The Best Customer Service! Smittybilt - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > The Best Customer Service! Smittybilt

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 11-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
SH00T3R
1987 YJ Wrangler 

The Best Customer Service! Smittybilt

So as the tittle says. I recently bought a Smittybilt soft top and I am having issues with the zippers coming apart. Yes I know I get what I pay for but I called customer service and tell them the issue. They say to send them some pictures and my receipt and they will send me a new top. Cant beat that kind of service. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another top from them or if your looking for a new one and cant afford best top. Thought Id share.

SH00T3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
SH00T3R
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Oh I can share some pictures later if any of you would like to see.
SH00T3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
mediumdaddy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This is the exact response i got from them on a similar issue. In fact i posted a thread about it a month or two ago. Smitty's customer service is definately top notch.
Utah Jeepcrew #63
mediumdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well it's not like they can go and defend their quality. Just easier for them to give in and replace their already shoddy products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinitous View Post
Well it's not like they can go and defend their quality. Just easier for them to give in and replace their already shoddy products.
Exactly what I was thinking......
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
gloksrule
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Same thing happened to me,they sent me a sweet 30k lb recovery strap and a new top
gloksrule is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
Douglas S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Exactly what I was thinking......
x3

Good thing they have good customer service because you're going to end up using it if you buy one of their products.
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #8
Carnill
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have been having the complete opposite feeling about smitty bilt I bought a winch and a few months later The winch solenoid went out on me as I was using the winch after I got stuck on a large hill. I could not get the winch to go forward or back and my rear tire was wedged behind a rock. I had to pay the offroad park to come get me out since the winch was so tight as soon as we move the jeep at all it slammed into a rock and destroyed my bumper. I was in contact with smitybilt and they replaced my solenoid but when I talk about them replacing my bumper because its the winches fault they will not even reply. I have now been on hold on the phone for over 20 min. I have emailed 2 customer service reps and talked to one but it took him a week to reply and the other hasn't replied at all. If you want good customer service as far as I am concerned right now smitybilt is not the way to go!!!!!
Carnill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #9
Cooneys08JK

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnill View Post
I have been having the complete opposite feeling about smitty bilt I bought a winch and a few months later The winch solenoid went out on me as I was using the winch after I got stuck on a large hill. I could not get the winch to go forward or back and my rear tire was wedged behind a rock. I had to pay the offroad park to come get me out since the winch was so tight as soon as we move the jeep at all it slammed into a rock and destroyed my bumper. I was in contact with smitybilt and they replaced my solenoid but when I talk about them replacing my bumper because its the winches fault they will not even reply. I have now been on hold on the phone for over 20 min. I have emailed 2 customer service reps and talked to one but it took him a week to reply and the other hasn't replied at all. If you want good customer service as far as I am concerned right now smitybilt is not the way to go!!!!!
I mean that's a bit of a stretch. While I agree Smittybilt's stuff is crapola, they fixed the issue that they were directly responsible for. As for your bumper? That really does suck dude but for all they know it was user error or caused previously. I can't blame them for that one...

If you give a mouse a cookie....

'99 Chilli Pepper XJ- Wheeler- BFG ATs, 2 " BB + bolt on stuff
Cooneys08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #10
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Things that you have time to screw around with and won’t leave you stuck in the woods get a smity built and save the $$ if you want. I also have a MV 50 air compressor (which I think is the same as the smitty built one) It actually has been a good compressor. It probably isn’t as fast and may not last as long as a Viair but it is much less money, and if it fails and I can’t air up right away it really isn’t that big of a deal for me.

A winch however is a different story, esp if you wheel alone. Maybe not the best idea but I have headed out on my own before exploring here or there out in the woods and have ended up in a mud puddle that was deeper than it looked. I also live on 24 acres and have gotten stuck pulling out trees and a disc. I have been alone and had to pull out a couple tractors.

I got a smity built cargo net, bought it used for 40 bucks, new still in the box. It hasn't blown off, YET. It is fine as long as I use a few zip ties to keep the straps it tight. It also isn’t a net at all, just fabric with holes cut in it.

It works for me. Had I needed a real net to actually tie something down I would have been very disappointed. It keeps the kids from wanting to hang their hand outside the jeep which is what I was looking for.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #11
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooneys08JK View Post
I mean that's a bit of a stretch. While I agree Smittybilt's stuff is crapola, they fixed the issue that they were directly responsible for. As for your bumper? That really does suck dude but for all they know it was user error or caused previously. I can't blame them for that one...

If you give a mouse a cookie....
?? what happens??

Unread 09-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #12
Cooneys08JK

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
?? what happens??
You didn't read that book?!?!?!

He will want a glass of milk too

Unread 09-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #13
tjcj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooneys08JK View Post

You didn't read that book?!?!?!

He will want a glass of milk too
And if you give him the milk?

Sent from my XT881freeze ray gun using JeepForum
Unread 09-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #14
Cooneys08JK

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcj View Post
And if you give him the milk?

Sent from my XT881freeze ray gun using JeepForum
He will request a straw to drink the milk....and on and on and on

Unread 09-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #15
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

A story about the entitlement attitude.

Tags
customer service , smittybilt , softtop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.