anybody ever hurt themselves - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > anybody ever hurt themselves

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-02-2008, 12:07 PM   #31
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmeyer
This is slightly a digression, but have y'ever watched people getting into conventional cars? It's amazing to me how closely most people's heads pass under the doorframe as they duck into the vehicle--nobody ever seems to hit their heads, even in vehicles unfamiliar to them, yet most people pass within a whisker of the roof frame and if they did hit, it would be pretty hard. The things our bodies do automatically can be pretty amazing.

And, I haven't fallen out of my TJ yet, but if I do it will be like Photojeep when my foot catches the door sill on the way out. Came close a couple times.
I have yet to exit a 350Z without smoking my shoulder (yes shoulder) on the top of the door frame. Im just used to my camaro's dimensions and stand up too soon.

Avian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2008, 12:08 PM   #32
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

This ain't exactly tech guys, I'm moving it to GD.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2008, 12:14 PM   #33
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

6" of lift and i still dont have issues i love being tall and long legged

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #34
Rollin
2005 WK 

Jumped out on a nice patch of ice and ate it bad (3 weeks ago and my knee still is sore)

Imported from Detroit
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2008, 04:50 PM   #35
dz1087
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi22
My girlfriend hits the gold door latch every time she jumps into it.

Gold door latch? How much did your jeep cost?

Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF037AD
'03 TJ Sport, Black on White, Stock. [[Gone]]
'99 XJ, Purple, Stock but with new wheels.

Running Doorless? Check your state's Mirror Laws!!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/list-state-mirror-laws-565361/

There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100% Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.
Theodore Roosevelt
dz1087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #36
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Only time I tripped was in my friends YJ at Walmart, I think everyone in the parking lot saw me.
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2008, 05:32 PM   #37
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

my wife was getting in once, on the passenger's side of course. Her left leg was in and butt was on seat she wasn't sitting quite right so with her right foot which was outside on the step she pushed to move further into the seat her foot slipped and ran her leg all the way to her knee skinned her up pretty bad.

Most of my injuries occur when I open the tailgate and about the third time I step over there, usually miss it the first couple of times, and I walk into the hitch. One time I pulled a 3 stooges and hit my shin hard then when I bent down in pain cracked my skull on the edge of the body. Yep not a good day, luckily it was seen by no one. I only spoke of it once before to explain the bruise and forehead cut to my wife. Go ahead, she laughed really hard also.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 07:20 AM   #38
03Wrangler

tried to get in in a hurry.... the step was wet, i started to fall, grabbed the roll bar, and hurt some muscles in my arm.... it hurt for a few hours.... i cought it just in time too...

when i get my bigger tires, i'll be back with some more stories
03Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 09:06 AM   #39
blynyrd
1976 CJ5 

yeah, it's not a tj

But more often than I care to remember, when trying to enter my cj5, I have hit my knee cap on the bolt head in the lower left hand corner hole of my dashboard. Now I know some of you are thinking how can you hit the head of a bolt that only sticks out 1/4 of an inch, but trust me you ( or maybe just me) can, and if you (or maybe just me) hit it in just the wrong way as you're swinging your leg up and in you can connect with it pretty hard and it'll hurt like h***. My neighboor just laughed when he asked why I was cussing one morning trying to leave for work.
mildly built 304, t150,d20 , open d30 front, arb'd 30 spline d44 rear, 4.10:1's, soa w/ mil. wrap springs and add a leaf's (leaves?) 35" pro comp mt's, mm se9500# winch (with the wicked cool wireless remote), and too many other custom touches to list.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I friggin hate purple
blynyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 11:14 PM   #40
deesgirl
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Had my jeep about a week when I flung the door open hard to get out and forgot that jeep doors don't stay open like other doors and it swung back on me real fast. I was almost out of the way, but what I got was a nice long srape bruise down my upper arm. Broke the skin and everything. Hurt for a while, but I haven't forgotten again that the door will come back just as hard as i swung it out.

MADNESS TAKES ITS TOLL. please have exact change.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]yellow jeep club member #29[/COLOR][/FONT]
deesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #41
XJIceQueen98

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I used to rip the belt loops off my pants all the time on my ex's tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWaylon
if you think you're "normal" just because a majority of the posters on jeepforum agree with you...then you REALLY have issues...:D :D
XJIceQueen98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2008, 06:57 AM   #42
Okiiashi
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I had the belt loop situation too. I always try to hop into the seat...
()_) ()_)---)_)RED JEEP #446
“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there” - Will Rogers
Okiiashi is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.