Anyone have any thoughts about this? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #16
kg4kzv
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Don't underestimate the iQ, that mutherf****r is QUICK... Looks like he showed up to a toyota party.

Are you kidding if I could afford to have one as a little MPG getting toy I would. I'm betting the tuner market picks up on it fast then things will get interesting. Can you say turbbbboooooooo!

Chris

I-ROK reinforcement kit, ORO U-TURN steering kit,Conversion Headlights/Silverstars And too much $$$
kg4kzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #17
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcofc
The only reason this video didn't make into on Break is because the asshat didn't flip it, thus it only draws a "meh" from me.
Agreed it woulda been a much better video if he flipped it
Unread 05-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #18
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Don't underestimate the iQ, that mutherf****r is QUICK... Looks like he showed up to a toyota party.
0-60 in 11.4 seconds

As far as the video, part of me imagines all the things that could have gone wrong and I'd say it was stupid. It was still a pretty impressive video though.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #19
1HouseMouse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The music is what sets a predetermined thought of stupidity.
1HouseMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #20
IDK

Why do you need to know our age? I am 19, but this is pretty damn skillful driving if you ask me, if you can do that in a Jeep and not roll, you are doing good!
Unread 05-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #21
dreed
2004 LJ Wrangler 

He is just a kid having fun.

All the people saying skillfull driving or thats impressive. Take a stock hight TJ add 15x10 wheels with 3" backspacing and wide tires and go try this. You would be amazed at how easy it would be.
dreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #22
kg4kzv
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreed View Post
He is just a kid having fun.
Yep I bet we all did some foolish things as kids and now look back and see how wrong things could have gone.

Quote:
All the people saying skillfull driving or thats impressive. Take a stock hight TJ add 15x10 wheels with 3" backspacing and wide tires and go try this. You would be amazed at how easy it would be.

Yeah I don't see this as proof of driving skill. I use to do stuff like this in full size pick ups and my stock Samurai. Most would never believe some of the stuff I did with my lifted Sammy with 35s on it.

Part of skill is knowing your vehicles limits. Had he found a place that grabbed his tires this would be a very different video.

Now really want to impress me do it on a steep down hill about half way down.

Chris
I-ROK reinforcement kit, ORO U-TURN steering kit,Conversion Headlights/Silverstars And too much $$$
kg4kzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #23
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIjeep86 View Post
Can you clearly define what a "Jeep Thing" really is?
Anything that does not involve spinning/sliding your tires on paved roads, or trying to prove to your buddies that you're the fastest of the bunch.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #24
Ross00TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I honestly don't care either way, last I checked our country was supposed to stand for Liberty and doing whatever you want so long as it doesn't infringe upon the rights of others. I saw no rights being infringed.

I wouldn't do it because my video would be titled "How I Rolled My Jeep On Dry Pavement Without Rocks", and frankly that is a horrible title that is way too long.

That said, us young folk (I'm 21) are supposed to do stupid stuff from time to time. It's how we learn, and if we're lucky enough we'll stay alive long enough to say "not gonna do that again" and join the ranks of the 'old folk' and then continue the cycle by looking down on the next generation and saying "those darn kids (get off my lawn!).

Quote:
Anything that does not involve spinning/sliding your tires on paved roads, or trying to prove to your buddies that you're the fastest of the bunch.
Soooo... if it was done in a dirt lot then it would be a Jeep Thing? Gotcha.
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:35 AM   #25
terrasmak
2007 WK 

All good, set up in a safe enviorment, no problems.
Unread 05-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #26
Cooneys08JK

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrasmak View Post
All good, set up in a safe enviorment, no problems.
Agreed empty parking lot, cones, and a relatively safe distance. I see no problems. Kinda cool actually.

BTW 105 yrs old..and im on the moon.

'99 Chilli Pepper XJ- Wheeler- BFG ATs, 2 " BB + bolt on stuff
Cooneys08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #27
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

When you see people doing this out on the public streets with people random people. Then all the comments to him being a fool would be applicable.
95' YJ 4" lift 33"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
USMC Jeep Club #6
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
Drix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #28
Moto4x4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Its really not that skillful at all, its not that hard to do. If youre a decent driver, then you could do it.
Unread 05-15-2012, 03:46 AM   #29
XtrailratedJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

He is the self dubbed "Ken Block of Jeeps". Now let's see you drift around in a rock garden.

Originally Posted by Durt_Diver:
Those pics might be a little too flexy for this thread. You don't happen to have any pics of your friends xj on a curb by chance?
XtrailratedJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.