Bow season is right around the corner! - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Bow season is right around the corner!

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippiGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 11-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #196
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadass View Post
Its not the big Buck, but he will do!
I was chasing after a big buck in my area that I let walk for a better shot 2 weeks ago. Because of that encounter with him I passed on many smaller bucks. I even took vacation allowing me to hunt the prime last 10 days of bow season for that big bruiser.... but, I was so sick I did not make it out until the last 2.5 days. of this NY2010 bow season. I was fortunate enough to take a doe early in the season so I Had one buck tag to fill. I love venison so I will take the " if its brown its down" attitude on my last day. that is why I pulled the trigger on this guy quartering away at 24 yards on my last bow hunt of the season.
I was so excited to see this guy come over the hill because I was almost certain I was going to end the season with only a doe. I felt good my last morning with sun Rise 5 min away when all of a sudden, Game on! The leaves told the tale of a deer coming over the hill towards my stand. I stood and readied my self for a shot. WTF that's not a deer, Its, a guy in civilian cloths walking right to me. the guy never looked up even though I coughed, he walk directly under my stand and on to the little development road. I was almost pissed off. Here it is last day , the prime time majic hour and some guy just destroyed my last hunt. Then 15 min later I see the guy walking down the road then he beats feet into the woods coming right at me again. I was thinking for sure he was going to make contact with me.I was thinking I have an Anti hunter messing with me. Nope, he had no clue I was there. It was odd to see someone else in my patch of woods. I finally stopped him to see what the deal was. Turns out It was just a guy name Dan who lived down the back side of the hill going for a morning stroll. I though it was all over for me. even sent deerslayer94 a text about it. I decided to hang tight till 10 am and enjoy the rest of the sunrise . It payed off, thats for sure. this buck walked into range about 830 am. My Rage tore through him like a tomahawk . deer did not run 50 yards. Rage+Mathews FTW.
Saturday was opening day gun. No luck for me . and Now I am at work on shift till Turkey day.

my dog Killer on the blood trail

Exit/Rage Broadhead

Entrance/ Rage Broadhead

Good luck fellas and lets see those gun hunt Pics.
Way to go big Mike! I just got home from upstate and only saw does, but i had no tag for that zone. On leave this week so Ill be at it as much as possible! Hope ya liked the way the .35 shot when you zeroed it. See ya soon buddy, and once again great job!

Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2010, 08:03 PM   #197
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Happy Thanksgiving guys/gal's. Went out this morning for the traditional turkey day hunt and got skunked lol. Must be the deer have wised up, but sooner or later they will make a mistake. GO GET EM!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 12-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #198
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Took a doe this afternoon with the muzzleloader at 190 yards! I have never shot that far, but it was then or never, so it worked out really well. She dropped in her tracks and I was totally amazed, I held about 3 inches over her back. Smoked backstraps are on the menu next week! Time for a gun buck now... GO GET EM!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 12-12-2010, 11:30 PM   #199
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Smoke stick time in the the southern zone here in NY, Ill be out tomorrow and tue. More to follow... GO GET EM!!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 12-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #200
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well guys another great season has come to an end. Thanks for all your posts and pics, hope you all have a great Christmas and New Years. Next year unfortunately I think I'll be deployed for the entire season, but I'll def. try and keep tabs on our thread. If anyone is in to ice fishing post up pics, as I'll be hitting it hard with my buddy Sadass pretty soon. So long for now...
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 12-23-2010, 01:11 PM   #201
fireman070472
1998 ZJ 

For all of you that do ice fish, please carry ice spikes with you and be extra careful out there. A local father and his 15 yo son fell through the ice tuesday, unfortunately the son passed on yesterday morning. Please, everybody be safe out there.
fireman070472 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2010, 02:07 PM   #202
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman070472 View Post
For all of you that do ice fish, please carry ice spikes with you and be extra careful out there. A local father and his 15 yo son fell through the ice tuesday, unfortunately the son passed on yesterday morning. Please, everybody be safe out there.
Wow, thanks for the heads up. What a tragic story, especially so close to the holiday season. Thanks again for posting up...
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 12-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #203
DutchNaumo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Season runs through Jan 15th here!
DutchNaumo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #204
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchNaumo View Post
Season runs through Jan 15th here!
Wish ours did, GO GET EM DUTCH!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 12-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #205
Timothy_90
1998 ZJ 

Yep, we have until the 17th to hunt like Robin Hood. Depending on the condition of my shoulder I should be out in the woods for a couple more weekends. So far this year I've gotten 2 with the smoke stick and 1 with the .30-30, if I get one with the bow I'll have completed the weapon trifecta.
Unread 12-23-2010, 11:29 PM   #206
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy_90 View Post
Yep, we have until the 17th to hunt like Robin Hood. Depending on the condition of my shoulder I should be out in the woods for a couple more weekends. So far this year I've gotten 2 with the smoke stick and 1 with the .30-30, if I get one with the bow I'll have completed the weapon trifecta.
Hell yeah! Good going, hope ya stick one before the end of your season! GO GET EM!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 12-24-2010, 09:56 AM   #207
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ive got until March 26th!
Unread 12-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #208
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaHunter View Post
Ive got until March 26th!
26 March!!! lol really?
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 12-30-2010, 11:36 PM   #209
apfroggy0408
1982 CJ7 

Starting to get into bow hunting and this is what I've got.

This is my first bow it's a Mathews Solocam SQ2. We'll be going hog hunting in the beginning months of the new year.
apfroggy0408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #210
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apfroggy0408 View Post
Starting to get into bow hunting and this is what I've got.

This is my first bow it's a Mathews Solocam SQ2. We'll be going hog hunting in the beginning months of the new year.
practice, practice, practice! It's a great challenge however, there's a lot that can go wrong. Keep up the shooting and you will be fine! Kill some hog's and post some pics! GO GET EM!!
Nightcrew Member #093

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.