blizzard in northeast - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > blizzard in northeast

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 02-17-2003, 05:25 PM   #1
01xjrock

blizzard in northeast

Here as the jersey shore... we have accumlated about 2 feet of snow.. maybe oly 20 inches.. but with huge snow drifts. When I woke up and found out that my dad didn't steal my jeep to get to work.. I had to be the first one out on the unplowed streets... my stock jeep with 25k miles on the stock tires amazed some of the neighbors that were out plowing their driveway... I was able to get out of my untouched driveway with little trouble and cirlcle the neighborhood. My goal was to drive up and down the driveway so I didn't have to shovel so much.. but on the way back up I did get stuck For the first time I had to dig myself out. Regardless.. the neighbors were still impressed that I even was able to move the jeep at all... they underestimate its powers. hehe..

I was disappointed when I entered back into the house and my Mom asked where I had been for so long... I thought she would have had to of heard the racket of all 4 wheels spinning and engine howling.. but she said no.. that was dissapointing.. need to make myself louder and more obnoxious.

*Disclaimer... you notice I live with the parents.. I am 20 and attend a local university

JVC SH707, stinger rca's and monster cables, JL slash series amps, JL TR interiors, Kicker L7 sub. Wet Okole seat covers, Class III hitch, Flowmaster Delta 40 series and K&N style intake, tow hooks, 2 inch BB, cross drilled rotors, 30" BFG AT/KO, some cheap pep boys driving beams. Next on the list: OME 2" spring lift, real K&N FIPK, locker? (I wish)
01xjrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2003, 06:37 PM   #2
XJae

Two feet here too. (Central NJ, exactly between NYC and Philly)
No one on the streets except Jeeps, snowplows and emergency vehicles.
Unread 02-17-2003, 07:05 PM   #3
97cherokee

i am in maryland, BWI airport got 26.6" and its down the road from my house, the jeep be beasting it though, havent got stuck yet and i have been driving around almost constantly.

1997 Cherokee Sport 2 door. FOR SALE, rolled. drove it home. Drives perfect needs a windshield/rear side window, or for parts! RE 3.5 SuperFlex, RE SYE, RE HD Trackbar, ARB Bullbar+Warn M8000, C4x4 rear bumper, 5 speed, power options, ecco wheels and spare, 2nd Gen RE swaybar discos, OME shocks(1 week old), 31" BFG All terrains on black wagon wheels(4 months old), mopar skids, class 3 hidden hitch, CB w/ PA horn, 102" whip antenna (cool)
97cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2003, 07:58 PM   #4
jon campbell

THIS HAS BEEN A SAD COUPLE OF DAYS FOR ME ... I LIVE NEAR PITTSBURGH AND WE HAVE ABOUT 18INCHES AND I HAVE NO TRUCK. ITS IN THE GARAGE GETTING A LIFT PUT ON IT. WHAT TIMING. I GET IT BACK FRIDAY AND I SURE HOPE THE SNOW DOESNT MELT!
[SIZE=1]94 XJ 4.0 HO/inline 6 5sp Rusty's 6.5" lift w/ 2" spacers, Rustys steering conversion, RE Control arm drop brackets, RE Hack n Tap SYE, Tom Woods Driveshaft, 33" Tires, 4.56 gears, TJ fender flares, BPI Front winch bumper, CRS rear bumper, K&N air filter, Flowmaster exhaust, M.O.R.E "bomb proof" motor mounts, Surco roof rack [/SIZE]

[B]MY PICS[/B]
www.northeastcrawlers.com/rides/jon.htm

[B]MEMBERS OF...[/B]
NORTHEASTCRAWLERS.COM
BLWA.ORG (BLACKLISTWHEELERSASSOC.)
jon campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2003, 07:59 PM   #5
LOCKED UP
Senior Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

We haven't gotten any yet.....

98 XJ
LOCKED UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2003, 08:10 PM   #6
GrantMLS

I was just in Baton Rouge this past weekend for a race and damn was it nice and warm! 80 degrees and loven it till the rain came!

2000 Jeep XJ 4.0 4x4 Classic bone stock for da road

www.mlsracing.com
GrantMLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2003, 08:16 PM   #7
LOCKED UP
Senior Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, we get snow all the time, but it only comes unmelted about once every 5 years....

98 XJ
LOCKED UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2003, 08:17 PM   #8
01xjrock

even though snow can be a pain in the arse (shoveling a big long driveway when you know your car doesn't need it) it is still fun to get out and have some good CLEAN fun... snow flying off all 4 wheels... I much prefer it to mudding, for obvious reasons.
JVC SH707, stinger rca's and monster cables, JL slash series amps, JL TR interiors, Kicker L7 sub. Wet Okole seat covers, Class III hitch, Flowmaster Delta 40 series and K&N style intake, tow hooks, 2 inch BB, cross drilled rotors, 30" BFG AT/KO, some cheap pep boys driving beams. Next on the list: OME 2" spring lift, real K&N FIPK, locker? (I wish)
Unread 02-17-2003, 08:30 PM   #9
01xjrock

ehh.. even though it is gettin kinda late.. maybe I should take FULL advantage of the snow.. I am gonna go do some sled towin, or whatever you call it (gonna tie some rope to my hitch and whip some friends around that are on some sleds... should be fun )
Unread 02-17-2003, 08:36 PM   #10
bassicrob

Here on the south shore of L.I., NY, we're looking at somewhere around 2-3', with drifts up to 4'.

My backyard. The BBQ has been almost buried, and the arms of the chair are almost still visible:

My side yard. Notice the table? And the falling fence from te weight of the drifts? Luckily, there is one on the other side too holding it up

Here's a pic of my driveway. We've been snowblowing it all day. It has about 4" on it there:

My XJ was able to pull right out in 4 wheel part time. My sis's Blazer was stuck and she was pretty much all dug out. The diver;s side of mine was one big snow drift up to the tops of the tires.
Proud Survivor of a Rollover!! :) Flip & Roll Club Member #2

[B]Daily Driver:[/B] 2006 Volvo S40
[URL=http://www.longislandjeepers.com/gallery/BassicRobs-93-XJ]PICS[/URL]
[url]www.photograph-ny.com[/url]
bassicrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2003, 10:42 PM   #11
chino85

I'm in Winchester, VA and our "official" total was 30". It's pretty crazy. The ol' XJ is having no problems in it though. The snow does make me want a locker extremely bad though!
chino85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2003, 10:55 PM   #12
Swamp Boy
1993 ZJ 

Hey brcomputer. Are you going to bring your snow parka to Holly Beach? LOL
Man I love the south..
Of course in 4 months I will be saying " Man I hate the South!,Why does it have to be 104 at 8AM"
Unread 02-18-2003, 12:40 AM   #13
Ghetto2315
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey 01xjrock, we only got 2 feet of snow becuase we are sooo close to the shore. I live in Rumson, NJ and heard it was still pretty bad. I'm at school in Connecticut now... its its nothing but hills over here... so the streets are barely plowed!

2001 TJ SAHARA - STONE WHITE - 4.0L - 5MT
( ) |||||||| ( )
Ghetto2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2003, 12:44 AM   #14
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

moving this to gen disc

EricsXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2003, 07:28 PM   #15
Scafone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Darn it, we haven't even had a 2 foot storm Upper Michigan this year yet! We've had a lot, but it's practically all been lake-effect.

I don't like this El Nino thing. At least that's what I heard is causing everything to go below us. Can anyone confirm this?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
--Thomas Jefferson
Scafone is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.