Best Jeep ever made? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Best Jeep ever made?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

View Poll Results: Which is the best jeep?
TJ 37 45.68%
YJ 26 32.10%
ZJ 4 4.94%
XJ 14 17.28%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 10-02-2003, 02:29 PM   #46
WesternJeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
I'm sure it will E-thug.
Im taking it you dont like ZJ's? Man I thought his was pretty nice compared to what I have seen before.

WesternJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2003, 02:30 PM   #47
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternJeeper
Damn nice looking Flat Fender there. Now the ZJ issue, Did you buy it to just tow?
very light towing, it was mainly to be a daily driver but was piss poor. I had tranny, AC and radiator problems all in one year of ownership. IT is ok though, live and learn i guess. It just bugs me when people try to act like those things can tow
tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2003, 02:37 PM   #48
Quan

I'd take a CJ over a stupid minivan dash any day. Real jeeps have leaf springs, real jeeps dont have minivan dashes... given, the yj does have a plastic dash... but at least its not all bubbled out like a minivan

down with bubbly minivan dashes, up with leaf springs and metal dashes.

[b][COLOR=green]Green[/color] Jeep Club Member #15[/b]
[b]My Jeep Made Me Broke Club Member #2[/b]

93 YJ I-6 w/ stuff

Keep the [COLOR=blue]greasy[/color] side down
[URL=http://members.cox.net/quanno/ford88.html]FORD 8.8 INFO HERE![/URL]
Quan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2003, 02:37 PM   #49
WesternJeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by big yj
very light towing, it was mainly to be a daily driver but was piss poor. I had tranny, AC and radiator problems all in one year of ownership. IT is ok though, live and learn i guess. It just bugs me when people try to act like those things can tow
I know about 5 guys that have them and none uses them for towing anything, that is way I asked. Bet you were glad to get rid of w/all those problems.

I would love to own that one that guy posted here, maybe one day.
Unread 10-02-2003, 02:45 PM   #50
WesternJeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quan
I'd take a CJ over a stupid minivan dash any day. Real jeeps have leaf springs, real jeeps dont have minivan dashes... given, the yj does have a plastic dash... but at least its not all bubbled out like a minivan

down with bubbly minivan dashes, up with leaf springs and metal dashes.
Well put, but do we HAVE to include YJ's? and my $.02 is who needs a dash anyway?
Unread 10-02-2003, 02:55 PM   #51
Brock

Quote:
Im taking it you dont like ZJ's? Man I thought his was pretty nice compared to what I have seen before.

I don't give two rips about ZJs. My previous '99 4x4 WJ was such a piece of crap that we made Chrysler refund our money after 6 months under the state's lemon laws because of at least ten different wiring and computer problems. I expected a whole lot more for 39K.
Pretty nice?? Who cares? Some guy trying to spout off about how his ride can "walk circles" around something doesn't say very much to me. Internet trash talkers are either insecure or immature.
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2003, 03:00 PM   #52
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I personally like the CJ-8. never ran one, but I think it could be a real nice build.

My .02

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2003, 03:03 PM   #53
WesternJeeper

Quote:
I don't give two rips about ZJs. My previous '99 4x4 WJ was such a piece of crap that we made Chrysler refund our money after 6 months under the state's lemon laws because of at least ten different wiring and computer problems. I expected a whole lot more for 39K.
Pretty nice?? Who cares? Some guy trying to spout off about how his ride can "walk circles" around something doesn't say very much to me. Internet trash talkers are either insecure or immature.

Sorry didnt know you had issues. Talk to someone and maybe they can help. Boy I heard this was a nice/fun board. Guess if you arent in the click or have an opinion you get flamed
Unread 10-02-2003, 03:06 PM   #54
WesternJeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TellyDSP
I personally like the CJ-8. never ran one, but I think it could be a real nice build.

My .02
Now that would be perfect. That, EFI,Dana 60's,Atlas ahhh man.
Unread 10-02-2003, 03:17 PM   #55
Brock

Quote:
Sorry didnt know you had issues. Talk to someone and maybe they can help. Guess if you arent in the click or have an opinion you get flamed
Issues? What are you referring to? Type what you want. It is a nice/fun board. Maybe one day you can get "in the click or have an opinion" without getting flamed. Whatever.
Unread 10-02-2003, 03:20 PM   #56
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TellyDSP

My .02
Give me a Scrambler with the drivetrain out of a J20. 401 ci, th400, quadratrac, dana 44/60 f/r. Throw a fuel injection kit and a soa lift and your set.
Unread 10-02-2003, 03:21 PM   #57
Big Grand

Are you kidding me, you bought a Grand Cherokee with intentions to tow something? Everyone knows they cant tow.
Big Grand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2003, 03:27 PM   #58
WesternJeeper

Quote:
Issues? What are you referring to? Type what you want. It is a nice/fun board. Maybe one day you can get "in the click or have an opinion" without getting flamed. Whatever.
Oh I think you know what im talking about. You made my point exactly. Ok I guess Ill have to get my "crew" to join here and there will be enough of us that we can have a click all of our own and we too will be as cool as you and pick on people.
Unread 10-02-2003, 03:28 PM   #59
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grand
Are you kidding me, you bought a Grand Cherokee with intentions to tow something? Everyone knows they cant tow.
Like I said, live and learn. And for the record if you look around on the forums you will hear alot of people quoting the tow ratings on those things and saying they are great tow rigs. I bought into the misinformation and regret it. BTW This was just flat towing, and the grand cherokee suck at it. But what should i expect, i could not get it to perform under its own weight when not towing anything. Biggest pos i have ever owned.

"are you kidding me, you bought a Grand Cherokee with intensions of wheeling? Everyone knows they can't wheel"

j/k
tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2003, 03:32 PM   #60
Big Grand

Quote:
Originally Posted by big yj
"are you kidding me, you bought a Grand Cherokee with intensions of wheeling? Everyone knows they can't wheel"

j/k
LOL, we all know this isnt true
Big Grand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.