Any AV people? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Any AV people?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #16
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowner
Does this 32" dream of a Westinghouse TV have an optical output? I'm assuming the Cable box doesn't since it's non HD.

Does the Cable box have composite(rca) outputs?
Dunno going to check tommrrow. But what does the cable box matter, i thought the soundbar would just connect to the tv?

JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #17
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It can connect to either. Most cable boxes these days should have optical out though, even if it's just a standard-def tuner.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #18
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ
It can connect to either. Most cable boxes these days should have optical out though, even if it's just a standard-def tuner.
Which is preferred? I will look tommorrow. Its a standard comcast box, just no hd
Unread 12-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #19
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It doesn't matter really but probably the cable box, that way you can control everything with one remote (if they have a universal remote.) Pretty sure all of Comcast's standard boxes have optical except for the super tiny space saver one.

Unread 12-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #20
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Yeah its not the little tiny box. Looks just like a hd one but black. Ive been reading that some soundbars are programmable to a remote, some come with their own. I would prefer to use the one comcast remote. But are you saying if i hook it up to the box than it will run off that remote no matter what?
Unread 12-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #21
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Well the box has its own volume output level, so you should be able to control it that way. I only suggest that route because I'm not familiar enough with the TV to know if it can support external speakers directly and/or control the volume of them independently of its own speakers.

Unread 12-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #22
chowner
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post
Dunno going to check tommrrow. But what does the cable box matter, i thought the soundbar would just connect to the tv?
Well if the TV doesn't have any sound output, you are going to have to get the audio into the sound bar somehow...............
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #23
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ
Well the box has its own volume output level, so you should be able to control it that way. I only suggest that route because I'm not familiar enough with the TV to know if it can support external speakers directly and/or control the volume of them independently of its own speakers.
I gotcha makes sense. Im not sure myself but ill check tommorrow to see if it even has an output. The box sounds like the way to go though, because i would like to use only one remote.
Unread 12-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #24
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Just found this today. I like it because it is only 27 inches and theres limited space. It has the external sub that can fit behind the tv out of view. It sounded nice in the store. What do you guys think? Should i be afraid of phillips? Target was swamped with people so i couldent get anyone to help me, and i had to go back to class. Im going back after this class though, really thinking of buying it. Should this be the same set up as the other lg one? Either rca plugs or an optical? I totally forgot to look at the tv yesterday, but from what i can tell from online it only has rca cables. I want to hook it up to use only the comcast remote as well.

http://m.target.com/p/philips-soundb...f/-/A-14491216

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.