Best Jeep ever made? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Best Jeep ever made?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

View Poll Results: Which is the best jeep?
TJ 37 45.68%
YJ 26 32.10%
ZJ 4 4.94%
XJ 14 17.28%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 10-02-2003, 07:25 PM   #76
surfzup2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grand
Im sorry that your so jealous of all the TJ and Grand owners that have money to modify there jeeps. Get your head out of your *** and realize your jeep isnt the best.
where the hell does it say "my jeep is the best" ? NOWHERE

I more refered prices of TJ and CJ/YJ because you were talking so much **** about "who would be the best with 10g's invested" If you hve 10g's all you need is a frame and body

2" hd shackles
locked 8.8 Rearend
4.56's
cut fender flares
pics... http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289103901
[COLOR=white]White Jeep Club Member #112[/COLOR]
surfzup2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2003, 07:40 PM   #77
Big Grand

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfzup2k
where the hell does it say "my jeep is the best" ? NOWHERE

I more refered prices of TJ and CJ/YJ because you were talking so much **** about "who would be the best with 10g's invested" If you hve 10g's all you need is a frame and body
I wasnt the one the posted the 10g's that was someone else. If I had 10g's I would buy a buggy and skip jeeps all together. Just cause you cant take the fact that leaf springs are far inferior to a coil sprung jeep.
Big Grand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2003, 09:38 PM   #78
RideRed04

Leafs are very capable of flex. It wasn't untill someone decided trackbars where needed that flex became a non issue. I can stuff my tires in the rear fenders, and the fronts if I disco the swaybar anytime I want. What more flex do you need? If I lift, I get more travel. My 4" lift costs $500. What is it for a TJ? The thought was posted, what if money wasn't an issue? Well, Honestly we wouldn't be in jeeps if money wasn't an issue, or rather, this question wouldnt be posted. Its an issue of bang for the buck. The YJ has replaced the CJ-7 as the "not old enugh to be really valuable yet, but still has a huge aftermarket, and a good base to start on" model. If you want to get into jeeping on summer wages while you go to school (which is alot of jeepers), the YJ is really the most logical choice. Still new enugh to be reliable. Old enugh to be easy to work on. Cheap to mod. That is why I have square headlights. In a few years, the TJ will begin to fill the shoes of the YJ. Remember when the CJ-7 wasn't looked at as a real jeep for off road? Everyone got used CJ-5's...It's ongoing. Well, I'm tired and rambling. I love my YJ and wouldn't trade it for any other jeep. Isn't that what the whole hobby is about?
Unread 10-02-2003, 10:56 PM   #79
young yeller
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRed04
Leafs are very capable of flex. It wasn't untill someone decided trackbars where needed that flex became a non issue. I can stuff my tires in the rear fenders, and the fronts if I disco the swaybar anytime I want. What more flex do you need? If I lift, I get more travel. My 4" lift costs $500. What is it for a TJ? The thought was posted, what if money wasn't an issue? Well, Honestly we wouldn't be in jeeps if money wasn't an issue, or rather, this question wouldnt be posted. Its an issue of bang for the buck. The YJ has replaced the CJ-7 as the "not old enugh to be really valuable yet, but still has a huge aftermarket, and a good base to start on" model. If you want to get into jeeping on summer wages while you go to school (which is alot of jeepers), the YJ is really the most logical choice. Still new enugh to be reliable. Old enugh to be easy to work on. Cheap to mod. That is why I have square headlights. In a few years, the TJ will begin to fill the shoes of the YJ. Remember when the CJ-7 wasn't looked at as a real jeep for off road? Everyone got used CJ-5's...It's ongoing. Well, I'm tired and rambling. I love my YJ and wouldn't trade it for any other jeep. Isn't that what the whole hobby is about?
-Well put. I agree with you 100%.

I have a question for the rest of you who bicker about this retarded debate. Do you simply get riled up by some guy having a different opinion about your favorite flavor Jeep, or are you just the type who will blindly hate the other Jeeps that in your humble opinions, "Aren't real Jeeps"?
I'm not trying to flame anybody, I seriously wonder if any of you in the second category are willing to admit that that's really how you feel.
Yellow Jeep Club Member #5
young yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2003, 12:45 AM   #80
my_tj

i agree with both of you above me - it's a jeep. that being said, feel free to have your preference, just don't expect everybody else to agree with you. if you want to put out specs, do so in a way that doesn't demean the preferences of everybody else. your ideas goes across far better when they aren't coupled with 'coils are s***' or 'square headlights suck ***' and **** like that. my jeep is my baby. i'm sure the same holds true for alot of people on here. don't go insulting what they like.

of course, that's just my opinion, i could be wrong...

but i doubt it.

[color=red][B]RED jeep club member #72[/B][/color]
Follow me to Certain Death member #14
my_tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2003, 07:04 AM   #81
Lady Liberty
2006 TJ Wrangler 

This was my first Jeep and I still miss it.

My next Jeep was a 1989 Grand Wagoneer and now I am a happy owner of a 2002 Wrangler X and a 2002 Liberty Limited. All Jeeps are great!
[COLOR=red]BIG GUNS[/COLOr] & [COLOR=white]JEEP OWNERS[/COLOR] OF [COLOR=blue]AMERICA CLUB[/COLOR] Member#7
[URL=http://www.newjo.org/NEWJO/home.html]NEWJO[/URL]

Last edited by Lady Liberty; 10-03-2003 at 08:00 AM..
Lady Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2003, 07:21 AM   #82
RIOGRANDE

IMO if you are talking stock out of the box and performance the Rubicon. I am impartial to the YJ it's what I have. I see them as more rugged than the TJ. If you want to start putting money into the equation it's any bodies game .

Remember just IMO
Green Jeep Club Member #61
Maryland Jeep Club Member #3
'95 Green YJ Rio Grande
4 Cyl, Auto, Akimoto Funnel Ram Air Intake, BORLA Exhaust, 2" Shackle Lift, 30" Futura Enforcer's M/T on Outlaw II's, Bestop Soft Top, Slider Half Windows, SS Step Bars, Xenon Extended Flares.
SOLD
RIOGRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2003, 07:54 AM   #83
dzp

I voted for the TJ because from the factory, the TJ has the most technology and knowledge put into it. I've got alot of respect for the older Jeeps, but saying that making a modern vehicle is wrong is off. Do you carry that philosophy to the rest of your life? Obviously not as you have a computer. Probably a new cell phone, big TV, DVD player, indoor plumbing, ect. Are these inferior because they have better technology? Do you want to go back to boiling water over a fire to warm your once a month bath?

Now please dont take this as a personal attack. I do not mean it as so. Just wanted to make a point. Newer is not always better, but it is more often than not.

I would love to have an old flatty or CJ to build. I am sure that I could make it wheel better than my TJ, but not with keeping it original either.
[URL=http://www.dzpdrafting.com]DZP Drafting & Fabrication[/URL]
[URL=http://www.jeepet.com]Jeeps of East Texas Club[/URL]
[URL=http://www.tkff.com]Tyler Kung Fu & Fitness[/URL]
dzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2003, 08:03 AM   #84
Pilky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzp
I voted for the TJ because from the factory, the TJ has the most technology and knowledge put into it. I've got alot of respect for the older Jeeps, but saying that making a modern vehicle is wrong is off. Do you carry that philosophy to the rest of your life? Obviously not as you have a computer. Probably a new cell phone, big TV, DVD player, indoor plumbing, ect. Are these inferior because they have better technology? Do you want to go back to boiling water over a fire to warm your once a month bath?

Now please dont take this as a personal attack. I do not mean it as so. Just wanted to make a point. Newer is not always better, but it is more often than not.

I would love to have an old flatty or CJ to build. I am sure that I could make it wheel better than my TJ, but not with keeping it original either.
Your calling my YJ to an equivalent of a record player??~!

Nah man i total agree with you.

Thats why i said i'd take any 4.0 Wrangler 91 and up. I personaly like the look of the YJ better, but unlike most other here like the inside of the TJ.

Like i said before any 91+ Wrangler.
Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2003, 08:22 AM   #85
dzp

Not record players, CD's LOL
IMO=
TJ = MP3 / MiniDisc
YJ = CD's
CJ7 = Tapes
CJ5 = 8 track
earlier = Records

J/K

----------------------
If you love it, then dont change it. Your likes / dislikes / opinions are what make you human and unique. Just dont try to force them on others.
----------------------
[URL=http://www.dzpdrafting.com]DZP Drafting & Fabrication[/URL]
[URL=http://www.jeepet.com]Jeeps of East Texas Club[/URL]
[URL=http://www.tkff.com]Tyler Kung Fu & Fitness[/URL]
dzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2003, 10:05 AM   #86
XJ99
Aviator Brew

2006 XK Commander 

When I was first Jeep shopping I was looking at the ZJ's. Money was a factor so I ended up with the XJ with NO regrets! I love the XJ because it is so versatile. It's small for trails and still holds all my stuff. I would still like to get a ZJ I'm working on selling the wifes Honda (all stock no fart pipe!) and getting a ZJ. The only thing is, it's kinda cool that the Honda is paid for and if/when I get a ZJ I will have another car payment. Oh as for the poll I couldn't choose I like them all! If I had the cash I would take one of each!

Jeeps Rule!!!
Unread 09-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #87
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Big Grand, you named the thread incorrectly. Maybe you can get a mod to change it. It should read what is the second best jeep ever made. Because we all know that the Jeepster Commando was without a doubt the greatest jeep ever made everything else is a follower.
402450_10150449009296879_121468456878_9040339_430858739_n.jpg  

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #88
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
Big Grand, you named the thread incorrectly. Maybe you can get a mod to change it. It should read what is the second best jeep ever made. Because we all know that the Jeepster Commando was without a doubt the greatest jeep ever made everything else is a follower.
As much as I agree with you, the last post before yours was ten years ago. I'm just going to close the thread now that the "voting bumps a poll thread" bug has been fixed.

On second thought, let it die on its own.
Unread 09-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #89
CrustySprings
1985 CJ7 

Where is the CJ 7 poll option? Without one, the poll is invalid. Just saying.
258 cu. inch six, Team Rush ignition upgrade, T5, Dana 300, Superwinch lockouts, Black Diamond 3" suspension lift, greasable shackles, poly bushings, JKS quick discos, 32x11.50x15 Cooper STT's, American Racing 23 15x8 alloys, Uniden Pro 520XL CB radio, 2' adjustable tip Firestick antenna, Viair 460 onboard air system
CrustySprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #90
firefighter315
I got a brain sneeze....

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Holy crap Grape! You had to stretch WAAAY back to find this one.

****** **** must be slow....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.