Bow season is right around the corner! - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Bow season is right around the corner!

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #181
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well today was the first day of the season that I got skunked, didn't even see a flag. It was my favorite type of day to be out, hardly any wind, overcast, 50 degrees, and prime time rut! Well I think that's it for me with the bow, it was nice to harvest my 5 pointer the third day of the season and for that I am very greatfull. Glad to hear everyone's stories and pics so far throughout this season. Gun season starts for me this Sat. so I confirmed my zero with the .30-06 and the 12ga and am ready to kick it off. Keep posting up fellas, it's been great reading about an outdoor activity other than wheelin that we all have in common. GO GET EM!!

Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 12:01 AM   #182
DutchNaumo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Well we had a couple really nice deer taken opening day of firearm season. Both these were taking at the farm that I hunt.

My friend billy shot this nice 10 opening morning.

And my cousin Rob shot this beast 10 pointer opening evening
DutchNaumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 09:45 PM   #183
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchNaumo View Post
Well we had a couple really nice deer taken opening day of firearm season. Both these were taking at the farm that I hunt.

My friend billy shot this nice 10 opening morning.

And my cousin Rob shot this beast 10 pointer opening evening
wow! that's pretty much all I have to say other than great job to your buddy Bill, and your cousin. Amazing bucks!! Thanks for posting up DUTCH... Gun season opens for us down here in the southern zone in NY on Sat. Cant wait! GO GET EM!!!!!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 11-17-2010, 01:08 PM   #184
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just curious, what are everyone elses seasons like, length wise? I know mine here in VA goes from September 2nd to March 26th
Unread 11-17-2010, 01:39 PM   #185
Timothy_90
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaHunter View Post
Just curious, what are everyone elses seasons like, length wise? I know mine here in VA goes from September 2nd to March 26th
Archery season goes from Labor Day weekend to the middle of January in KY. Modern gun is generally 3 weeks in November, then 2 weeks of muzzleloader in December, there's also a weekend-long early muzzleloader season in October. I think somewhere in there there might be a crossbow season as well but I'm not positive since I don't have a crossbow.
Unread 11-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #186
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy_90 View Post
Archery season goes from Labor Day weekend to the middle of January in KY. Modern gun is generally 3 weeks in November, then 2 weeks of muzzleloader in December, there's also a weekend-long early muzzleloader season in October. I think somewhere in there there might be a crossbow season as well but I'm not positive since I don't have a crossbow.
Here from September 2nd to The end of october is bow and crossbow, October (30th?) to November 12th is Muzzleloader and from November 13th to March 26th is general firearms (but you can still use bow/crossbow/muzzleloader). However, January 1st to March 26th is Doe only. In the standard season from Sept to January in my county we can take either sex every day. Or as I call it, "If its brown its down"
Unread 11-19-2010, 03:59 AM   #187
DEERSLAYER94YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

This year the souther zone of ny opened 16 oct for bow, and ends today. Tomorrow opens gun season until 12 dec then black powder-late bow opens 13 dec until 21 dec. In the northern zone bow opened 27 sept until 22 oct, then gun opened 23 oct until 5 dec. The line that seperates the two is about three quarters up the state to the east and goes about half way across the state to the west. I try and get a bit of both in, usually northern black powder which always seems to open the same sat as bow does down where I'm at, which spoils it for me! Just about to head to camp for the weekend so ill check back in sun night. GO GET EM!
Nightcrew Member #093

Unread 11-19-2010, 04:10 AM   #188
Timothy_90
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Here from September 2nd to The end of october is bow and crossbow, October (30th?) to November 12th is Muzzleloader and from November 13th to March 26th is general firearms (but you can still use bow/crossbow/muzzleloader). However, January 1st to March 26th is Doe only. In the standard season from Sept to January in my county we can take either sex every day. Or as I call it, "If its brown its down"
How many antlered deer can you take in a season?
Unread 11-19-2010, 05:41 AM   #189
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

24 hours from RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!! At 640am tomorrow, our gun season starts...
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 11:16 AM   #190
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
How many antlered deer can you take in a season?
My license consists of 3 doe and 3 antlered deer tags, so 3
Unread 11-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #191
Timothy_90
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
My license consists of 3 doe and 3 antlered deer tags, so 3
Man, we can only take one antlered deer per year, but we can keep buying doe tags forever in my zone.

Little bro and dad are heading out in the morning again, I guess he's got the thrill in his blood now . I'll be going out on sunday since I have to work (3rd shift) tonight and I won't even get off until ~6AM, then I'd have to drive an hour and a half to the deer lease. I hope he keeps the killing spree up .
Unread 11-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #192
sadass
5.9,242,4.56,Aussies x 2

1998 ZJ 

Its not the big Buck, but he will do!
I was chasing after a big buck in my area that I let walk for a better shot 2 weeks ago. Because of that encounter with him I passed on many smaller bucks. I even took vacation allowing me to hunt the prime last 10 days of bow season for that big bruiser.... but, I was so sick I did not make it out until the last 2.5 days. of this NY2010 bow season. I was fortunate enough to take a doe early in the season so I Had one buck tag to fill. I love venison so I will take the " if its brown its down" attitude on my last day. that is why I pulled the trigger on this guy quartering away at 24 yards on my last bow hunt of the season.
I was so excited to see this guy come over the hill because I was almost certain I was going to end the season with only a doe. I felt good my last morning with sun Rise 5 min away when all of a sudden, Game on! The leaves told the tale of a deer coming over the hill towards my stand. I stood and readied my self for a shot. WTF that's not a deer, Its, a guy in civilian cloths walking right to me. the guy never looked up even though I coughed, he walk directly under my stand and on to the little development road. I was almost pissed off. Here it is last day , the prime time majic hour and some guy just destroyed my last hunt. Then 15 min later I see the guy walking down the road then he beats feet into the woods coming right at me again. I was thinking for sure he was going to make contact with me.I was thinking I have an Anti hunter messing with me. Nope, he had no clue I was there. It was odd to see someone else in my patch of woods. I finally stopped him to see what the deal was. Turns out It was just a guy name Dan who lived down the back side of the hill going for a morning stroll. I though it was all over for me. even sent deerslayer94 a text about it. I decided to hang tight till 10 am and enjoy the rest of the sunrise . It payed off, thats for sure. this buck walked into range about 830 am. My Rage tore through him like a tomahawk . deer did not run 50 yards. Rage+Mathews FTW.
Saturday was opening day gun. No luck for me . and Now I am at work on shift till Turkey day.

my dog Killer on the blood trail

Exit/Rage Broadhead

Entrance/ Rage Broadhead

Good luck fellas and lets see those gun hunt Pics.
sadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2010, 11:10 AM   #193
DutchNaumo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadass View Post
This is what you should have shot
DutchNaumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #194
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Man, we can only take one antlered deer per year, but we can keep buying doe tags forever in my zone.

Little bro and dad are heading out in the morning again, I guess he's got the thrill in his blood now . I'll be going out on sunday since I have to work (3rd shift) tonight and I won't even get off until ~6AM, then I'd have to drive an hour and a half to the deer lease. I hope he keeps the killing spree up .
Yeah if I tag out I can buy extra doe tags
Unread 11-21-2010, 11:42 AM   #195
TedderX_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
I'll just leave this right here......

What bow is this?

Oh Crap! Handle- Standard Equipment

Quote:
"If you need a knife to open your knife, you've bought the wrong knife". -Tedder
TedderX_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.