BB guns - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > BB guns

Poison Spyder DeFendersô - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeAll Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 06-13-2004, 03:17 PM   #1
Cap'n

BB guns

Alright, I've decided it would be cool to have a bb gun to play around the yard with (live in the country). I was wanting an electric rifle. (unless you reccomend somthing else) I would like it to be either semi auto, full auto or both. The only problem is all the ones i've found shoot 6mm platic BB's. I was wanting one that shoots the regular aluminum(or whatever they are) BB's. Does know a good place to buy this at?

Do any of you have one, or have shot one of these with the plastic BB's? Do they have good performance?

thanks
cap'n

Last edited by Cap'n; 06-13-2004 at 03:21 PM..
Cap'n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2004, 04:21 PM   #2
ChiTown'01XJ

me and my friends have a bunch of air splat guns. they're a lotta fun for shooting each other with and they are all replicas, at least the semi-auto ones, so they look feel and are just like a real gun. but they are no good for breaking stuff or shooting beer cans, birds, midgets, etc. for that you'll need to get an air rifle that'll shoot bb's. look for somethin around 800 or 900 fsp, pump are the way to go
[COLOR=blue]Blue Jeep Club Member #73[/COLOR]
'01 XJ Sport

235/75/15 BFG All Terrain T/A KO, C4X4 tow hooks, rear hitch, 2 x 55 Bosch Lights, Cobra 19+ (waiting on antenna)

[B]"Let's do it in the dirt"[/B]
ChiTown'01XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2004, 05:08 PM   #3
Cap'n

What about CO2? does anyone have any experience with that?

cap'n
Unread 06-13-2004, 05:24 PM   #4
ChiTown'01XJ

CO2 sucks, they're not powerful and you will spend a lotta money on new cartridges. as the cartridges get empty which is very quickly, the shots aren't at all accurate and slow down a lot. Pump are much more accurate, will kick some serious A** and will last you longer
'01 XJ Sport

235/75/15 BFG All Terrain T/A KO, C4X4 tow hooks, rear hitch, 2 x 55 Bosch Lights, Cobra 19+ (waiting on antenna)

Unread 06-13-2004, 05:32 PM   #5
atxtj

theres a full auto bb gun called a bumble bee (I think). It's made by EAA, they fire single shot, three round burst and six round burst. also, they run on AA batteries and co2. I think they fire at 750 rpm, not bad. I've never fired one, butI hear they're well made and lot's of fun, retail around 150-200$ round here. oh yeah, they fire real steel bb's.

Hers: 1981 CJ-7
Under Construction.
atxtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2004, 06:01 PM   #6
ChiTown'01XJ

750 is fast, my pump air rifle fires at 600 or so and it'll break skin and kill small animals
'01 XJ Sport

Unread 06-13-2004, 06:07 PM   #7
atxtj

Thats rounds per minute, not feet per second. I think thats 400 or so.

Hers: 1981 CJ-7
Under Construction.
atxtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2004, 06:11 PM   #8
ChiTown'01XJ

oh yea, my bad
'01 XJ Sport

Unread 06-13-2004, 09:07 PM   #9
Roll Tide

Some bb guns reach the velocity of a 22. You have to shop around for those. The name Crossman sticks in my head but I'm not sure if that is it. If you hit the local wallmart, get the highest Fps rating they have. Definately get a pump.
Roll Tide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2004, 01:50 AM   #10
00Cherokee+98Z

i've got a bunch of them to tool around with when i cant get out to the range and play with the real artillery...

Co2 guns do not suck....its true they go through cylinders quickly if you fire them enough but most C02 pistols fire around 400-500 fps and will typically get 60-100 shots from a cylinder before accuracy starts to decrease. (i've got a bunch of co2 powered semi-auto pistols including a PPK replica that actually cycles the slide and recocks the hammer after each shot, pretty realistic.)

1.)if you want a good Co2 pistol, IMO, go with the walther PPK, P99 or beretta 92FS. the beretta is about 150 bucks but its TOP quality and looks and feels DEAD ON real.

2.)crosman also makes a good Co2 semi-auto rifle. 650 fps, 12 rounds in a magazine and about 48 rounds to a cylinder. a good all around gun to play around with. i think it was around 75 bucks.

3.)i also have a .177 cal single pump Beeman hunting rifle w/ a 4 power scope. it fires 1000 FPS (faster than your average .45 cal pistol round!) it was around 150 bucks too but it is DAMN accurate at ranges you would never think an airgun would reach.

4.)the 6mm plastic bbs are fired from Air-Soft guns. these are the electric rifles your talking about. i had an MP5 replica that was damn fun but the quality of it was not that great. it fired 600 or so rpm with 50 round magazines and ran on radio controlled car batteries. it lasted me about 6 months before i managed to damge it. for a GOOD quality full auto, electric airsoft gun, you can pay around 300-500 bucks (some of the larger machine guns go for as much as a grand!)

hope this helps with your question.

EDIT: if you've got a lot of property, you cant go wrong with a good old fashioned .22 rifle. they're cheap to shoot and a little more fun than airguns IMO. my marlin bolt action is accurate to over 100 yards with a 3-9x scope and cost under 200 bucks.
[COLOR=dimgray]B.S.M.C.C.E.P. CLUB Member #24 [/color]

Last edited by 00Cherokee+98Z; 06-14-2004 at 01:55 AM..
00Cherokee+98Z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2004, 10:06 AM   #11
JKNIPE2000

i dont own BB guns anymore, but i have had quite a few in the past.

my cousin ordered a pellet rifle from germany. im not sure of the brand or anything but it shoots .22 cal pellets and its accurate up to 75 yds or so. pretty nice gun..just not enough umph for me..
JKNIPE2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2004, 10:23 AM   #12
Jeep3607
2007 JK Wrangler 

I would look at Gamo.... Very good company for air rifles!!! They have one that is 1250 fps (Feet Per Second) and a few pistols get a rifle. I have a pistol from them and it is ok but replacing the CO2 cartriges (sp?) suck... the rifles are very accurate but single shot...
Jeep3607 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2004, 10:40 AM   #13
SpiffBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Cherokee+98Z
EDIT: if you've got a lot of property, you cant go wrong with a good old fashioned .22 rifle. they're cheap to shoot and a little more fun than airguns IMO. my marlin bolt action is accurate to over 100 yards with a 3-9x scope and cost under 200 bucks.
I second that.

At about $15 for a brick of 550 .22 rounds, it's cheeper to fire then a CO2 BB gun.

They're also a little more usefull for hunting small varments.
SpiffBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2004, 11:13 AM   #14
xxxflhrci

Check out the Chinese pellet rifles. I have one that I have had for 15 years and it still shoots great. Most are single cocking guns (no time consuming pumping) and shoot 750-1100 fps. They can be had for starting at 50 bucks. Great for plinking around the house where a firearm is too loud or dangerous. I have killed a pile of rabbits, squirrels ,and ground hogs with it by using head shots ( Bust's 'em like a walnut.)

http://www.compasseco.com/shop/produ...p=Air%20Rifles

Last edited by xxxflhrci; 06-14-2004 at 11:15 AM..
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2004, 01:05 PM   #15
Alan MacIntyre

Yeah like 00Cherokee said, if youíve even just a little bit of land, I highly recommend a .22 with a fairly long barrel and shoot CB Caps. Shot out a long barrel .22, itís as quiet as a BB gun (if not quieter), not near the velocity of a standard .22 round and A LOT more fun to shoot. They are very low velocity for a .22 and fly at about 730fps.
Just another option.

'99 TJ Sport
3 1/2" RE Lift
BFG AT 33x12.50ís on Eagle rims
Tuffy Overhead Console
Midland 77-285
Windshield mounted KC Titanium SlimLite's
Rhino Lined Fender Flares, and Genuine Steel side bars
ARB Safari Snorkel
CE 8,000 Winch
Alan MacIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads
  • I like guns - General Discussion (13 replies)
  • Guns - General Discussion (45 replies)
  • Guns... - Outdoor Recreation (26 replies)
  • 20/20 on Guns - Politics, Religion & Controversy (18 replies)
  • guns - General Discussion (17 replies)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.