Boston - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Boston

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-31-2006, 09:30 AM   #1
Wrangler04for40
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Boston

I'll be going to Boston for a few days in May, anybody have any must see or do things to pass along? Place to drink a good beer, see a historic spot? Thanks.

My Jeep
Wrangler04for40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2006, 09:35 AM   #2
dakuda
Admin, Jeep in Pieces

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Cross out 'Red' in Red Sox everywhere you go, and write in 'Wrong' for me.

A friend of mine went to flew to Boston just to go to Cheers with his United pass once. I think he just said it was kinda eh. Nothing too special.

2013 Dodge Charger | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | Ramsey Winches | www.dakuda.com
dakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2006, 10:06 AM   #3
JayJEEPguy
2004 WJ 

Downtown Boston and the Freedom Trail ( i think that's what its called) is pretty cool to walk around, if you're into that kind of historic stuff. There's a cool little church with tall buildings built around it, too.

Faneuil Hall and everything around it.
Quincy Market (next to Faneuil Hall)
Boston Common.
Musuem of Science.
New England Aquarium.
Everything is right in one spot. LOL.

OH, and the Boston Duck Tours!

http://www.thefreedomtrail.org/home.htm
http://www.bostonducktours.com/
http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/
http://www.mos.org/ <--- Museum Of Science
http://www.neaq.org/index.flash4.html <---New England Aquarium

Lots of bars and pubs. "Cheers" is nothing special.
'02 WJ:4.7L, Selec-Trac. Totalled 9-12-07. Click to hearKolak 3" exhaust sound clip
http://www.cardomain.com/id/MourningWoody
JayJEEPguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2006, 10:40 AM   #4
Wrangler04for40
2004 TJ Wrangler 

thanks, I saw the Freedom Trail on an Insomniac episode on Comedy central. That looks interesting, I think the Boston Tea Party ship is closed for a remodel. Heres to tipping a few Sam Adams.

My Jeep
Unread 01-31-2006, 10:41 AM   #5
tweekedknee

You could go on a sam adams brewery tour for a good brew
3" rustys full pack, Rock Krawler tracbar, 31x10.5 Kumho kl71, CIK, dynomax super turbo muffler, IPF h4 conversions, silverstar bulbs, hella 530 fogs, olympic 4x4 rock front bumper, tcase drop, bush hacker flares, OEM tow hook brackets with GM hooks
tweekedknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2006, 01:11 PM   #6
Fett
Mechanically Declined

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Don't know what tickles your fancy, but there is a pretty good science museum in boston (close to Cambridge) and they have an extensive Star Wars theme going on right now. I also like the aquarium. Theres a great Legal Seafood restaurant next to the aquarium too.

I go to Boston a few times a year on business and usually just start walking around...I always run into something interesting.

"When you honestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do". www.despair.com
|_
|T|
Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2006, 01:18 PM   #7
Mtrek33
2009 JK Wrangler 

There are lots of places in Boston to go and see it depends on what you are into. I would recommend the freedom trail; it will fill most of your historic needs. You can see the Constitution, Bunker hill Monument, Quincy market/Faneuil Hall, Old City Hall, Boston tea Part Site, etc., etc., etc. Boston also has some of the finest museums in the country, the MFA, the Science Museum, the New England Aquarium.

If you want to venture a little out of Boston you could head to Lexington and Concord, and see the battle road and the site of the start of the American Revolution.

I would recommend trying to get a few sox ticks if they are in town. Just to see Fenway park is a trip in itself. If not, do the tours that they have, you can get more info on the web site www.redsox.com.

In the Bar's department, if you are looking for traditional Boston bars, you should try the Faneuil Hall area. The bell in hand is a traditional Boston bar in the old part of the city. Also in this area are Purple shamrock, the tap, Hennessey’s, etc. for dance Style bars (not nightclubs, bars w/ dance floors). For more traditional pub style places with background music, try the Newbury Street, commonwealth Ave. area. They have more pub style places that sell food during the day and drink at night.

As for night clubs the two best areas are Lansdowne Street near Fenway Park, all clubs, and the theater district.

Boston is loaded with places to get a drink; you can go from "hole in the wall" dive bar to super up-scale need a name to get in places.

I would recommend not going to the original Cheer's, it is not what you think and nothing like the show's bar. There is a cheers in Faneuil hall that will give you a more TV like feel, if you have to get your cheer's fix and t-shirt go there instead.

If your look for a great place to eat then the North End is the place to go. Tons of small, family owned, traditional Italian restaurants. If you want an authentic New England meal go to Durgin Park, and if you want New England fried fish and clam chowder head to the North shore and try a few small places there.

Last but not least, never drive in Boston. You can literally walk from Harvard University to Fenway Park in about 15-20min. You can also take the subway, locally known as the "T." The public transport is safe and efficient in Boston. Most stops are within walking distance of each other. If you want a little more information about things to do I would recommend checking out the Boston section on tripadvisor.com. The forums have tons of good ideas.
Unread 01-31-2006, 01:31 PM   #8
PM Thor
Super Duper Guy

Location: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
Damn, I thought this was about the band.

Oh well, I can still dream.
Unread 01-31-2006, 01:32 PM   #9
StevesRedJeep
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweekedknee
You could go on a sam adams brewery tour for a good brew
Thats one of the things I did when I went, its very easy to find and is in a cool part of the town. The day we went the tour was free for some reason but its normally only 2 dollars. It was a good tour and the smell was amazing. if you do go look for a homestar sticker ( most probably dont know who homestar is but if you know, look for him) but their are tons of things to do while you are their.

Red Jeep Club #287
StevesRedJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2006, 01:50 PM   #10
PM Thor
Super Duper Guy

Location: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
They brew Sam Adams here in Cincy too. Luckily for me it is in my district so we have to do the fire inspections there. Somehow they always seem to get at least one case per guy on our fire engine. I likey.
Unread 01-31-2006, 02:35 PM   #11
mr_user

I went up to visit Boston College a few weeks ago. After trekking most of my city miles in the Big Apple, I was very impressed at the cleanliness and beauty of Boston. Though I am not sure of specific spots, we were never at a loss for a place to eat or grab a drink.

Matt

New: '02 WJ Limited 4.7L, Stock for now
mr_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2006, 05:51 PM   #12
Wrangler04for40
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the great ideas.

My Jeep

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.