Any ideas how to clean my dirty Jeep repair shirts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Any ideas how to clean my dirty Jeep repair shirts

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 07-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
RoldGold
1996 ZJ 

Any ideas how to clean my dirty Jeep repair shirts

I've destroyed probably 5 undershirts and a sweatshirt, which I've now delegated to be my "jeep repair shirts". I'd still like to get them somewhat cleaner. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow to show the dirtyness, it's pretty unbelievable.

RoldGold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I gave up on trying to clean mine. I just bought a couple packs of plain white T's for designated garage shirts. They kinda look tye-dye now, only without colors. Just black and brown
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
RoldGold
1996 ZJ 

Yeah, if I could sell t-shirts that are covered in gear oil, I'd never work another a day in my life.
RoldGold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Use "Goop" hand cleaner on them. I have gotten wheel bearing grease out of white t-shirts with it.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 05:43 AM   #5
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Goop them up before you wash, hand scrub them a bit to make sure it gets everywhere, then a cup of simple green in the wash water.
THEN most importantly another wash with just simple green then another with regular clothes soap of your choice..

Hell hath no fury like a woman with grease stained lacey dainties
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadslram View Post

Goop them up before you wash, hand scrub them a bit to make sure it gets everywhere, then a cup of simple green in the wash water.
THEN most importantly another wash with just simple green then another with regular clothes soap of your choice..

Hell hath no fury like a woman with grease stained lacey dainties
You sound like you speak from experience lol

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
GrimJeeper91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Why would you want to do that? I've been using the same grungy shirt for 10 years without washing. Who cares what is looks and smells like when you are working on the rig. Besides, it has personality. My wife hates it though!
'91 YJ 4.O, Auto, Rr. D60 w/ 35 Spline Alloy USA Axles & Detriot Locker, Fr. D30 True-Trac, 4.56's, 4.5" Deaver Springs, Bilstein 5100's, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's on MT classic II's, Detroit Locker, Vanco Big Brakes, Booster & Master, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE & TW's DS's, Teraflex Belly Up, Rocker Guards...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:01 AM   #8
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernBchJeep View Post
You sound like you speak from experience lol
Yup

It was an expensive lesson. She went out and bought all new stuff and not the cheap kind (not the good kind either ).
Now I know better and there is the good kind back again
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.