anybody speak french? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > anybody speak french?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe ALL NEW Factor 55 ProLink Winch Shackle Mounts availabFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-02-2003, 06:25 PM   #1
Cap'n

anybody speak french?

well, i need a second language to graduate so i guess now i'm taking french.

i was wondering, does anyone one else here speak french?

(btw, i'm flunking)

Cap'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2003, 06:54 PM   #2
Markus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n
well, i need a second language to graduate so i guess now i'm taking french.

i was wondering, does anyone one else here speak french?

(btw, i'm flunking)
Oui. Moi, je parle le francais.

My advice if you need to learn quickly is to go to an online translator (http://dictionary.reference.com/translate/text.html) and write simple phrases in English and then translate them into French. Or you could try studying

Honestly, intro French isn't that tough. Just work at it regularly and it should come easy enough. If all else fails, try Berlitz

[URL=www.truro-offroad.com]TRURO OFFROAD[/URL]

Last edited by Markus; 09-02-2003 at 06:57 PM..
Markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2003, 07:14 PM   #3
BIG SEXY

french fries,french toast,french onion,...
91' YJ,4.0 I-6(180,000 mi) 2" Rancho Add-A-Leaf kit, 1.5" shackle lift, 2" BL, 33x12.50 BFG M/T KM's, 15x8 589's, TJ flares, custom F&R bumpers w/ swing-away spare carrier & rocker guards, FULL ROLL CAGE, herculiner, Warn [B]XD9000i[/B] (IT'S ALSO MY WIFES... or was!!!)

Rig Rater score= 476RRv1.0

Its a dog-eat-dog world. and I'm wearing MILKBONE UNDERWEAR!!
BIG SEXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2003, 07:20 PM   #4
Cap'n

thanks

wait a minute, favorites, add to favorites, there

i might need that

how old are you?
where did you learn french?

the thing i don't like is, the little marks above the letters.

i'm 15 years old and i still don't no know english, i dunno how i'm gonna learn french
Cap'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2003, 07:47 PM   #5
Markus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n
wait a minute, favorites, add to favorites, there

i might need that

how old are you?
where did you learn french?

the thing i don't like is, the little marks above the letters.

i'm 15 years old and i still don't no know english, i dunno how i'm gonna learn french
I'm 26. Was forced to take French in school - bilingual requirements in Canadian public schools (grades primary to 12) and then I opted to take both French and Spanish in university. Believe me, it came in handy when I lived in Europe... European girls love a guy who tries to speak their language, even though I failed miserably That's justification enough to stick to it. I have pictures

Accents are easy... http://www.chs.srvusd.k12.ca.us/CHSH...in/accent.html

HTH

Unread 09-02-2003, 07:53 PM   #6
97sahara

Quand je travaillai a l'ambassade d'amerique en ottawa, j'etudai le francais. Mais, qunad je suis arrive a l'universite, j'ai decouvris que je parle le quebeqois, au lieu de le francais. "tabarnac!!!" J'ai dit.

Dont worry too much about it; language has its pitfalls. practice, practice, practice. and dude, your 15; you got time to hone your skills, or just push through and pass, then never touch it again.
97sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2003, 11:08 PM   #7
ian-X

i'd rather clamp my nuts in a vice than learn the french language.

Unread 09-03-2003, 01:47 AM   #8
isezumi00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian-X

wow blatant propoganda much...
isezumi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2003, 05:23 AM   #9
WranglerGal

Je parle un peu de francais, mais pas beaucoup. Ce n'est pas tres difficile, monsieur. Bon chance.
[COLOR=Blue][B]Blue Jeep Club Member #21[/B][/COLOR]
03 TJ Sport
RE 3.5" Superflex, DT3000s, JKS Discos, AR767s, 33x12.50 BFG All Terrains....
And MUCH more to come....
WranglerGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2003, 05:25 AM   #10
Markus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian-X

You watch too much US government propaganda filled CNN. Why not look at the issue - as a member of the UN, France was right to question the war- mongering of George W. Look the outcome; ole Georgie can't find weapons of mass destruction anywhere... except maybe in his own back yard. So don't blame the French, they were just excersizing their right to decide for themselves whether a war in Iraq was necessary or required them. Obviously, the US decided it needed neither real justification (ie. proof of WMD's) or consent ('cause they invaded anyway).

Look at history. I mean really, didn't it take the US until 1941 to enter the war on Hitler... everyone else was fighting it out with the Nazis from 1939, but the US decided to sit that one out until Pearl Harbour. It's every country's right to decide where and with whom to fight.

Really, man, why not come to your own conclusions about right and wrong. BTW, I support US troops, just not their leaders. I think I'll go have some fois gras and chardonnay, and celebrate France's vindication here.

Last edited by Markus; 09-03-2003 at 05:30 AM..
Unread 09-03-2003, 07:58 AM   #11
jay187

First of all if we didn't step in France would not even be France. We gave them back their country after they pretty much just rolled over and took one for the team. Having been to france I can say that I wasn't too impressed. And that every time I think of the french I think of Monty Pythons Holy Grail. That seems to fit. And chicks with hairy armpits, yes that does go on.
jay187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2003, 08:10 AM   #12
Owen

I speak french... Lived there for 4 years. My vocabulary has taken a beating over the past couple of years but I can still hold a pretty good convo after about 30 mins of recap.
Unread 09-03-2003, 08:57 AM   #13
XJ99
Aviator Brew

2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
France was right to question the war- mongering of George W. Look the outcome; ole Georgie can't find weapons of mass destruction anywhere... except maybe in his own back yard.
That was only one reason for going into Iraq. We were also after the terrorists that Saddam was harboring. We were there to free the citizens of Iraq. Saddam was NOT co-operating with the UN. Saddam WAS harboring some of bin Laden's terrorists, (remember 911???) helping to train them, and all, AND paying impoverished "Palestinian" families to encourage their idiot kids to blow themselves and innocent Israelis up. I think Bush made the right choice to take Saddam (The Butcher of Baghdad) out! We don't even know a fraction of what Saddam was doing to his citizens. The gassing, raping, and the countless executions is enough for me. Think about it your at home there is a knock on the door a few men come in with rifles paid by Saddam to rape your wife right in front of you and your children.. Nice

Now for the good news!!!

Unread 09-03-2003, 09:04 AM   #14
XJ99
Aviator Brew

2006 XK Commander 

As for a second language have you considered Spanish? I was just thinking further down the road it could help you get a job if you plan on staying in the US. Bilingual people can be an asset to a company. There are a lot of people that speak Spanish in this country I would think more than French. just my 0.02
Unread 09-03-2003, 09:19 AM   #15
Whybu1
Lets go Penguins!!!!

2001 TJ Wrangler 

"First of all if we didn't step in France would not even be France", wow a history buff huh? I seem to remeber a little thing called the American Revolution where the French helped save our fledgling butt. I am not a fan of the French myself (I was there and found them often rude and arrogant. They wouldm't even speak french to the french-canadian in our group as they said tehy didn't understand her terrible pronunciation). However they are a soveriegn nation and have the right to act in their own best interest.
Whybu1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.