Anybody ever own a Baja bug? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Anybody ever own a Baja bug?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 03-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #16
JBXdudeTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

yeah Matt, it would be totally awesome on some dunes...But it doubles as a prrrretty good wheeling rig also. With 3 inches of lift and plenty of clearance w/ the 31's on, it fairly nimble off road. Plus I'm always right there w/ the jeep if it does get stuck. Beetles make for a durn good off roading car that has no 4x4...

OME Lift
BGF AT's - 33's
[B][COLOR="Magenta"]Parrothead Jeeper Union member #26!![/COLOR][/B]
JBXdudeTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #17
Speed911
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I wanted a baja beetle over the Jeep at first, but now, I'm extremely happy with my decision I'd sitll like to have one, those lil guys look like it'd be a ton of fun
Unread 03-19-2008, 09:47 PM   #18
ScotZ
American to the Bone

2004 WJ 

I have owned several baja bugs and rail buggies. I drove one all through high school. Cheap and fun... If you get one be sure to get this book. HOW TO KEEP YOUR VOLKSWAGON ALIVE,Instructions for the complete idiot by John Muir. It is the best "how to" manual I have ever read. It got me through my first engine rebuild when I was 16 years old.
At least two-thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity: idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religous or political ideas.
- Aldous Huxley

Last edited by ScotZ; 11-28-2008 at 03:13 AM..
ScotZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2008, 12:14 AM   #19
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotZ View Post
I have owned several baja bugs and rail buggies. I drove one all through high school. Cheap and fun... If you get one be sure to get this book. HOW TO KEEP YOUR VOLKSWAGON ALIVE,Instructions for the complete idiot by John Muir. It is the best "how to" manual I have ever read. It got me through my first engine rebuild when I was 16 years old.
That book is an absolute necessity, and was the only thing that kept my Squareback on the road for as long as it was.
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:11 AM   #20
ScotZ
American to the Bone

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch View Post
That book is an absolute necessity, and was the only thing that kept my Squareback on the road for as long as it was.
It made me feel like the guy was standing over my shoulder waiting for me to make a mistake then he would correct it You could tell the book was written by a man with first hand experiance.
At least two-thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity: idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religous or political ideas.
- Aldous Huxley
ScotZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:31 AM   #21
POLBOSS
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I will always say that the Jeep Wrangler and the VW Bug are the only two vehicles with soul
POLBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2008, 03:56 AM   #22
burkettcat
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Oh yeah. Had an old one when I was bout 22 years old. Graet for mudding. Cheap parts.
burkettcat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.