Best rental car ever! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Best rental car ever!

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 07-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #31
Zooshoveller
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper

Well, if you have multiple kids I'd honestly for go a JKU. Slap some Rubicon tires and wheels on it, and a small budget boost, you're good to go.

Now if the family doesn't care about space or creature comforts... YJ all the way.
I can get a YJ for way less than a JK! And low price trumps comfort! LOL

8 year old twins will fit just fine in the back

Zooshoveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #32
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooshoveller View Post

I'd look at TJs. Personally, in the category of Wranglers, you couldn't pay me to drive anything older than a TJ.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #33
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooshoveller View Post

Yup, in your case, I'd go YJ. Seems like cost of maintenance and repair is a big factor possibly as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier93 View Post
I'd look at TJs. Personally, in the category of Wranglers, you couldn't pay me to drive anything older than a TJ.
I'm curious why you say such things.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #34
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuder
I've never seen so many posts deleted before in GD. Someone give us some cliff notes.
Haha one guy drove home from a bar drunk and another guy called him out about being dumb.
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #35
Hurley91

Quote:

Well, if you have multiple kids I'd honestly for go a JKU. Slap some Rubicon tires and wheels on it, and a small budget boost, you're good to go.

Now if the family doesn't care about space or creature comforts... YJ all the way.
I miss my YJ. I had a TJ, but it just wasn't the same. I'll buy a YJ soon again, but it won't be my only vehicle.... Efff that.

Sent from my iPhone down by the Bay.
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #36
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

in 88 I got a forced upgrade to a Grand prix It had 134 miles on it when I picked it up, that was the year Motor Trend called it car of the year. I had it for two weeks in northern california. It came back a lot worse for wear.

In 2002 I rented a Licoln Town Car Presidential for the family vacation to Sedona AZ. Sweet ride and if anyone knows the area We took in on Schnebbly road by accident. You should have seen the faces of the people in the Pink Jeep tours as we passed them going into town

All cars are 4wd if they are rentals!
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #37
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadslram

All cars are 4wd if they are rentals!
This is the best advice on the forum!
Unread 07-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #38
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley91 View Post
I miss my YJ. I had a TJ, but it just wasn't the same. I'll buy a YJ soon again, but it won't be my only vehicle.... Efff that.

Once I get my YJ running again, I'm gonna buy a 90s model Dodge Ram 2500 with a Cummins as its back up. Because when it breaks, or there's snow... ain't no way in hell I'm driving it.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #39
Hurley91

Quote:

Once I get my YJ running again, I'm gonna buy a 90s model Dodge Ram 2500 with a Cummins as its back up. Because when it breaks, or there's snow... ain't no way in hell I'm driving it.
I didn't mind driving in the snow, it was the mornings where it was -25*c without the windchill. I miss my YJ.

Unread 07-09-2013, 04:35 AM   #40
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilJeeper View Post
My exact setup
90YJ and a 99 2500
The YJ is street legal but if I'm wheeling anywhere further than 1/2 hr away it sure is nice to throw it on a trailer and travel in quiet air conditioned comfort plus I get better milage in the truck with trailer than I do with the YJ and if I break something I can still get everything and everyone home.
Unread 07-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #41
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

In 2001 I went to Hawaii for 3 weeks and got a white 2000 Sahara... Man was that thing a blast! And I beat the crap out of it! Needless when I got back to mainland I bought my 99 Sahara!
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #42
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I found proof Lincolns can wheel if your dumb enough to trust maps and lucky enough to have had the trail scraped the week before.
schnebbley.jpg  
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #43
austin6137
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I have a buddy that smashed his cobalt, they gave him VW Jetta this was like a 2011 really nice car had the sport mode shifter deal. Anyway at the time my ax15 took a dump, well I had given my mother the money for the replacement Trans and ask her to pick it up while I was at work. Well my buddy offered to drive her down to the salvage yard in the Jetta. They put it in the trunk of the car, well apparently the yard didn't drain the oil. Needless to say brand new Jetta with about 3qts of 75-90w all over the trunk thankfully it had black carpet. I'm willing to bet that car still stinks to this day.
90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
austin6137 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.