any good weatherproof LOUD ipod speakers? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > any good weatherproof LOUD ipod speakers?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 01-25-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

1999 TJ Wrangler 

any good weatherproof LOUD ipod speakers?

Looking to replace my now defunct predator caller with something more multi-purpose.

anyone have experience with outdoor Ipod speakers? It would be sweet to be able to play custom predator sounds from my ipod.

Unread 01-25-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
TJJP77
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have an Altec Lansing unit that has rubber sealed switches and is designed to be somewhat weatherproof, but of course it won't survive a downpour. It's also battery or AC powered which is nice when you don't have an outlet around. Oh by they way, they seem pretty darn loud to me.

Edit - I just found the model number: Altec Lansing IM9
Sienna Jeep Club: Member #15
TJJP77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

1999 TJ Wrangler 

thanks. I doubt I would be doing much in a downpour myself.
Unread 01-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #4
TJJP77
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneJeeper View Post
thanks. I doubt I would be doing much in a downpour myself.
No prob - I wasn't sure what you meant by "outdoor"...my mind heard "I'm planning on getting it wet"

Anyway, it's a nice sounding unit...it has aux inputs for other audio sources and an ipod cable pass through so you can sync without having to remove it from the unit. It's an older unit, so I'm not sure how new of an ipod will work with it - my 5th gen ipod video fits it perfectly and works well. My only misgiving is that I wish it had a remote, but it's not a deal breaker.
Sienna Jeep Club: Member #15
TJJP77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.