Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Bob J- re queston

731 views 14 replies 2 participants last post by  CETROV 
#1 ·
How does the RE 4 1/2 work on the street, I read a review on the re and the terra - they said the re is better in the dirt and not so good on the road- tippy is what they said- also not so stable on the freeway, didn't track well, I was thinking maybe they didn't have it set up right, I want the re and am just about to order it. how is it on the street???

Kirk

#2 ·
There are so many kits to look at and they all claim to be the best- I was looking at what they came with the the re seemed to be one of the most complete.
I'm going to get the sye and shaft and the same time. don't want any wobble- I drive this thing 150 miles a day to and from work- commuting sucks!
I was looking at the RE super flex 4 1/2 in lift.

Kirk

#3 · (Edited)
CETROV said:
There are so many kits to look at and they all claim to be the best- I was looking at what they came with the the re seemed to be one of the most complete.
I'm going to get the sye and shaft and the same time. don't want any wobble- I drive this thing 150 miles a day to and from work- commuting sucks!
I was looking at the RE super flex 4 1/2 in lift.

Kirk
from everything I have "heard" when you go this high (5"+) you really need the long arms if you want to maintain good on road characteristics. Short arms are go for 3"-4.5" but just wont cut if or anything height. They do work but the ride wont be as god as it could be. Just what I heard...

#5 ·
Included in the kit are Rubicon’s Super-Flex control arms, a unique adjustable control arm designed to increase flexibility and isolate the body from road noise. Also included are 4.5" springs and shocks, brake lines, and an adjustable front trackbar. With the 4.5" spring, this system will clear 33" tires easily and 35" tires with the inclusion of a 1" body lift. The 3.5" spring will clear 33" tires.

#6 ·
Component Quantity
COIL SPRINGS TJ 4.5" FRONT 1
COIL SPRINGS TJ 4.5" REAR 1
BUMP STOP 2" FRT XJ/ZJ/TJ 1
BUMP STOP 1.5" REAR TJ 1
TRACK BAR BRACKET TJ REAR 1
TRACK BAR XJ/MJ/ZJ/TJ 3"+ 1
BRAKE LINE SS TJ+3" FRONT PR 1
CONTROL ARM SF2 LOWER FIXED 2
T-CASE LOWERING KIT YJ/TJ 1" 1
CONTROL ARM SF2 UPPER FT ADJ 1
CONTROL ARM SF2 UPPER RR ADJ 1
S/B END LINKS REAR TJ 1
SWAY BAR DISC SET W/ 8" CENT 1
SWAY BAR DISCONNECT ADAPTER BRACKET TJ-ZJ 96+

#7 ·
CETROV said:
Included in the kit are Rubicon's Super-Flex control arms, a unique adjustable control arm designed to increase flexibility and isolate the body from road noise. Also included are 4.5" springs and shocks, brake lines, and an adjustable front trackbar. With the 4.5" spring, this system will clear 33" tires easily and 35" tires with the inclusion of a 1" body lift. The 3.5" spring will clear 33" tires.
Do you work for them:D :p ?

tell me you copied that from thier website.;)

#8 ·
RE7204 Components Component Quantity
COIL SPRINGS TJ 4.5" FRONT 1
COIL SPRINGS TJ 4.5" REAR 1
BUMP STOP 2" FRT XJ/ZJ/TJ 1
BUMP STOP 1.5" REAR TJ 1
TRACK BAR DROP BRACKET TJ FRT. 1
TRACK BAR TJ REAR ADJUSTABLE 1
TRACK BAR BRACKET CV TJ REAR 1
TRACK BAR TJ FRT. EXTRM DUTY 1
BRAKE LINE SS REAR TJ 1
BRAKE LINES SS FT XJ/MJ/ZJ/C 1
PITMAN ARM YJ/TJ P/S 1
X-DUTY X-MEMBER STOCK TRAN/TRANSFER CASE 1
X-DUTY CONTROL ARM FT LOW LEFT 1
S/B END LINKS REAR TJ 1
X-DUTY CONTROL ARM FT LOW RIGHT 1
X-DUTY CONTROL ARM FT UP PAIR 1
X-DUTY CONTROL ARM RR LOW PAIR 1
X-DUTY CONTROL ARM RR UP PAIR 1
SWAY BAR DISC SET W/ 8" CENT 1
SWAY BAR DISCONNECT ADAPTER BRACKET TJ-ZJ 96+ 1
TJ REAR SHOCK RELOCATION MOUNTS 1

#11 ·
I'd hate to spend the money on something that I'm not going to be happy with, I want to have good road handleing- that is a must- I go down a twisty mountain road everyday and enjoy the sport car handleing of my jeep the way it is now- I don't have to brake for the turns and don' t want to.

#13 ·
3290 Monier Circle #100, Rancho Cordova, CA, 95742
916.858.8575 Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm, Saturday 10am

Not a bad Idea- but then you get the opinion of someone who works there. they won't tell you the bad things,

I'll call em. thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.