Australia: International Study - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Australia: International Study

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 09-27-2004, 10:01 AM   #1
Dfalcon16

Australia: International Study

Hey guys thanks for reading this anyway, i just decided that instead of staying here (Texas) and getting my degree i'm going to study in Australia (University of Tasmania) I know that there are a few people on this forum that live there and some have probably visited..what do you guys think? Just looking for opinions, and trying to start a conversation.

Unread 09-27-2004, 10:08 AM   #2
MugZy_YJ_94
ka-mai

2004 KJ Liberty 

its never a bad id to broaden your horizon. i don't know if the tasmanian univerisy is considered a good univerety, but i doubt that there are louzy unifs in the western world. bisides you'll gain a lot by just experiansing living on the other side of the world. i wish you the best of luck.

Now in the soccer mum class. Missing the YJ, but the KJ isn't bad...for now.
black jeepclub #35
MugZy_YJ_94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2004, 10:17 AM   #3
meconium

[starsky/ben stiller voice] do it........do it. [starsky voice]

Seriously man, go.
I'm pissed at myself because I never thought of doing something like that while I was in skool.

When my younger brother was in school he had what they called University Alliance (i think that's what it was called) with several skewls around the world. He did a semester in Wales and loved it. I think his spring break was almost a month long, got to tour most all of Europe while staying with friends from school or others he just met. He says it was the most amazing experience of his life. Got to learn first hand about other cultures and hear/see how the rest of the world lives. If you have a couple years left I would definitely do a semester in AUS, then maybe a semester or 2 somewhere in Europe. I hear the spanish and czech wimmins are HOTT, and little brothers pics back that up,... Pack your bags.
meconium is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2004, 10:42 AM   #4
MugZy_YJ_94
ka-mai

2004 KJ Liberty 

. I hear the spanish and czech wimmins are HOTT, and little brothers pics back that up,... Pack your bags.[/QUOTE]

yeah, and while stuport for the bush administration is non-existand. women troughout the EU still dig americans that take an efford to come over here, and make an effort to sociolise.

Now in the soccer mum class. Missing the YJ, but the KJ isn't bad...for now.
black jeepclub #35
MugZy_YJ_94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2004, 10:49 AM   #5
Hanzo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I just got back from Germany...if you're looking for hot women, you might want to skip the Fatherland. Too bad, cause a good looking woman in a Drendul...HOT! But I was VERY impressed by the ladies in London.
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2004, 11:15 AM   #6
DiegoYJ

I would be all over that! Might as well do your traveling while you are young enough to really enjoy yourself.

And as far as the wimmin go, Aussie girls are HOTTIES, and they just love us Yanks!
DiegoYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2004, 04:35 AM   #7
Roll Tide

I've been planning and trying to get over to Aus for about a year and a half now. Everytime I am about to start packing, something comes up and sets me back.
I definately think you should do it. You would learn so much more then any school can teach you. To be out and on your own and living in a different cultrure and hemisphere. Definately would be something you would never forget. One question - why Taz and not like Sydney or the mainland?
Roll Tide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2004, 07:49 AM   #8
Grady

Rented a Land Rover in the Northern territory outside Darwin. It was so bas @ss and beautiful. Wasn't there for the rainy season so there wasn't much mud.
austrailia2.jpg  

What doesn't kill you...
just hurts like hell.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #3
USN JEEP HULL #11
'02 TJ
'04 Grand Cherokee
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2004, 07:50 AM   #9
Grady

A small termite mound...
austrailia.jpg  

What doesn't kill you...
just hurts like hell.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #3
USN JEEP HULL #11
'02 TJ
'04 Grand Cherokee
Unread 09-28-2004, 08:36 AM   #10
djorkboy
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoYJ
And as far as the wimmin go, Aussie girls are HOTTIES
For the most part yes. We have heifers too.
Quote:
, and they just love us Yanks!
Um, yeah, sure they do......

Anyway... Come to Australia, life is great here. Tasmania is pretty unique compared to the rest of oz. Our universities are generally pretty good. It will cost about $10,000p/a minimum for a non-resident student just for fees but life here would be pretty cheap for someone converting their money from US$ to AUS$.

Tasmania is very lush and green, the whole western half of the island is rugged wilderness and there are some beautiful spots for hiking and wheeling. Tasmanians are considered freaks by mainlanders, not quite as bad as New Zealanders but close Tasmanians are our inbred southern cousins (who marry their cousins) you get the idea.

Tasmania is in climate closer to Northern Europe than the tropical rainforests of Queensland or red dirt of the outback. It's pretty cold down there (so they stay warm by piling the whole family in one bed ) we hack on Tasmanians quite a little bit.
djorkboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2004, 08:51 AM   #11
djorkboy
1996 ZJ 

Tasmania also holds the record for most people killed by a single gunman on a shooting spree. Over a 19 hour period on April 28 1996, in the area around Port Arthur, a convict era prison and one of Tasmania's most popular tourist spots, Martin Bryant shot 60 people, killing 35.

It has never been fully understood why the millionaire (he inherited the money from a lonely neighbor who took a liking to him) with the mental age of an 11 year old did it. Bryant currently lives in a supermax prison under permanent suicide watch (we don't have the death penalty here). As a direct result of Bryant's shooting spree semi-automatic weapons were banned Australia wide.
Unread 09-28-2004, 09:16 AM   #12
uglyprimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady
Rented a Land Rover in the Northern territory outside Darwin. It was so bas @ss and beautiful. Wasn't there for the rainy season so there wasn't much mud.
Sorry to inform you, that's not a Land Rover!
uglyprimate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2004, 09:39 AM   #13
djorkboy
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyprimate
Oh yeah, I missed that.

It's a Toyota Landcruiser Troop Carrier, do you guys not have them in the US? They are very popular here and have been on sale for more than a decade by now.
Unread 09-28-2004, 12:51 PM   #14
Grady

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyprimate
Or whatever it is, don't really matter to me, it was still fun beating up a rental.

What doesn't kill you...
just hurts like hell.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #3
USN JEEP HULL #11
'02 TJ
'04 Grand Cherokee
Unread 09-28-2004, 01:07 PM   #15
Dfalcon16

Yeah, i'm just looking at universities right now I havent decided because I wont be leaving until February of '06 probably, anyway It just sounded really interesting to me and sounds like a lot of fun. I havent completely decided on which university I am going to go to yet but I do want a nicer climate (it's almost October and it's still in the high 90's) I'd still like to enjoy my water sports though (scuba diving) mostly..anyone here scuba dive, so my choice of university will depend on which one's offer my major (mech, or civil engineering) and has the best weather for water sports.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.