Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Blizzard Warning

5K views 118 replies 49 participants last post by  WillysJeeper 
#1 · (Edited)
Blizzard Warning AGAIN, Round TWO!!

God I love Colorado............

A BLIZZARD WARNING has been issued for the I-25 corridor from Monument Hill northward through Denver, Fort Collins and Cheyenne as well as the adjacent plains. Snow will intensify through the day with the heaviest snowfall this afternoon, and tonight. Snow could fall at a rate of 1-2 inches per hour at times. We are expecting 16-24 inches of snow in Denver from this Blizzard by early Thursday. The Front Range foothills and mountains could see up to three feet. A northerly wind of 20-30 mph and gusts over 40 mph will create blowing and drifting snow.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

#2 ·
2 feet by tomorow morning is the latest i have heard!!!!!!! WOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

except i drove to my parents house last night in highlands ranch and i have to work in boulder at 5 tonight, i heard they might be closing roads by then, uh oh.....

#5 ·
I'll post pics of me checking my mail....on my SNOWMOBILE.

:thumbsup:

#6 ·
YOu guys suck, I wish we would get that in KS saturday afternoon (after I get home from Chicago).

#8 ·
bono426 said:
yea its supposed to rain on christmas. i hate global warming
I like it--no need to plow rain :D

#9 ·
Sweet! I grew up in FC, and I've driven Monument Hill in the winter, as well as over I-70. That's such a great state and I'm jealous! Too bad when I lived in CO I was into sports cars more then Jeeps. :rolleyes:

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

#10 ·
Bout 5" in the DTC already..........snowing sideways.......Office is closing at noon............

<does snow dance>

:cool:

#16 ·
Wife's office closed. She left Ft. Collins an hour ago and was about 2/3 to Greeley when she last called. Normally the trip is 45 min.
Snowing like crazy and sideways here. Can't see the dealership on the lot across the street from ours. Snow is piling up fast.

#17 ·
:(

i want some..poeple say that global warming is affecting us in the lower NY regein but i say bs on that..its just the way the cookie crumbles..some years we get killed..sometimes like this year i was in shorts 2 weeks ago

#18 ·
We're sitting at about 5-6" in Wheat Ridge right now. I think I might make this a half day, and go play in the snow before the sun goes down...

#20 ·
ArloGuthroJeep said:
Don't worry Ben, there is about 1/16" of snow in Boulder right now...it is freaking slick though.
not cool, i would rather stay down here and try to finish this stupid thing....

i think they made my skid/hitch harder to install, or atleast stupider, than yours.... :brickwall

#22 ·
CTO just mailed us letting us know that we should work harder, not take a snow day:rolleyes:
OurCTO said:
Everyone,
Looks like the weather man may be right and we are in for a whopper of a storm. So, please be sure to take the appropriate action for leaving work in a timely manner and not get stuck on the road. (If you live far away you may want to leave early).
Also, everyone should plan on the chance that you cannot make it in to work tomorrow, but unlike your kid's schools (if you have kids) we still have to work. So, please send IT a note (PCHELP) to get information on the VPN so that if needed you can work remote or take work home with you this evening - even you EJ.
We are 11 days from the end of the calendar year and that mean manufacturing will be building everything they can; please make sure you are available to answer their questions during this time too. Ditto for Support.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.