Anyone know whos Jeep I ended up with? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Anyone know whos Jeep I ended up with?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 03-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
TheMuffinOfEvil

Anyone know whos Jeep I ended up with?

Purchased a Jeep a few months ago for my Dad from Motion Auto Sports in Canton Ohio, 2005, Blue, Rocky Mountain edition, straight six with six speed, front mounted lights, warn winch with air compressor, roof rack, lifted, rhino lined interior, all kinds of other work done, someone clearly loved the thing. Has the Jeep Forum logo on the front bar. Will get some pics up later tonight. Anyway, the dealership misrepresented it pretty bad and my Dad ended up buying another Jeep, so I ended up with this one to help him out. Was curious who used to own it.

TheMuffinOfEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #2
relgnarw
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know who owned that one but I drive past that place all the time. I've never heard anything bad about them. If you don't mind saying, what happened that made you get a new one?

My onboard air build.
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/viair-install-02-tj-w-cruise-5-spd-1379665/[/url]
relgnarw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #3
TheMuffinOfEvil

Not at all, the same information is now posted under their google reviews page and another review website. The jeep was described as basically turn key and needing nothing. When it got down here, the thing had electrical issues, there were several wires under the driver side dash that were permanently hot and exposed to the frame, literally sparking on bumps. The control arm bushings were completely and totally shot, the electronic locking axle was disconnected and wires just hanging, but our major sticking point, was we asked both salesman again and again if it leaked, as his previous Jeep had that issue and it was something we just did not want to deal with, it gets down here and there is water literally standing in it, thing leaks horribly, they basically gave us a not our problem attitude, told us a manager would call us, never did.
Unread 03-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #4
ravenworks
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Wow that sucks,I wish I would have known about it before you bought it because I could have looked at it for you.
That being said there is an "05" Unlimited that a dealer here is trying to pass off as a Ruby,I busted him on it.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/i-...r-cry-2201745/
Unread 03-31-2014, 11:04 AM   #5
TheMuffinOfEvil

Got a picture of the jeep put up here.

http://imgur.com/sVXcnwD

If anyone recognizes it.
Unread 03-31-2014, 12:07 PM   #6
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

John Voight's?
Unread 03-31-2014, 12:36 PM   #7
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

PM the VIN to me and I'll run it for you.
Unread 03-31-2014, 03:41 PM   #8
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvar24 View Post
John Voight's?
hmmm is there a pencil in the glove box we can test with?

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 08:37 AM   #9
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
PM the VIN to me and I'll run it for you.
VIN is not PM'able as I am a human, I swear.

- Vin
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2014, 06:03 PM   #10
Varnish
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffinOfEvil View Post
...but our major sticking point, was we asked both salesman again and again if it leaked, as his previous Jeep had that issue and it was something we just did not want to deal with, it gets down here and there is water literally standing in it, thing leaks horribly, they basically gave us a not our problem attitude, told us a manager would call us, never did.
Hard top? Living in a rain forest as I do, I can say I haven't met a hard top jeep yet that doesn't leak. I've seen others say hey, my jeep doesn't leak, but they live in California or some such.

Get a dri-air thing that takes the moisture out of the air to keep it from condensing on the windows or above you and jeep on
'99 XJ 4dr SE
Varnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2014, 07:31 AM   #11
TheMightyGoat
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnish View Post
Hard top? Living in a rain forest as I do, I can say I haven't met a hard top jeep yet that doesn't leak. I've seen others say hey, my jeep doesn't leak, but they live in California or some such.

Get a dri-air thing that takes the moisture out of the air to keep it from condensing on the windows or above you and jeep on
My hard top doesn't leak. I live in central Vermont.
TheMightyGoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.