Another Mall Shooting! Illinois? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Another Mall Shooting! Illinois?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-03-2008, 12:36 PM   #16
Texan4life
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJforlife View Post
Isn't Lane Bryant a store for the + size female? I am not against conceal/carry by any means, but it always seems to be an issue. I doubt many plus size females at this store would have been carrying at 10am. This seems like a meat- headed reason for hating a state. This state has done 100,000,000 other things truly corrupt in politics. The politicians don't want us having guns because they are criminals themselves.

Tinley Park is a nice area and it is sad for these people, I hope they find the person that did this.

I know + size females who carry. All it takes is one to drop that loser.

And it has happened in TX. Remember Luby's in Killeen. Since then we started CCL policies. That's the difference between TX and some other states.

Unread 02-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #17
RAMBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMuttDriver View Post
Yes, Chicago has handgun registration, which was "closed" long ago, so most residents cannot own a handgun in the city. In addition, some of the suburbs have handgun bans. Cook County also has an "Assault Weapon" ban. There is currently no CCW, and a resident can only carry a handgun within their home or fixed place of business. Not surprisingly, most if not all of the state anti-gun legislation originates from Chicago lawmakers, as downstate Democrats are almost universally pro-gun and pro-hunting. And just remember, all you non-Illinois residents, Obama is a former Chicago lawmaker.

How can Chicago ban handguns without violating the 2nd Amendment?
RAMBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 04:09 PM   #18
glockfire

Very sad, my heart goes out to the victims families.

Unfortunately, this is just another round of ammunition for anti-gun laws to be shot at us.

Marine Corps Jeep Club Member #4
glockfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 06:30 PM   #19
myrockfight

Good question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMBOY View Post
How can Chicago ban handguns without violating the 2nd Amendment?
They can't. That is why the Supreme Court is hearing the case concerning a similiar law in Washington D.C. which is being challenged by a few individuals with a lawsuit against the city.

[url=http://www.cloud9photography.us/]Airplane Pictures[/url]
myrockfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 07:15 PM   #20
dz1087
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrockfight View Post
They can't. That is why the Supreme Court is hearing the case concerning a similiar law in Washington D.C. which is being challenged by a few individuals with a lawsuit against the city.
God help us if they find for DC.

Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF037AD
'03 TJ Sport, Black on White, Stock. [[Gone]]
'99 XJ, Purple, Stock but with new wheels.

Running Doorless? Check your state's Mirror Laws!!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/list-state-mirror-laws-565361/

There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100% Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.
Theodore Roosevelt
dz1087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #21
myrockfight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1087 View Post
God help us if they find for DC.

Yeah. I am concerned about it. It will either be what it is supposed to be = supporting our inalieable right to bear arms in order to defend ourselves.

Or....It will be politicized, judges will be swayed, and the decision will be made based on what plans have been made for us, as citizens, in the next 5 to 100 years. The way this goes down will certainly say a lot more about where this country is headed than anything else. Sound tinfoil hat-ish?...

Have you heard of the Amero? Or the SPP? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securit..._North_America

[url=http://www.cloud9photography.us/]Airplane Pictures[/url]
myrockfight is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.