JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/)
-   -   Bourbon (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/bourbon-1552324/)

0IIIIIII0 07-22-2013 05:40 PM

Bourbon

I've come to love it.

Recommendations?

Tried
Jim Beam
Makers mark
Wood ford reserve
Crown royal

Sent from my TJ

Mean Max 07-22-2013 05:50 PM

Jim Beam
Jim Beam Devil's Cut
Jim Beam Honey
Jim Beam Black
Jim Beam Rye (Whiskey, I know but it's really good!)

Max

Budke 07-22-2013 05:55 PM

Jim Beam Red Stag(delicious mixed with coke)
Gentleman Jack
Crown Royal Maple(real good)

0IIIIIII0 07-22-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mean Max
Jim Beam
Jim Beam Devil's Cut
Jim Beam Honey
Jim Beam Black
Jim Beam Rye (Whiskey, I know but it's really good!)

Max

Do you have a stake in the Beam conglomerate? I'll see what I can find. I've seen the honey at the liquor store but not the others.

Sent from my TJ

0IIIIIII0 07-22-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budke
Gentleman Jack

Can't abide maple anything other than syrup. Brings back memories of a kid on the bus that used to smell of piss and maple something or other.

As soon as I smell it, my skin crawls. For some reason, real, actual maple syrup doesn't have that effect.

Otherwise, I'll give those a shot.

Sent from my TJ

Mean Max 07-22-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 (Post 15706640)

Do you have a stake in the Beam conglomerate? I'll see what I can find. I've seen the honey at the liquor store but not the others.

Sent from my TJ

If my purchases went towards a stake in the company, I'd be the CEO. But, they don't.

I just really like their products. I've tried other brands & flavors, but they just don't satisfy me. I dunno?

Max

jccJeep 07-22-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 (Post 15706577)
I've come to love it.

Recommendations?

Tried
Jim Beam
Makers mark
Wood ford reserve
Crown royal

Sent from my TJ

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budke (Post 15706636)
Gentleman Jack

Not bourbon.

My favorite is Blanton's

DangFoo 07-22-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0
I've come to love it.

Recommendations?

Tried
Jim Beam
Makers mark
Wood ford reserve
Crown royal

Sent from my TJ

Crown Royal is Canadian; they're not allowed to make anything labeled as Bourbon - It would be grounds for an invasion.

Maker's Mark
Booker's
Baker's
Woodford Reserve
Buffalo Trace
Knob Creek
Bulleit (if I'm mixing with tea or lemonade)

I have not tried Roughstock yet; it's next on my list, but I believe it's not technically Bourbon, rather 'Montana Whiskey.'

My suggestion is to drink many different ones and often for your health. Just don't operate heavy machinery.

Budke 07-22-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 (Post 15706651)
Can't abide maple anything other than syrup. Brings back memories of a kid on the bus that used to smell of piss and maple something or other.

As soon as I smell it, my skin crawls. For some reason, real, actual maple syrup doesn't have that effect.

Otherwise, I'll give those a shot.

Sent from my TJ

Not sure if it smells like it or not. I never took a whiff, just a few shots.
You taste the maple, but also the crown.

0IIIIIII0 07-22-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jccJeep

Not bourbon.

My favorite is Blanton's

Apologies. And to think! I read an entire internet article involving no less than 3 "next" clicks before assuming I knew all there was to know. Call it a noob mistake.

Right now, the Woodford is tops on my list. It's got a nice aroma (kind of buttery vanilla) that I particularly like.

Sent from my TJ

Budke 07-22-2013 06:20 PM

Bourbon, whiskey, scotch, its all does the same thing.
Gets you ****ed up while tasting good.

ElkhornRanch 07-22-2013 07:40 PM

If you can find it, try Four Roses. They are just across the street from Jim Beam.

Good Stuff.

vadslram 07-23-2013 06:33 AM

J D Honey
Smooth and just a little different
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.luxist.co...ackdaniels.jpg

Quote:

Although the product generally meets the regulatory criteria for classification as a straight bourbon, the company disavows this classification and markets it simply as Tennessee whiskey rather than as Tennessee bourbon.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-CowderyMyths_4-0 sizset="false" sizcache09257214769332928="38 105 33" jQuery18307131889383270435="37">[</SUP>

WhtJeep 07-23-2013 06:54 AM

Makers Mark is my current weapon of choice

Muddman 07-23-2013 08:49 AM

For a good cheap, every day type bourbon I go with W.L. Weller Special Reserve. A 1.75 is only about $24 in some places and it's 90proof. Many of my friends have converted to this as well. It is now distilled by Buffalo Trace (which is another good one). Old Forester is another good one that's generally just a couple bucks more than Weller.

For better sipping...
Booker's (my personal favorite but most expensive on this list)
Basil Hayden

Maker's has great advertising and the dipped wax bottle is great but isn't my favorite. It's not bad but I would take a 1792, Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek, or any of the other's I've mentioned first.

Jack Daniel's is a whiskey, not a bourbon. It does not have to be made in Kentucky to be bourbon but there are certain rules to be classified as bourbon (such as made from a grain mixture that is at least 51% corn, and aged in new, charred-oak barrels). If I remember correctly, about 90-95% of bourbon comes from Kentucky.

The time now is 07:02 PM.