Bow season is right around the corner! - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Bow season is right around the corner!

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Reply
Unread 11-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #166
RikRotorhead
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SloCal
Posts: 8,878
I'll just leave this right here......




bow-season.jpg  
__________________
Betcha' wish your girlfriend was as dirty as my Jeep!
Zombies hate fast food.
Hang on! This is gunna' be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #167
DEERSLAYER94YJ
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
I'll just leave this right here......


Awesome pic! Thanks for posting up...
__________________
Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #168
Poke
runtime error = 0
 
Poke's Avatar
2015 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,083
Deer are chasing all over lower NY, last 10 day report - I had to pass up 2, 8 points that were bigger than the 10pt I killed opening week. one I stalked for the challenge and one I filmed. saw a third large 8 point, big body but it stayed at 50 yards.

Dropped my bow out of a tree while filming the 8point 3+inches outside of his ears. then my wife call's and had missed a wall mount 8.

Next day a Doe ran off when I moved and my stand "tinked". was going to take her to, dang metal. got up to leave mad and when I got to my jeep another 8point was standing 10 yards in front of it. this is the buck I stalked. cut him off in some deep pines, got to 35 yards while he was eating an unspooked, then let him walk away with out knowing I was there.

more buck activity than I have seen, maybe ever.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana
don't post threads that poke Poke!
Poke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 01:30 PM   #169
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler
 
RockWoRM's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fresno, Ca.
Posts: 8,411
This one was so close, I decided to just use my bowie knife on it. Man talk about tender!






































__________________
'92 YJ, 4.0, 5sp, 8.8 w/ 4.56's locked F&R, Teralow 4-1, HD SYE, BDS 5" SUA lifted on 35 MTR's. PSE front trail cage kit, 1ton TRE flip, 1"shackles, 1"BL, 1" MM. <><

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #170
Kerovick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fairfield, PA.
Posts: 105
That little thing looks EVIL.
Kerovick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #171
Poke
runtime error = 0
 
Poke's Avatar
2015 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,083
want to eat
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana
don't post threads that poke Poke!
Poke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #172
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler
 
RockWoRM's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fresno, Ca.
Posts: 8,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerovick View Post
That little thing looks EVIL.
Naw! early morning flash got the eyes. it was really cute. almost tripped over the dumb thing!
__________________
'92 YJ, 4.0, 5sp, 8.8 w/ 4.56's locked F&R, Teralow 4-1, HD SYE, BDS 5" SUA lifted on 35 MTR's. PSE front trail cage kit, 1ton TRE flip, 1"shackles, 1"BL, 1" MM. <><

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #173
BRad704
Nothing to see here...
 
BRad704's Avatar
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Posts: 1,615
At least the taxidermy won't be too expensive...
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #174
DutchNaumo
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 128
I got out in the woods last weekend. Saw a lot of rut activity and had what woulda been about a 130" 8 pointer come right under my stand but he was missing his g2 and g3 on one side. Gun season opens saturday so im gonna hunt hard and try to take out one of these guys...

DutchNaumo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #175
Kerovick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fairfield, PA.
Posts: 105
Thems sure is some pretty pictures
Kerovick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #176
DutchNaumo
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 128
My cousin texted me this morning and said he shot that tall 8, bottom middle in those pics. Hit him in the shoulder and didnt get much penetration. No blood and never found him, hopefully he lives and someone gets a crack at him this weekend.
DutchNaumo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 10:25 PM   #177
DEERSLAYER94YJ
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
Deer are chasing all over lower NY, last 10 day report - I had to pass up 2, 8 points that were bigger than the 10pt I killed opening week. one I stalked for the challenge and one I filmed. saw a third large 8 point, big body but it stayed at 50 yards.

Dropped my bow out of a tree while filming the 8point 3+inches outside of his ears. then my wife call's and had missed a wall mount 8.

Next day a Doe ran off when I moved and my stand "tinked". was going to take her to, dang metal. got up to leave mad and when I got to my jeep another 8point was standing 10 yards in front of it. this is the buck I stalked. cut him off in some deep pines, got to 35 yards while he was eating an unspooked, then let him walk away with out knowing I was there.

more buck activity than I have seen, maybe ever.
Great to see aint it!! Yeah there moving good around my area too, been seeing a good amount horns lately. Hopefully I see em during gun season next week!! GO GET EM!!
__________________
Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #178
DEERSLAYER94YJ
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchNaumo View Post
My cousin texted me this morning and said he shot that tall 8, bottom middle in those pics. Hit him in the shoulder and didnt get much penetration. No blood and never found him, hopefully he lives and someone gets a crack at him this weekend.
What a tough pill to swallow! Once again I think I can speak for all of us bow hunters and say we have all been there. Hopefully like ya said, he survives and someone else gets the opportunity to harvest him. GO GET EM!
__________________
Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #179
Timothy_90
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Louisville Kentucky
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEERSLAYER94YJ View Post
Well hopefully ur brother gets an opportunity to harvest a nice one with ur gear on opening day. Good for you helping him out! Wish ya's the best, and nice going harvesting two with the smoke stick. GO GET EM!
I just got a phone call from my brother, he was successful on his first hunt , I'm a proud big brother to say the least. I always knew the kid could shoot.

He bagged a 9 point and a doe, tagged out on opening morning from my stand with my shotgun and all the rest of my gear . I can't wait to see the pictures and hear the war stories .

I'm headed out tomorrow morning so hopefully I have similar luck.

Good luck to the rest of you guys, be safe and shoot straight.
__________________
"Build a man a fire and you can keep him warm for a day, set a man on fire and you can keep him warm for the rest of his life."
Timothy_90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #180
DEERSLAYER94YJ
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy_90 View Post
I just got a phone call from my brother, he was successful on his first hunt , I'm a proud big brother to say the least. I always knew the kid could shoot.

He bagged a 9 point and a doe, tagged out on opening morning from my stand with my shotgun and all the rest of my gear . I can't wait to see the pictures and hear the war stories .

I'm headed out tomorrow morning so hopefully I have similar luck.

Good luck to the rest of you guys, be safe and shoot straight.
Great news!! Glad to hear your brother harvested a 9 pointer and a doe, now its your turn so grab your gear and GO GET EM! As for me I saw a nice 8 this morn but he was out of range.Hunting tomorrow and tue with the bow, then gearing up for gun season on Sat. GO GET EM!
__________________
Nightcrew Member #093

DEER--- It's whats for supper!!
DEERSLAYER94YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.