Anybody Met His Girlfriend Or Wife Online? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Anybody Met His Girlfriend Or Wife Online?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-15-2006, 12:44 PM   #16
Red_Ak_Ranger
1984 CJ7 

The important thing you should ask yourself is both

"Why do you need to use the internet to find girls?"
and
"Why does she needs to use the internet to find guys?"

-Aaron

Red_Ak_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2006, 12:49 PM   #17
Coldfever
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My cousin found his girlfriend through Myspace of all places. They were married this past August and moved out to Arizona; where she was originally from and where she took her bar.
Coldfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2006, 12:52 PM   #18
jessevargas

I met my wife on Yahoo personals in 2000.

I met my wife on Yahoo personals in 2000.
She was local, though...she lived about 10 miles from me at the time.
We dated three years and celebrated 3 years of marriage on the 12th and all is good.
If you looking foe someone on line maybe you should stick to someone local.
us.jpg  
jessevargas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2006, 12:53 PM   #19
bryris
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My bro met his on eharmony - they are getting married in March after 3.3 years of dating.
bryris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2006, 12:57 PM   #20
workinprogress
Children's books?

I met my Fiance' on American singles. I think that first sentence says it all.
Merry Wacko Jeep club member #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
Dear workinprogress,

Ye barely know each other but is it me you're looking for? Cause I wonder where you are and I wonder what you do. Are you somewhere feeling lonely or is someone loving you?
workinprogress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2006, 01:06 PM   #21
Kachi

My friend met his wife online, and they've been happily married for 2 years. It's no longer a social taboo to meet someone online. You just have to watch out for pervs, scammers, cops looking for pervs, and weirdos.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #71[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Red Jeep Club Member #386[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Kachi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2006, 01:15 PM   #22
creature
2001 XJ Cherokee 

my uncle met his wife online, they were local to eachother though.
Unread 12-15-2006, 01:17 PM   #23
creature
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachi
It's no longer a social taboo to meet someone online. You just have to watch out for pervs, scammers, cops looking for pervs, and weirdos.
People on here find people to wheel with, nothing quite like the thrill of going out into the woods with people you met on the internet!
Unread 12-15-2006, 01:22 PM   #24
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
Web Wheeler

Just becareful. I assume that online dating is a pretty good way to get screwed over. Nothing wrong with how you met, but do you want a relationship over the web? Or are you ready to move five hours? Just alot to think about.
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2006, 01:38 PM   #25
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I met my current wife online on IRC back in 1995, when it was considered freaky. I was divorcing, she was separated. We met on a local IRC channel, they kicked her off, I msg'd her, and we've been together since. Turns out she lived about 5 minutes from where I used to work at IBM. We went in a public place (had lunch in Las Colinas) and there were no strings attached for her staying (I picked up the bill). That lunch lasted nearly 3 hours!!!! :O :O :O

Meeting local is probably the easiest way to do it. Just be yourself and don't pretend to be something you are not in R/L. When you DO meet, it will be easy to see if somebody was BS'in.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2006, 02:23 PM   #26
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Don't have what I would call a GF yet, but I am talking to a woman now that I met on eHarmony. I figured hey, if eHarmony worked for my Mom, (shes dating someone she met on the site) why not give it a shot and maybe it will work for me. I do understand the desire to try online dating, for myself I think its almost necessary. Working in the restaurant industry has me keeping abnormal hours. So its hard to meet people outside of work. I've done the dating people from work thing before too and frankly, it never ends well. Also, to me online is easier than just walking up to some random woman at a bar or something. FDirst you have to try and strike up a convo, then you need to hope you actually have something in common, etc. meeting people online thru a dating site like eHarmony kinda takes alot of that guess work out of the equation
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2006, 02:57 PM   #27
POLBOSS
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ
Don't have what I would call a GF yet, but I am talking to a woman now that I met on eHarmony. I figured hey, if eHarmony worked for my Mom, (shes dating someone she met on the site) why not give it a shot and maybe it will work for me. I do understand the desire to try online dating, for myself I think its almost necessary. Working in the restaurant industry has me keeping abnormal hours. So its hard to meet people outside of work. I've done the dating people from work thing before too and frankly, it never ends well. Also, to me online is easier than just walking up to some random woman at a bar or something. FDirst you have to try and strike up a convo, then you need to hope you actually have something in common, etc. meeting people online thru a dating site like eHarmony kinda takes alot of that guess work out of the equation
Exactly, we both work abnormal hours too, she being the main chef at her restaurant has to be there since early and leave until late, arrives home very very tired as to go out. I work on sales and i must work on weekends because is when do the most sales, on the weekdays after work I go to the gym, have been dating a few girls from the gym but they are so conceited because they have according to them perfect bodies, on the weekend after work i come out with a big time headache, and I just feel like going home and watch tv, and also rest from the gym.
POLBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2006, 02:58 PM   #28
Conundrum

Suprised no one mentioned mail order brides.
Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2006, 03:05 PM   #29
Erik T.
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry fellas. I don't do online dating.

I prefer the old method of meeting girls, go to a bar, get a girl wasted, take advantage of her in the parking lot, and slip your phone number under her bra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Hack work? :rofl: You just described half the modified jeeps on this board.
Erik T. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2006, 03:08 PM   #30
ronprice

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLBOSS
Here
WHY IS SHE/HE IN A CLOSET????

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.