auto insurance: how long does it take for points to show up on your insurance bill - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > auto insurance: how long does it take for points to show up on your insurance bill

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-07-2005, 01:32 AM   #1
RedJeepXJ

auto insurance: how long does it take for points to show up on your insurance bill

I while back (less then a year ago) I got a big ticket with 8 points on my license, the insurance never went up as I'm sure it would with this amount of time, so I wonder if they just don't pull up your record without a specific reason too

question 1:
is this right, we had already received the new bill a few months ago with no real change, the insurance is also on my parents so is it likely it was already absorbed into the bill?

question 2: how much will 8 points affect the insurance (BTW I'm 23/M) -were on a plan with multiple vehicles (6) and I'm listed on a cheap one

RedJeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2005, 02:34 AM   #2
festerw
2003 TJ Wrangler 

It shouldn't go up until the policy renews.
Unread 11-07-2005, 02:55 AM   #3
drummerwookie

well i know when i was a teen, i had 2 tickets and have my liscence taken away and the insurance company called up my step dad and told him that they made a mistake so my insurance wasnt going to be going up at all, ever..lol...so on my insurance record, they dont have that i have ever gotten a ticket

gone, but never forgotten: 2006 rubicon, 1998 ZJ, 1995 YJ 4.0

metalhead jeep club #4
drummerwookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2005, 05:58 AM   #4
rsoffar

my insurance has never gone up and i have had multiple speeding tickets and others over a few years

"Pc load letter.... what the f#*k does that mean!?" Michael Bolton

[CENTER][URL=www.jeepforum.com]www.lonestarjeepclub.com[/URL][/CENTER]
rsoffar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2005, 06:07 AM   #5
Rubisojo

8 Points? What did you do?
Unread 11-07-2005, 08:04 AM   #6
RubiconSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scs748
I while back (less then a year ago) I got a big ticket with 8 points on my license, the insurance never went up as I'm sure it would with this amount of time, so I wonder if they just don't pull up your record without a specific reason too

question 1:
is this right, we had already received the new bill a few months ago with no real change, the insurance is also on my parents so is it likely it was already absorbed into the bill?

question 2: how much will 8 points affect the insurance (BTW I'm 23/M) -were on a plan with multiple vehicles (6) and I'm listed on a cheap one
Varies by Company. Many of the majors do not rerun MVR's after the initial new business underwriting process is completed. Others run random checks and yet others reunderwrite their book each year.
8 points!! Yousa.
Unread 11-07-2005, 08:08 AM   #7
mdoug445
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubisojo
8 Points? What did you do?
Its possible, i had a couple tickets back in december that i got in one night in one traffic stop that would have accumulated more than enough points to get my liscense suspended. i remember sitting at my next door neighbors house (hes a cop) trying to find out if i should get a lawyer or not and listening to him add up the points i would get and it was then i realized how badly i had screwed up.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.