bad news for me...... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > bad news for me......

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 01-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
lancer27
1997 TJ Wrangler 

bad news for me......

ok so today i went up to greenridge and had a blast!!!!!! had some fun flexing

so on the way home it started getting really bad on the roads. well had a run in with a crazy Asian driver who dominated my jeep. she lost control swerved into my lane hit me head on. thankfully i hit a light poll cuz otherwise i would have rolled about 2 maybe three times. here are some pics. i will get more when i pick the jeep up from the tow lot in the morning...

well this is all i got... my phone just got mashed.... so there will be more in the morning. but the axle was ripped off my leaf was destroyed the fender demolished and my frame may be bent cant tell ya for sure...... but the door wouldnt close so im pretty sure it is. this is horrible, i mean if it is totaled i wont get that much from insurance and i dont know what will happen to my baby, she was my first car and i loved it, i hope i can get it fixed with my money i get for the damage to me and the jeep. i tore up my shoulder and i can barley move it...

97 tj i6 3.5 RE superflex lift. hp dana 30 4.56 gears ausie up front. dana 44 33spline alloy usa shafts arb rear. tom woods supper short sye and matching cv ds. 35x12.50x15 goodyear MTR's with kevlar. york OBA system. Metal Cloak High Arch tube fenders!(my favorit mod!!!)
lancer27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
thantos858
Web Wheeler
1974 CJ5 

Did she have insurance? If they want to total it out see if you can buy it back and fix it. If anything you should be able to build a buggy out of the undamaged parts. Hopefully you don't have any permanent shoulder damage make sure to get it looked at by a couple of you own doctors.
thantos858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
TJs06TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That sucks man. Sorry. Glad you weren't hurt too bad.
T.J.s 06 SOLAR YELLOW TJ "SWINDLE"
Yellow Jeep Club Member #388291416
2001 Dodge Dakota QC Sport
TJs06TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
idiot magnet
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Get to a Dr. and get checked out right away!!!!
That really bites and I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt.
When I had one of my Jeeps written off they told me what it was worth and what the salvage amount was and wrote me a check for the difference and I kept the Jeep and a CLEAN title. Hopefully you can do the same.
[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Indyorv.com[/FONT][/FONT]
idiot magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

It'll buff out!!!!

Get to a doc and get checked the shoulder checked out. You don't want to find out in 3-4 years that it was damaged in the wreck and got progressively worse.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

How does your neck feel? Looks like it hurts...

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 12:17 AM   #7
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
How does your neck feel? Looks like it hurts...
x2 man that sucks! this is why i rarely drive my jeep anymore unless its to and from wheeling spots or when the roads are to bad for the stang. i would be depressed for days if my jeep got wrecked..i would go insane.

atleast the jeep can be replaced, you on the other hand, cant be.

good luck and hope you get what you want for it!
Unread 01-31-2010, 03:09 AM   #8
Curlee
US Army 19D

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I was always afraid one of the people "visiting" from mexico in el paso would run into my jeep. A LARGE majority of them do not carry insurance, and would either flee the scene of the accident, or attempt to blame you when the cops showed up. Although, towards the end of my stay in El Paso, I kind of wished someone would drive under my tire......

Wheelers for the wounded Great cause, check it out
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=320753688

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.
- Thomas Jefferson
Curlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 03:12 AM   #9
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I love greenridge man. Too damn bad an idiot with the inability to keep control of the vehicle ruined your day. I really think Marylands driving test....hell all of the U.S driving tests should include skid pad training. Where it teaches you hot to keep control of the car if something like that happens. Yeah they teach you in driving class but it's just not one of those things you can be told how to do.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 08:12 AM   #10
lancer27
1997 TJ Wrangler 

well thanks for all of your concern, i am so depressed right now...... from what i could see i think i wont get much from the accident. but i got a nice ride to the hospital to check my shoulder out. nothing major, but i have microtears in the muscle where it attaches to the bone.... but i woke up today and feel like hell. neck arm and my ego. i will be leaving soon to see if i can bring my baby home and see what i can do.. i think it is all depending on if my frame is bent. if it is idk if i will be able to fix it.... but lets just see what happens and i will keep yalll informed.
97 tj i6 3.5 RE superflex lift. hp dana 30 4.56 gears ausie up front. dana 44 33spline alloy usa shafts arb rear. tom woods supper short sye and matching cv ds. 35x12.50x15 goodyear MTR's with kevlar. york OBA system. Metal Cloak High Arch tube fenders!(my favorit mod!!!)
Unread 01-31-2010, 08:33 AM   #11
lancer27
1997 TJ Wrangler 

just got off the phone with the guys at the tow yard, they wont let me come in and get anything untill tommorow, so now im mad, i have to work tommorow, but i should be able to get her home by tomorrow night.

and i only had liability and personal protection. so i am relying on her insurance which thankfully she had. so i hope i can fix it. i dont know if i could handel having to buy a round light!!!! jk
Unread 01-31-2010, 08:40 AM   #12
idiot magnet
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Her insurance co. will want to settle pretty fast after they figure out what the vehicle is worth and if it's totalled. Don't sign anything until you know what your injuries are and if they are temporary or permanent. After my one accident when I was rear ended they even came to my work to get the paperwork signed, so they would not be responsible for any more $$$. Let them know you are under a Dr's care and you won't sign anything right away.
Now the fun begins when dealing with insurance companies. Good luck.
[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Indyorv.com[/FONT][/FONT]
idiot magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 08:42 AM   #13
lancer27
1997 TJ Wrangler 

the thing is i have the same insurance company as her.... so idk what to expect......
Unread 01-31-2010, 08:49 AM   #14
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

Should be easy to settle it then since they don't have to fight anyone.

Get yourself checked out. I was in an accident back in 04 and still have sporadic flareups in my back when it's cold.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.