Another Side Project (not jeep) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 25 Old 11-28-2007, 09:34 PM
DementedXJ

1997 XJ Cherokee 

i hope there is some sorta cage or cradle for the motor. Looks like it would take a good hit out on some trails

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab, 4.7l, 2" BB, bfg AT
1997 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 Old 12-03-2007, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
KINGZ

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedXJ
i hope there is some sorta cage or cradle for the motor. Looks like it would take a good hit out on some trails

yea there is one, I just have not got to it yet......

It ties into the motor mount with two 3/4dia bolts OUCH, the top is held in place with 4, 1/4-20. I'm thinking of welding a plate in there, but since Im still having to do work on the motor, I dont see that happaning right off the bat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LIVE HARD, DIE PROUD
post #18 of 25 Old 12-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Steelman
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats on using every font color available...

-Bob
'98 Black TJ Sport 4.0L/Auto Trans
-(O|||||||O)-
my rig:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Are you bipolar, passive agressive, or just unable to recognize the dichotomy of your thought processes?
post #19 of 25 Old 12-03-2007, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
KINGZ

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hi everyone it’s been another week, I was hopping to run it this week, but we all know how that works out..... Interruptions killed me this week, along with, don’t powder coat something that you plan on wet painting later BAD IDEA......

It looks like my friend gave up on building a new shifter mount, oh crap here comes the bondo......wile you there Tim put some bondo on those bad welds. lol

Remember Measure 4 times cut once, measure 5 times cut once, no measure 6 times cut once, oh and make sure you have the switches you need before starting. There was a small mistake on the other gauge panel we where making, some how it became 1/2" to short wile someone was working on it. Oh well make another one, we needed to anyway, I forgot about the Windshield wiper switch, its there now.

The new gauge panel fitted and painted, and what a pain to wet coat this part for some reason, I even rough the powder coat up, I think it was the powder coat, even primer would not stick. Had to sand the powder coat off..

The rear Engine Skid in with tag light.

Started getting the shifter assembly together. Also all the new wiring from the back of the rail has been cleaned up and brought to the front to go to the fuse box and the gauges. and I finally found some oil pressure line over 11ft.

This week I need to find a speedometer shop that will cut my speedometer line and put a connection that will fit my autometer speedo.

NEXT WEEK IT WILL RUN, well maybe, fully independent dual carbs are hard to tune. Plus I don’t know if I'm an 180deg out on the distributor, or if the cap is wired rite. All the books show something different for this type 3, and its hard to find info on it since it only went into the Flat Back, and Square back VW.

SORY I DID NOT PUT ALL THE COLOR INTO THIS TIME, IT SEEMS SOME PPL DONT LIKE IT

LIVE HARD, DIE PROUD

Last edited by KINGZ; 09-11-2008 at 01:54 PM.
post #20 of 25 Old 12-03-2007, 05:33 PM
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

wow thats one good looking rail

-Matt

post #21 of 25 Old 12-18-2007, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
KINGZ

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well over the last two weeks, most of the work has been small details work that really could not be seen. We did get it up and running.

We had some gas tank problems and ended up removing the tank and having it acid and steam cleaned on the inside. We also had to replace all the fule line and filters and cleaning all the connections.

got one seat mounted and working on the rails, and got the front floor pan in.

And yes, we are putting seat covers and foam in the seats.

We where going to drive it around the block this weekend, but since I did not have a 17mm allen wrench (almost a 3/4" allen wrench) to fill the trans axel we put it off till next year since Im leaving this week. We did move it under its own power a few feet just to test the clutch and lankage.

We also had problems With the custom dipstick, the type 3 did not have a dip stick, so we created a place for one. I did not plan on the engine producing as much oil pressure as it did, so oil was spitting out the top of the tube. I plan on welding in a 2.5" exstension and threading the top, The cap will now be threaded and will go to a nylon stick for oil level check. This will seal off the oil.

Im also hoping to have time to make a back cover the the gage cluster, along with window brackets for the rail

Well thats it for now..............

LIVE HARD, DIE PROUD
post #22 of 25 Old 12-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Camo Deere

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Wow.. sure is looking nice, very nice machine.

Maybe I will see it driving down the street one day.
post #23 of 25 Old 12-18-2007, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
KINGZ

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo Deere
Wow.. sure is looking nice, very nice machine.

Maybe I will see it driving down the street one day.

yea I hope to see it on the road too one day!!! im about 2 months behind schedual and $1,800 over budget and im not finish. ahhhh

LIVE HARD, DIE PROUD
post #24 of 25 Old 03-21-2008, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
KINGZ

2004 TJ Wrangler 

its been a few months since I last added anything, but allot of work has been done, steats are now all the way in, seat covers, some wireing fix, a few more custom parts are there now, better tune up on the motor ect.....

well scince I'm about finish with this one, time to start my next one, so this one is going up for sale for sale link on jeep forum

there allot of extras that come with it, I'm also will to do a trade or a TJ, I6, Manual. dont wory Im not done with rails yet, I already have a custom frame being design for my next one. It will take a few months but all these frames on the market are not what I'm looking for, so when that prject starts Ill have picks going up.

LIVE HARD, DIE PROUD
post #25 of 25 Old 04-01-2008, 12:14 AM
JimmyXJ

u are doing great work, please keep the info coming! I dig the way you talk yer way through all the pics. Sorry u've run into so many delays... The computer designed seat pans and instrament panel are kickass! The waterjet-cut skidplates and the big bright chrome headlights are excellent. That magnesium fan shroud and vented pulley are sharp! I love all the work yer doing! u oughta print off this thread when it's all said and done to validate all your hard work!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.