Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Anyone ride bikes?

718 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  CETROV 
#1 ·
I gotta dual sport to kill time with. When you feel like going and letting loose like you can't in a jeep- also you can hit the smaller trails and cover distance alot faster-
Anyone find a way to carry the bike on the back of a jeep? I found some slide in bike carriers that fit into the trailer hitch. Mine is only rated for 350 lbs though.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey kirk ,
I had a BADA$$ Beach cruiser in Jr. high school does that count ? :D :D If I ever get up enough courage to ride one in LA I'll Probably buy a HOG .
JIM :{>

#3 ·
I had a 2000 F4 and sold it for a '66 Mustang and am now selling that for....You guessed it, more Jeep stuff!

#6 ·
Alrighty CETROV, I have to ask. How fast have you had that thing. I know what it'll do......I topped my F4 out at around 160mph and I know that has a bit more to go......:eek: :D

#7 ·
I don't know exactly how fast- the speedo stops around 185mph.
After hitting max speed and starting to slow down it took a little while for the speedo to start dropping- I'm guessing around 192 or so. It gets pretty windy at those speeds- the bike is still rock solid and has no wobble or floating feeling.
I gotta do it with my gps and see what is says.

I put a k and n air filter, yoshi pipe, TRE, 16tooth front spocket- I had it dyno'd at 166.3 rwhp.

I was riding with a 600- he hit 165 showing. Fast little buggers arn't they!!!

#9 ·
I noticed your GS500E ZUKE. That was my first bike, in red with the lower air grabber. It was a good little bike but went to a 600 after about 4 months. I really want another one but there are too many cars around here anymore and I am known to be an idiot at times......:D

#10 ·
the 5e is a great little run around- I got it for the wife. I think it will run forever- on the same set of tires. My Bus eats one $200 tire every 4000 miles, one set of brake pads every 6000 miles and lots of gas. The only problem is the 5 won't pull wheelies, the bus you can just nail the throttle at 70mph in 2nd and it will stand up for you. I've been know to be an idiot at times too. thats half the fun!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.