Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Best place to get M416 type trailer, and what to look for

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  mattman8706 
#1 ·
I've been wanting an M416 1/4 ton type trailer for the longest time. I've heard to check ebay and craigslist, but wonder if that's the best place to get them. Do they show up at any sort of govt auctions frequently? I understand typical going rate for a nice one is ~$800, right? Anything in particular I should be looking at when I check one out?

#5 ·
"LOT (40) TIRES LOCATED AT FT. LEWIS, WA. TIRES ARE GOODYEAR 37X12. 50R16. 5 AND 36X12. 5R16. 5 WRANGLERS MOUNTED ON EIGHT LUG RIMS. STACKED ON 10 PALLETS. POC FOR SALE IS JOHN MILLER (602)377-6272. PICTURES ARE OF ACTUAL PRODUCT, MUTILATION IS NOT REQUIRED."

They have alot of tires, some of which are 37's. ....

#3 ·
Found mine

I got mine off craigslist. I would log in and check everytime I sat down at computer. This one showed up other night. Called the guy up.. He said wow I just posted it.. $400 bucks..

#11 ·
what is so special about THIS particular model of trailer? other than being old? I dont see anything that most of us couldnt build (with improvements) for less money... :dunno:

Can someone 'splain it to me? Please?
I can only speak for myself, but for me it's just that I need a trailer that exact size, and I love surplus military gear. I'd like to find a clean straight one, and then restore it back to original issue condition, complete with OD green paint, white star, and numbering. The fact that they can keep up on the way to the campsite if you need to take a "shortcut" is a plus.

#8 ·
'cause they were made to be hauled around behind military jeeps. They are the 'jeep' of trailers.

...but I'm sure you could strap one to the back of your bicycle too.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.