Android phones - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > General Discussion > Android phones

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 01-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #91
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post

**** **** dammit that's gay
Apparrently they are adopting HTML5 which is supposed to be better than flash? Dunno

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #92
AmishFury
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead_Jed View Post
you are confusing the two of them, rooting and unlocking a phone are two completely different things.

do a google search on unlocked phones in europe, they are sold on the open market. they are unlocked, not rooted
I am not confusing anything... I've rooted my last 3 phones and unlocked the last 2
AmishFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #93
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishFury View Post

I am not confusing anything... you can unlock a carrier locked phone... and certain models (like most galaxy s variants) can be unlocked through an app that was available on the play store...
You may be referring to unlocking the bootloader. I had to do that on my DNA because verizon locks them down. Dont think Ive seen an app that carrier unlocks phones.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 01-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #94
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Apparrently they are adopting HTML5 which is supposed to be better than flash? Dunno
it is way better, but its taking a while for most sites to adopt it. the main advantage that i see is that it wont matter what browser you are on, all pages will load the same. I love chrome, and cant stand when something is only written for IE. that will totally go away

Quote:
You may be referring to unlocking the bootloader. I had to do that on my DNA because verizon locks them down. Dont think Ive seen an app that carrier unlocks phones.
this, on the newer htc's (last 3 years or so) you need to go to htcdev to unlock your bootloader. that is not unlocking your phone in the way that has been brought up in public recently.

the market is currently flooded with reports on this from just about everywhere, and most people are confused. I located this quote a few days back and i dont remember what site is was from, but it explains it very well

"As of yesterday, it is now illegal to unlock a carrier-subsidized phone for use on another network. Doing so before your contract expires now puts you in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The move is meant to protect carriers from losing the money they spend to subsidize phones before they have a chance to earn it back through their service plans. There’s already a We The People petition to reverse the decision, but is it worth trying to overturn this law?"

and there is a white house petition to overturn this

The reason that cell phones are cheaper when you buy them under contract is that the carrier is paying the difference in the price of the phone, expecting that they’ll earn that money back over the course of the contract. The list price for my phone was $699.99, but with a carrier subsidy, I only paid $200. Verizon paid $500 to htc so that I would use their service for two years, and over that time they can reasonably expect to make much more than that from me.
Ironhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 12:08 AM   #95
AmishFury
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ysunlock&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

looks like the apps are still up on google play
Unread 01-29-2013, 12:23 AM   #96
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh okay. Wow. Wish it was that easy on my DNA to unlock the bootloader haha.

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 01-29-2013, 12:33 AM   #97
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

This pic is using auto enhance

This one is normal with tweaked settings

And this is a shot I took from a vid I took.

Imo, the camera on this phonr is great and rivals my old iphone as well as my friends iphone5. The pics look even better on this screen.

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 02-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #98
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Adobe is dropping flash support for android. It sucks
Is that the cause or effect if 4.2 not having flash? I read Google took it out in favor of HTML5, which would make sense if HTML5 was already established on millions of websites, like flash.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #99
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert View Post
Is that the cause or effect if 4.2 not having flash? I read Google took it out in favor of HTML5, which would make sense if HTML5 was already established on millions of websites, like flash.
I have 4.1.1 and it doesnt have flash either. (Edit, nvm I have a 4.2 rom) Though I just downloaded the .apk from google and installed it. I think they should have waited till html5 was more thoroughly established before dropping flash support for android though.

Haha i wont be getting updates anyway with how haxored my phone is now

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 02-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #100
AmishFury
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
This pic is using auto enhance

This one is normal with tweaked settings

And this is a shot I took from a vid I took.

Imo, the camera on this phonr is great and rivals my old iphone as well as my friends iphone5. The pics look even better on this screen.
here's a tip for the HTC camera app (affects all HTC phones)... go into the settings where you can adjust the sharpness and set it to the lowest setting (probably -2) this will turn off the sharpening filter giving a more detailed, less harsh image...
Unread 02-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #101
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

here's a tip for the HTC camera app (affects all HTC phones)... go into the settings where you can adjust the sharpness and set it to the lowest setting (probably -2) this will turn off the sharpening filter giving a more detailed, less harsh image...
Good stuff. Ill remember that.

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 03-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #102
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

is anyone running a custom rom? looking at a bunch of different roms for my DNA, anyone have a very stable one?
Ironhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #103
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead_Jed View Post
is anyone running a custom rom? looking at a bunch of different roms for my DNA, anyone have a very stable one?
Didn't see this until now.

Did you take the OTA?

Ive run both of these with no issues in the past.

He has a pre and post OTA version setup. Really the only difference is the kernel and a few features.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2105745

This was my favorite favorite one. Not as tweak happy as viperDNA but the battery life was great and very smooth.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2111723

Devs are currently working on an unofficial CM10 build for the DNA. It's almost done and working okay but it is still kinda buggy and they don't have audio yet.

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 03-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #104
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Oh and they have achieved SOFF for HTC products if you were interested.

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 03-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #105
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Running a Rom with a sense 5 port with android 4.1.2. It is ****ing awesome

Quote:
-Zach

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.