Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Best impact wrench under 200$

2K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  ashland82391 
#1 ·
I've been wanting an impact for awhile but I don't know which ones are good.

I'm looking for a cordless, preferably 3/8 drive, and one with decent ft lbs.

Thanks for any and all opinions!

#4 ·
If your using it for like heavy duty work i would look into phenumtic if you can. And also 1/2 drive. But on the other hand i also have a ryobi 1/2 drive 18V impact wrench and i love it. The thing is suprisingly powerfull, but still isnt as strong as the air powered ones. I find the batt powered one to be very handy when not inside the garage also. And its alot more convienet to use versus the air. No hose and alot lighter. It makes it easier when you have to reach up high or your using it for a long time.

#26 ·
All this talk of cordless... what about a corded drill? Any real dis/advantage? I could really use an impact wrench to remove my unit bearings right now, and I don't want to **** with a battery.

#27 ·
I don't think they make corded impacts except for the massive 1/2" drive impacts. Which won't help you at all removing the unit bearings except for taking the big nut off the outer shaft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.