Bah! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Bah!

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-30-2008, 01:17 AM   #1
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Bah!

My fancy (well maybe not that fancy but it's very nice) new Weber barbecue just showed up and the *******es have included two right hand tray pieces and no left

Anyone know if Weber dealers carry spares or am I going to have to rant at Weber themselves and hope they can get me a replacement before the Superbowl?

Unread 01-30-2008, 01:40 AM   #2
GenericEclipse

LOL call the company and have them overnight one. If not, grab a TV tray and have that for your left tray.
GenericEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2008, 01:41 AM   #3
MattTheMudder
Ask Mr. Owl

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just eat the right half of everything you cook on there and you'll be fine
Unread 01-30-2008, 01:47 AM   #4
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericEclipse
LOL call the company and have them overnight one. If not, grab a TV tray and have that for your left tray.
Yeah, I'll be on to them first thing, unfortunately it's a structural part that's missing, kind of the left tray support.

It's not critical, the knobs are all on the right hand side, but still, I'd heard great things about Weber and not getting all the right bits in the box doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

The rest of it did go together ver well though and it's nice and solid, apart from the wobbly bit that's missing a piece
Unread 01-30-2008, 01:49 AM   #5
GenericEclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoseki
Yeah, I'll be on to them first thing, unfortunately it's a structural part that's missing, kind of the left tray support.

It's not critical, the knobs are all on the right hand side, but still, I'd heard great things about Weber and not getting all the right bits in the box doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

The rest of it did go together ver well though and it's nice and solid, apart from the wobbly bit that's missing a piece
Just hope you don't get some sped in China or something. They'll send you another right hand piece. You would think they'd have an American fulfillment center or something to get it to ya right away.

2nd option. Go to walmart, buy a grill, take your part, return it saying you didn't like it?
GenericEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2008, 01:54 AM   #6
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

Well the call center isn't 24 hours and it's based on Central time so I'm pretty sure I'll get an American

The second option might be an idea but I don't think Walmart sell the S-310, they sell the E-310 which is slightly more cheaply built and probably has the same part but there are two problems;
1: The box is WAY too big to fit in the Jeep and
2: I think they might cotton on if I rummage through the box in the parking lot and then push it back into the store and say I changed my mind

Plus I generally don't like abusing return policies
Unread 01-30-2008, 07:38 AM   #7
Fett
Mechanically Declined

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Go to your doctor. Have your left arm removed and the re-attached on your right side. Then you'll be able to use both trays. Hope that helps.

"When you honestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do". www.despair.com
|_
|T|
Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2008, 07:50 AM   #8
ancestralworm
there will be crying

2000 TJ Wrangler 

i love weber grills but the only ones worth cooking on are round and have no trays. send it back and get the right one.
Black Jeep Society victim#19

"The Jeep is America's only real sports car" - Enzo Ferrari

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
ancestralworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2008, 07:53 AM   #9
EvilM0nkey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sell that and buy a real grill

I have 15 lbs of ribs waiting in my freezer to be slowly smoked starting Sunday morning.
Unread 01-30-2008, 08:26 AM   #10
Rollin
2005 WK 

Imported from Detroit
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.