Best All-Around Vehicle - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Best All-Around Vehicle

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 11-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #16
NHJeep4x4
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV View Post
I'd keep the tow rig and toy. Its nice to be able to go out wheeling and not worry about having to drive to work the next day. If the jeep is still tagged, take them off and cancel the insurance. You are now down to "one" vehicle.
Really the only downside to this is I can't drive the Jeep around town. I may just keep the setup I have though.

Unread 11-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #17
LilyBayXJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm gonna vote for the Tacoma. I had a '07 access cab with a 2.5" OME and 33's. The thing was a blast to wheel and drive, and averaged 19.5 MPG with the tires. It had a ton of power, and towed well. I sold it with 210K on the clock. I wouldn't hesitate to own another.

Newer mid-size trucks have capabilities surpassing that of older full-size half-tons. If you're convinced an American vehicle is what you want, you have the Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon, Dodge Dakota (can get a 4.7L V8), or a Ford Ranger. They're comparable to the Tacoma, except not as good in all categories. Less ground clearance, power/weight, efficiency.

Tacoma's rock.
1983 CJ-5 - Stock - Sold
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]TJ Boot Camp[/URL]
LilyBayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #18
JoeCitizen
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Tacomas and tundras are made in the USA
There are F-150's sold here in America that were built in Canada. Do you consider them Canadian trucks or American trucks?
JoeCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #19
Soldier905
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Tacomas and tundras are made in the USA
Quote:
There are F-150's sold here in America that were built in Canada. Do you consider them Canadian trucks or American trucks?
''

Id consider them American trucks as its an American company unlike those rice burner trucks which may be built here but their still foreign trucks .
Soldier905 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 01:07 AM   #20
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier905 View Post
''

Id consider them American trucks as its an American company unlike those rice burner trucks which may be built here but their still foreign trucks .
A lot of Toyotas are more American made than most domestic brands like Ford or GM. Ford is getting better but tacomas are always going to be the best small pick up on the market.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.