An Atheist walking in the woods... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > An Atheist walking in the woods...

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 11-18-2007, 12:44 PM   #1
RockWoRM
1992 YJ Wrangler 

An Atheist walking in the woods...

Old joke... but still funny!!!

.................................................. ........................

An atheist was walking through the woods.

"What beautiful mountains"!
"What majestic trees"!
"What powerful rivers"!
"What beautiful animals"! He said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a giant 8-foot grizzly bear charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could down the path. He looked over his shoulder & saw that the bear was closing in on him. He looked over his shoulder again, & saw the bear was even closer. He then tripped & fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw that the bear was right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw & raising his right paw to strike him and opening his huge jaws, exposing his sharpe teeth.

At that instant the Atheist cried out, 'Oh my God!'

Then suddenly...

Time Stopped.
The bear froze.
The forest was silent.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky. "You deny my existence for all these years, you teach others I don't exist and even credit all creation to cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you, now, as a believer"?

The atheist looked directly in to the light,...
"It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a believer now, but perhaps you could make the BEAR a Christian"?

"Very Well," said the voice.

The light went out.

The sounds of the forest resumed. And the bear closed his mouth, dropped his right paw, and brought both paws together, bowed his head & spoke!...

"Lord, bless this food, for which I am about to receive from thy bounty, through Christ our Lord, Amen."

have a nice day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Good one, I haven't heard that one before.

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2007, 12:53 PM   #3
bigwrm

I thought the bear was going to sexually assault the guy. Would have been more realistic.
bigwrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2007, 07:16 PM   #4
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwrm
I thought the bear was going to sexually assault the guy. Would have been more realistic.
I was about to have a come back about that but decided not to for fear of inciting hatred against our Catholic brethren. I shall leave it be. There's enough animosity between groups as it were.
Unread 11-18-2007, 09:38 PM   #5
WMW0505
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwrm
good one.
D44 open
33x12.50 Dunlop Mud Rovers
4.56:1 gears
WMW0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2007, 11:32 PM   #6
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

You know, it's funny. Athiest's don't seem to need to post pointless crap making fun of Christians to make them feel better about themselves. Interesting...

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2007, 11:37 PM   #7
kaibab

stupid.....
kaibab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2007, 11:41 PM   #8
Crowing
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob
You know, it's funny. Athiest's don't seem to need to post pointless crap making fun of Christians to make them feel better about themselves. Interesting...
So, you've never told any stereotypical or degrading jokes before? Because if you have, I'd hope you will see your own hypocrisy.
Crowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2007, 12:37 AM   #9
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
at what point did the OP say he was a christian?

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2007, 12:41 AM   #10
MattTheMudder
Ask Mr. Owl

1999 TJ Wrangler 

We should enter this thread in the Soap Box Derby. It'd go downhill faster than anything
Unread 11-19-2007, 02:01 AM   #11
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

good joke.

don't take it seriously guys. laugh it up and roll your eyes if you need too.

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2007, 04:08 AM   #12
10achik
I ate what?

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Because as a Christian, to any Athiest I am already a walking punch line. I get laughed at for my belief's all the time.

I thought the joke was pretty funny, almost as good as the one Dane Cook did about the athiest sneezing on him on the bus. I don't think he's a christian but it's funny what he points out

If you haven't seen it:

[yt]7L0G1DGCWwI[/yt]

99 GC Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO HC LA lift, F&R D44s locked & trussed, 242HD, IRO TC Skid, KMA Bumper, 35's
2006 Saturn Redline -2.0L Eaton supercharged I4, GMPP Stage 2, Custom Tune, AEM CAI, Ebiach Pro Kit w/ swaybars, EVO Ventus V12s (13.76 @ 103.85)
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
2012 Nissan Juke - (hers)
2000 SV650 - naked, integrated tail light, sliders, corbin, pilot roads, RK chain & sprokets, D&D full exhaust, FactoryPro Stage I jet kit, +4 Ignition Advancer, Barnett race clutch
2006 Triumph America 900 - Full Dresser

January 2009 Grand Cherokee of the Month (GCOTM)
10achik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2007, 05:51 AM   #13
Btwngreengray
1995 YJ Wrangler 

HAHA I've heard this one before but it's still funny.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were ever our countrymen!” Samuel Adams.

Christian Jeep Club Member #104
Btwngreengray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2007, 08:25 AM   #14
monkeychrist
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I have to agree with this, I understand this is general discussion, but I feel I am not in a jeep forum but a religion forum lately...

...it was a funny joke though.
monkeychrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2007, 08:36 AM   #15
rugger81
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Apparently you've never visited a social news site like digg or reddit. There are daily articles bashing non-atheists daily hitting the front page daily. Not saying that the joke isn't pointless crap or anything, but just saying it goes both ways equally.
5sp

the jeep
rugger81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.