above his front elbow!
Unread 10-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #296
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuntryboy816

Aim for an inch or two above his front elbow!
Ohh no lol I know where to aim I was talking about what should I do to make him come in earlier
Unread 10-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #297
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ohh no lol I know where to aim I was talking about what should I do to make him come in earlier
Sometimes it's tough to bring em in during shooting hours, especially since he didnt get that big by being stupid. I'd say wait him out on stand, sooner or later he'll get stupid and hopefully chase a doe right by ya. Otherwise, now is the time to find the doe's and watch carefully who's trailing or pushing them. I've found that during this time of the rut (pre-rut) your going to usually see a lot of younger buck activity, as they go into rut sooner however, my buddy Mike (Sadass) just killed a monster 8 last Thu. pushing does around. So this time of year it's a crap shoot, either continue to put buck piss on his scrapes and hunt them, or start laying down doe piss on them and hunt them. Either way ya def. need to keep the wind in your favor. If he winds you it's pretty much all over for that old fella lol Moral of the story, spend as much time on stand with a good wind, your chances will improve the closer it gets to prime time rut! Go Get Em!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 10-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #298
PM Thor
Super Duper Guy

Location: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
Buddy brought down a 14 pointer, scored at 180.25. Ima gettin leftover meat!
Unread 10-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #299
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor
Buddy brought down a 14 pointer, scored at 180.25. Ima gettin leftover meat!
Damm I've never even seen a 14 point the biggest deer I've ever seen was a 12 point that on my wall lol but yea the deer arnt big here... Buti just got out of the woods and someone shoot a gun right near me and I think it ruined the night.
Unread 10-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #300
PM Thor
Super Duper Guy

Location: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
He got it down in Texas...around here in South West Ohio I have an 8 pointer that beds down in my backyard all the time. The news had a 12 pointer running across a major road during rush hour. We are honestly infested. They are everywhere, all year.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.