Any Air Jordan collectors on here? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Any Air Jordan collectors on here?

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-23-2013, 05:19 AM   #1
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Any Air Jordan collectors on here?

Favorite model? Size? Pics of your collection? Lets see what you got!

cr8zynelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
Indy

So... you have a closet full of other mens shoes?

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
bhikku
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I don't collect shoes, but i'd totally rock those back to the future jordans.
Utah Jeep Crew #152
US Navy 04-08
bhikku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
prjohnson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Collecting Jordans is pretty popular. I'd never thought of it until a good friend was telling me about his Jordan collection. He has every single pair & has stood in lines for an entire day & night to get a pair.

To answer the OP's question,

I don't personally collect Jordans, but my favorites are the 6's, mostly because when I was a kid, I wanted a pair so bad & my parents refused to buy them for me.
I worked my butt off all summer mowing lawns & saved up money for a pair of the 7's. They lasted all of three months until the suede started scuffing bad enough to wear a hole in the toe. Never again have I paid a ton of money for shoes, other than dress shoes. Wise parents I have!
prjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy
I guess you could go that route. (If your into that). I have a closet full of all MY shoes. Actually not a closet anymore. I got bumped out of the room I was in (baby boy) and had to build a shelving/storage unit in the stairwell. Pics are dated but it looks something like this:
image-3301623562.jpg

image-2203652601.jpg

image-1168393487.jpg

image-1792252127.jpg

Unread 08-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #6
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I used to collect them, but only collected and then just sold them off when they became deadstock.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prjohnson

Collecting Jordans is pretty popular. I'd never thought of it until a good friend was telling me about his Jordan collection. He has every single pair & has stood in lines for an entire day & night to get a pair.

To answer the OP's question,

I don't personally collect Jordans, but my favorites are the 6's, mostly because when I was a kid, I wanted a pair so bad & my parents refused to buy them for me.
I worked my butt off all summer mowing lawns & saved up money for a pair of the 7's. They lasted all of three months until the suede started scuffing bad enough to wear a hole in the toe. Never again have I paid a ton of money for shoes, other than dress shoes. Wise parents I have!
Great choice on the VI's. . .And I'm sorry you missed out and ended up with VII's, haha. Too bad you didn't keep them. . .even scuffed up they would be worth plenty of coin right now. 👍👍.
Unread 08-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #8
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport
I used to collect them, but only collected and then just sold them off when they became deadstock.
"Became Deadstock." What exactly does that mean?
Unread 08-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #9
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8zynelly View Post
"Became Deadstock." What exactly does that mean?
Like when you aren't able to get them anymore, they release then sell out.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 08-23-2013, 09:19 PM   #10
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

I think it's like car. An all original (numbers matching) car. So, shoes that come with the box, tissue, shoes forms, any cards or accessories. DS used to mean brand new but now I've seen people calling shoes worn once or twice Deadstock.
Unread 08-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #11
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8zynelly View Post
I think it's like car. An all original (numbers matching) car. So, shoes that come with the box, tissue, shoes forms, any cards or accessories. DS used to mean brand new but now I've seen people calling shoes worn once or twice Deadstock.
Yeah pretty much. I never wore mine, not my style. I knew a lot of people in high school that couldn't afford them at 165-175, so I would just cut them deals when it came time for me to sell. Not good business as far as me not making money but I prefered doing that than being a ****ing hypebeast and selling them for 100-150 more dollars than what I bought them for.

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 08-24-2013, 01:11 AM   #12
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

As long as your shoe hobby is not bothering anybody else and you still live within your means (instead of buying shoes at the deficit of your mortgage/rent), then I don't see any harm. Pokemon, GI Joe, Air Jordans, Comic Books, ... I'm not sure how these collections register on a psychological level. Some will say it's quite normal and others will say that stockpiling shoes that aren't worn (or intended for practical use) by the owner is a form of hoarding and therefore a disorder.

Good luck for your exchange and trading; like baseball cards It seems.
DangFoo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #13
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Haha. Far from hoarding. Just something to do. I'd say its triggered by childhood wants. . .or things you couldn't get/afford/have and now you can. Not much different from the people on here spending countless hours/$$ obsessing over their Jeeps. ; ) This on the other hand has actually come in handy on a couple occasions when I was without work (construction slows to a halt in the Winter in Chicago) and It has helped me pay the rent/mortgage. Anyway, I didn't want this thread to be all philosophical concerning the rhymes and reasons of collecting shoes. I just want to see if there's any Jordan collectors on the forum. Soooooo let's try this again and LET'S SEE WHAT YOU GOT!!
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #14
robtco99
2001 XJ Cherokee 

My grandparents are very wealthy and would buy my aunt two pair of Jordans every year before school started. She would wear one pair and keep one new in the box to collect. To be honest she was probably that way with most toys as well. I'm sure she has almost every toy NIB from the early 80's-mid 90's.

I thought it was stupid then and I think it's stupid now.
Unread 08-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #15
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtco99
My grandparents are very wealthy and would buy my aunt two pair of Jordans every year before school started. She would wear one pair and keep one new in the box to collect. To be honest she was probably that way with most toys as well. I'm sure she has almost every toy NIB from the early 80's-mid 90's.

I thought it was stupid then and I think it's stupid now.
Good story. Compelling and rich.
image-2682536927.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.