Art history anyone? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Art history anyone?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 12-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Art history anyone?

Hey guys, I have an art history final tomorrow and if you couldn't' guess already I'm pretty desperate for help. Ive been searching for these answers but I still cannot make any sense out of anything that Ive read. I have questions the teacher gave us that will be a portion of the exam tomorrow. I will have to write a paper on these topics in class, and stumped on what to do. If anyone could point out any key points off the top of their head it would be appreciated. Thanks

1 Compare and Contrast the stutctuere, decor, iconography of the pantheon, and haigh sophia.

Heres what I got: There both advanced archetecture for there time, featuring use of light high celing, connection with the divine. The have plain exteriors but decorated interiors. They are both still in function today. Unlike the pantheoen, the haigh sophia was convereted to a mosque.

2 Impact of the crusades and pilgrimages on Romanesque art.

Influences from different areas (not sure exactly where?). high towers for pilgrims to see. relics in churches with decorated insides. specially designed churches for pilgrims to walk through. church center of travel. expansion of monasteries.

And yeah I know this is probably not the place to ask but Id figure I would give it a shot. If anyone could add anything or expand upon something that would be great. I have a lot going on right now, but I really need a decent grade on this for financial reasons blah, blah, blah you know the story.

JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
XJ2Timer

Early 1980s. Art History. Most useless class I ever took.
Interesting, yes. Useful, no.
My stupid degree plan was written where I had to take either a music history class, art history class, or speech class.
So I took Art History. Taught by a woman that dressed like a gypsy and rode a bicycle everywhere.

And yes I think those same two questions were on the exam.
And until I saw your post I hadn't thought about a thing in that class for the past 30 years.

Be sure to talk about the differences in the shapes of the columns. I remember that as being so important.
Unread 12-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Haha thanks. Yeah this class in particular wasent required. But i had to have a certain amount of humanities classes so i chose this. Yeah the class can be horribly boring. Some of the stuff can be interesting but most of it is so dry lol. And i dnt know about your tech but mine talks eith this scholarly artsy voice. which can either be amusing or make you want to kill someone. But i make the most of it. I took the final this morning and i think i probably passed. Im hoping lol.
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.