Best Brand of AR-15's? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Best Brand of AR-15's?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 01-23-2010, 10:27 PM   #31
locofife
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Noveske is supposed to be awesome, but it will cost you. With that being said, most of my "frankengun" is built with Stag parts.

locofife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #32
-Deepskyy-
1993 YJ Wrangler 

LMT, Sabre Defense, and Colt are all top shelf. Personally I love my S&W MP15. Its chambered for 5.45X39
I can still find rounds cheaper than 5.56, I just have to look for them. With that being said, I also have a great fondness for my DPMS Panther Lite which is 5.56mm. 4lbs empty and around 7 and a half when its got a full mag in it. Wonderful rifle, stock down to the non removable carry handle. Its a great rifle to train with, especially with a .22lr conversion bolt carrier.

However if I do decide to add another to the stable, I will be building one from scratch rather than paying for a brand name. I wouldn't trade my Smith and Wesson for anything, but it was pricey. Knowing what I do now, I can build a very capable coyote unzipper/paper target menace for under 800 bucks.
-Lt. General Charles, Earl Cornwallis after the battle of Guilford Courthouse NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outatime05 View Post
Females are a dime-a-dozen. Jeeps are forever. Easy choice. Be indispensible or be gone. :wave:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdavetj View Post
We are Jeepforum. We can do the unthinkable. We are Jeep strong. And head stubborn. We are. JEEPFORUM.
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Red Jeep #543
-Deepskyy- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 07:20 AM   #33
green89yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Don't go tooooo secret squirrel on it.

Mall Crawler of the firearm world. It's chambered in .22
WTS: 4.2 parts. Fuel lines, pump, block, head, accessories, just ask
green89yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 10:40 AM   #34
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I only have one, its a Colt. Thats what I would buy again if I didnt live in CA.
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #35
_Kevin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Anybody had any experience with Del-Ton? They're made in NC and it's $750 for a whole rifle.

Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 Rifles

[QUOTE=JeepinSurprise;10042634]Did you really think you were getting a cushy/dry ride when you bought a vehicle with DRAINS on the inside?!?![/QUOTE]
_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #36
ANGJetMech
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDizzle View Post
Anybody had any experience with Del-Ton? They're made in NC and it's $750 for a whole rifle.

Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 Rifles
a dude from work ordered one. They seem legit
[SIZE="3"]"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post"
[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Blue"]Air Force Jeep Club- Tail# JF064NG[/COLOR]

[SIZE="4"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Black Bettys Build Thread[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] -----> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752646[/url][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
ANGJetMech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #37
Dcomf

Like most have said. Build your own since it is an easy task. There's no need to drink the cool-aid and buy the "top shelf" lower just for the "My pretty pony" logo. The upper is where the accuracy comes from.
Dcomf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #38
wTheOnew
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcomf View Post
Like most have said. Build your own since it is an easy task. There's no need to drink the cool-aid and buy the "top shelf" lower just for the "My pretty pony" logo. The upper is where the accuracy comes from.
So if a lower is mil-spec it should be good to go right? I can find a bunch of stuff at $120+- that I've heard good things about, and quite a few others at $60-90 that are mil-spec but not as well known. I'm trying to build this as cheaply as possible without regretting any of my decisions.

I have noticed that the cheaper the receiver the more ugly and bigger the logo
. .
wTheOnew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #39
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

I've built one with Del-Ton parts. Decent stuff.

Build your own. Join the AR forum, and look at the reviews for the various parts and piece yours together the way you want it. If you are going to buy complete, buy a Colt.

I use mostly Mega Machine for my lowers, and then shop around for the rest of the build.
Unread 01-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #40
ANGJetMech
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTheOnew View Post
So if a lower is mil-spec it should be good to go right? I can find a bunch of stuff at $120+- that I've heard good things about, and quite a few others at $60-90 that are mil-spec but not as well known. I'm trying to build this as cheaply as possible without regretting any of my decisions.

I have noticed that the cheaper the receiver the more ugly and bigger the logo
If its true MIL-SPEC its good to go. like i said before, most AR stuff comes from about 4 suppliers and they ship to different companies to put their logo and insane mark-up on.

From AR15.com: AR Lower Receiver FAQ (56k beware) MMS, CMT, LAR, LMT compared... - AR15.COM

Its everything you want to know about lowers
[SIZE="3"]"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post"
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Black Bettys Build Thread[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] -----> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752646[/url][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
Unread 01-25-2010, 05:28 PM   #41
PITBULL1967
2013 JK Wrangler 

Anybody have anything bad or good to say about rock river AR's. I want something that will shoot whatever ammo I give it wheather its brass or laquered steel cases...
PITBULL1967 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #42
kiksroks
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITBULL1967 View Post
Anybody have anything bad or good to say about rock river AR's. I want something that will shoot whatever ammo I give it wheather its brass or laquered steel cases...
They are good. Based on what I've read online. I wouldn't have ruled out going RRA if they weren't banned here by make/model.

Are you planning on buying local or online?

Low Output 4cyl Jeep Club Member #777
<><
kiksroks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #43
PITBULL1967
2013 JK Wrangler 

local, I don't want to hassle with having something shipped to an FFL dealer.
PITBULL1967 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 09:22 PM   #44
ANGJetMech
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITBULL1967 View Post
local, I don't want to hassle with having something shipped to an FFL dealer.
Not sure if ya know, but just a heads up, the only thing that has to be shipped to an FFL is the lower. It is the only serialized part. Everything else can be bought online and shipped to your door. This might save ya a few bucks if you decide to build
[/SIZE]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.